Daniel Jeremiah Breaks Down the Rams 2018 Draft Class

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Daniel Jeremiah Breaks Down the Rams 2018 Draft Class –Video

NFL Network Analyst Daniel Jeremiah calls in to chat with Myles Simmons about the Los Angeles Rams 2018 Draft Class.

Watch Jeremiah Talk Rams Draft

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Hmmmm....Liked the RB the best outta all the picks...
Wellllllll, at least you liked somethin!! Did you not like any of the other picks, or did you just really like Kelly?

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anyone care to summarize what Jeremiah said?

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler

In a nutshell: these are "upside" guys, but the Rams have the luxury of picking these types of players because there won't be an urgent need to get these guys on the field this year (his words, not mine)

He likes the John Kelly pick -- DJ compares him to Corey Clemment of the Eagles.

The most polished, ready to get on the field if needed, pick is ILB Micah Kiser.

Here's another link (I have trouble getting the rams-news links to load, for whatever reason):
View: http://www.therams.com/videos/videos/Daniel-Jeremiah-Breaks-Down-the-Rams-2018-Draft-Class/049243cc-fc38-46f4-ab8d-17341b48e447

Limey

Rookie
Didn't see this video yet (I'm at work) but @LoyalRam posted another analysis video of Kelly after he was drafted, and I was really impressed by how low he gets. The stuff about getting behind his pads is no exaggeration. There was also a stat about him not losing yardage on any play all season. It didn't sound likely, but you could see him fight, twist and drag himself forward on a couple of the plays in that video when he got nailed behind the line by multiple tacklers and still got back to where he started. I'm really excited to see what he can do with the Rams.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Wellllllll, at least you liked somethin!! Did you not like any of the other picks, or did you just really like Kelly?

He said...Daniel Jeremiah said he liked the RB outta Tennessee the best....liked the players potential...upside...

Sparq guys ...dudes with similar attributes that have played the game...height, weight, SPEED....

AND

I actually like a LOT of the picks...and the UDFA's as well....the more guys we get on the squad that can run....jump...tackle...catch...the bigger...the better...I'm still looking up this guy...
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/john-franklin-myers?id=32462018-0002-5601-3962-fcfe2ee52f31
Overview
Franklin-Myers carried 297 pounds on his frame this spring but played at 280 at the NFLPA game in January. His sweet spot might be around 290 pounds, which would position him more favorably as a 3-4 defensive end with some rush potential. Franklin-Myers flashes power at the point of attack and the ability to get a quick win when he's working around the edges. He's a solid developmental prospect with intriguing upside if the technique improves.

Strengths
  • NFL-worthy build with good size and a broad, tapered chest
  • Wingspan measured over 82 inches at the NFLPA game
  • Tape is full of him bludgeoning blockers across from him
  • Explosive upper body power
  • Carries bang behind his pads and is able to knock opponents off-balance when his leverage is right
  • Decent lateral quickness to flatten out runners to the perimeter
  • Shows athletic ability to work edge-to-edge as rusher
  • Gets good mileage from his arm-over move and works his hands and feet in unison
  • Possesses balance to recover
https://www.nfl.com/draft/tracker/teams?team=LA

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
He said...Daniel Jeremiah said he liked the RB outta Tennessee the best....liked the players potential...upside...

Sparq guys ...dudes with similar attributes that have played the game...height, weight, SPEED....

AND

I actually like a LOT of the picks...and the UDFA's as well....the more guys we get on the squad that can run....jump...tackle...catch...the bigger...the better...I'm still looking up this guy...
https://www.nfl.com/prospects/john-franklin-myers?id=32462018-0002-5601-3962-fcfe2ee52f31

Franklin Myers is really intriguing to me. Just saw he ran a 4.75 at the combine. That's flying for DE! I'm guessing he's insurance for Easley and could push Fox and Westbrooks for time. They spent a 4th on him so he's not going anywhere.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

AND

Franklin Myers is really intriguing to me. Just saw he ran a 4.75 at the combine. That's flying for DE! I'm guessing he's insurance for Easley and could push Fox and Westbrooks for time. They spent a 4th on him so he's not going anywhere.

Here's some more on John Franklin and where they desire for him to play....5 tech DE.... Fox & Westbrooks are 5 tech reserves currently so they may want to keep an eye ;)out for Franklin
https://theramswire.usatoday.com/20...s-rams-draft-john-franklin-myers-fit-defense/

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Hmmmm....Liked the RB the best outta all the picks...

I saw a clip with the coach and another guy. They said he did not have a run that resulted in a loss all season. That is one amazing stat. The kid does not like going out of bounds. Would rather deliver a hit and fight for more yards. I'm warming up to this pick.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Kelly was one of the better picks/values they made. But the problem is he's not one of the picks who will be an impactful starter type if they hit on him. Pretty sure he'll have a good shot to make the roster, but I think what's most critical from this draft, and what will dictate how it's looked at down the road, is how the edge rush types develop.

Really hoping they hit on one of these guys. And if he can be an impact/plus player type addition all the better.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I saw a clip with the coach and another guy. They said he did not have a run that resulted in a loss all season. That is one amazing stat. The kid does not like going out of bounds. Would rather deliver a hit and fight for more yards. I'm warming up to this pick.
Again, it was Daniel Jeremiah that considered Kelly his favorite pick of the Rams...

I like Noteboom the best....but I agree with the.....overall type of players selected.....my only concern is Allen.....I actually like the way he's played on film...I don't like his size/height/length....I wonder how the OC from last years udfa class looks after a year in the weight room