Benny Cunningham Signs RFA Tender With Rams.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Just another way for the man to keep them down! No guarantee? That sucks big time.

Granted $1.671 million, $2.553 million, and $3.635 million, respectively is a helluva lot more than most of us make but still. You'd think on theory, if you're going to tender a player so that he's not free to sign with any club, unless his old club refuses to match the offer, or that club gives up a draft pick, it would be guaranteed money or a percentage of it (50%?) guaranteed. Hmmm. I guess that's where they get the term RESTRICTED free agency. Probably would have been more aptly named REFUTED free agency.

Still, if it's helped us keep Bennie, I'm all for it! LOL

Ram Man

Rookie

Perhaps. Cunningham may end up signing a worse deal with the Rams now to get a little bit of that sweet guaranteed money. Will the Rams make such an offer to Cunningham? Probably. Will Cunningham gamble on himself and refuse it? Depends on the terms. If the Rams make an offer and Cunningham refuses, we may never know it happened.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I'm glad to see him back but I do not over value him as I think his skills would have been available from plenty of other players. He is decent on third down but not a go to guy and he has put the ball on the ground a few too many times, his biggest plus to me is his return ability. If he was worth more he'd have gotten offers for more on the market.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
If he refuses to sign for less than the tender on a longer term deal and the Rams cut him, I can totally see the Pats picking him up. He's the kind of value they actively seek out.

You pay for value, you don't get penny wise and pound foolish.