Anyone curious where Former Ram Barrett Jones is?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
He is now a commentator with the SEC Network. Watching the Mizzou game and he is on the broadcast.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Man, I always felt like the Rams fans got taken for a ride with that guy....We were told that he could play all over the Oline, but he looked puny vs Jake Long...It's a draft pick like that made me want Snead fired back in the day.....Turns out the fault was probably on Fisher and whoever the assmunch OC was that year...

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
To be fair, he did well in college and had the resume. Plus he’s as smart as a whip so he probably nailed the interview. Also, his best film was against bigger NTs, so it was felt his size wasn’t an issue and he’d round into pro shape under an NFL strength and conditioning program.

Two OL Fisher drafted didn’t work out were complete opposites in Greg Robinson and Barrett Jones.

I was really hoping he’d work out, but turns out he was maxed out in college. That happens.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
To be fair, he did well in college and had the resume. Plus he’s as smart as a whip so he probably nailed the interview. Also, his best film was against bigger NTs, so it was felt his size wasn’t an issue and he’d round into pro shape under an NFL strength and conditioning program.

Two OL Fisher drafted didn’t work out were complete opposites in Greg Robinson and Barrett Jones.

I was really hoping he’d work out, but turns out he was maxed out in college. That happens.

I suspect the Lis Franc injury made it much harder for him to work out - and he wasn't a guy that had a huge margin of error. Apparently a very smart guy, and could have been a great center, but could never get all his strength back after the injury.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Lis franc injuries for big bodies are arguably a bigger hurdle than even knee injuries.

It’s amazing how hard it is to workout when one's feet aren’t working.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
He is now a commentator with the SEC Network.

Knew that

He spoke at Little Rock Touchdown Club last year.

Dude was never healthy enough for pro football...had foot surgery right after a national championship. He’s moved on.

It happens.

I, too, had hoped he would overcome the injuries.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I suspect the Lis Franc injury made it much harder for him to work out - and he wasn't a guy that had a huge margin of error. Apparently a very smart guy, and could have been a great center, but could never get all his strength back after the injury.
He also had a back injury/surgery in his second year.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I loved this draft pick if I'm honest, dude had all the pedigree to play in the NFL - just never got healthy - glad he's found a career now though

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Barrett Jones?

Didn’t he end up being a motivational speaker, or something?

chris-farley-1024.jpg

Mister Sin

Formally Known as Juggs
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Sin
This is funny cause I was literally searching for him in google the other day. Wondering wtf happened. I thought he would be solid.