Cosell on WR. Part 1 &2

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Cosell the smartest man in football speaks WR.

Part 1
<a class="postlink" href="http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/cosell-doctorine-part-1-wild-card-receivers-set-163054246--nfl.html;_ylt=Am31Dwz5qhBNxXGx0xDOhthYYsp_;_ylu=X3oDMTFkcWhpdTZuBG1pdANCbG9nIEJvZHkEcG9zAzUEc2VjA01lZGlhQmxvZ0JvZHlBc3NlbWJseQ--;_ylg=X3oDMTJtcDluYTZpBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDYjBiNGQyZDUtNzc3ZC0zZTI5LTkwOTktOTQ1MzNjYjU5ZGU5BHBzdGNhdANuZmwEcHQDc3RvcnlwYWdl;_ylv=3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... Wdl;_ylv=3</a>

Part 2
<a class="postlink" href="http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/cosell-doctorine-pt-2-ranking-receivers-impossible-task-152311174--nfl.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... --nfl.html</a>

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Good stuff from Cosell as always. Thanks for posting.

He highlights Hunter in two of his closing paragraphs. I think he is often an overlooked candidate for the 22nd pick and could potentially be a dark horse for the 16th pick, if Austin is off the board and the FO wants a more polished product than Patterson. Hunter is a damn good player.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
libertadrocks said:

He highlights Hunter in two of his closing paragraphs. I think he is often an overlooked candidate for the 22nd pick and could potentially be a dark horse for the 16th pick, if Austin is off the board and the FO wants a more polished product than Patterson. Hunter is a damn good player.
They could probably polish Patterson and get him ready to contribute heavily by year two. Like Quick, he'd probably get a few plays of his own and they'd be able to assess his progress accordingly. I mean, I'm sure they can give him some 9's, quick slants, bubble screens and post-patterns. The key, I guess, would be to make sure that he's not in a position where he has to make a sight adjustment. Because, clearly, that would be very difficult for him to do at this level right off the bat.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
The Dude said:
libertadrocks said:

They could probably polish Patterson and get him ready to contribute heavily by year two. Like Quick, he'd probably get a few plays of his own and they'd be able to assess his progress accordingly. I mean, I'm sure they can give him some 9's, quick slants, bubble screens and post-patterns. The key, I guess, would be to make sure that he's not in a position where he has to make a sight adjustment. Because, clearly, that would be very difficult for him to do at this level right off the bat.

Yeah. Definitely not advocating Hunter over Patterson, Patterson's ceiling is just too high. Just thinking out loud. One has to wonder if the FO would be willing to spend a 1st round pick on a player that is so raw, especially when some question his ability to learn the NFL game, a year after selecting BQ.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
libertadrocks said:
The Dude said:
libertadrocks said:

Yeah. Definitely not advocating Hunter over Patterson, Patterson's ceiling is just too high. Just thinking out loud. One has to wonder if the FO would be willing to spend a 1st round pick on a player that is so raw, especially when some question his ability to learn the NFL game, a year after selecting BQ.
It would definitely be a calculated risk, and it would definitely set back the progression of this team on a small scale. I suppose it depends on how he grades out with Snead, and how far along BQ is at this point in time. I just see SO MUCH potential in Patterson. I can kinda see what the finished product would be a few years down the road and it's scary good. All JMO of course.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Dude said:
libertadrocks said:
The Dude said:
libertadrocks said:

It would definitely be a calculated risk, and it would definitely set back the progression of this team on a small scale. I suppose it depends on how he grades out with Snead, and how far along BQ is at this point in time. I just see SO MUCH potential in Patterson. I can kinda see what the finished product would be a few years down the road and it's scary good. All JMO of course.

While abiding the Dude, and not knowing his Pattersons football IQ compared to Quick. I think we get much more out of Patterson year 1.
He will be the kick returner, however they kick it.
He will get around 50+ carries out of the back field. He runs like Dickerson.
Like the article said he will be the joker for the Rams. Swing him out of backfield or offset him and let him find a seam. Simple plays that get him in space.
He knows the 9 route at least.

I can see this kid busting. But if the coaches can make it click for him he could be as close as we ever get to having a Megatron type.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yamahopper said:
The Dude said:
libertadrocks said:
The Dude said:
libertadrocks said:

While abiding the Dude, and not knowing his Pattersons football IQ compared to Quick. I think we get much more out of Patterson year 1.
He will be the kick returner, however they kick it.
He will get around 50+ carries out of the back field. He runs like Dickerson.
Like the article said he will be the joker for the Rams. Swing him out of backfield or offset him and let him find a seam. Simple plays that get him in space.
He knows the 9 route at least.

I can see this kid busting. But if the coaches can make it click for him he could be as close as we ever get to having a Megatron type.
I like where your head's at man.
I was just being conservative in my projection.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Would I be right in saying that the "Cosell Doctrine" is merely a new name for Martz's GSOT offense?