Amendola

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Is the best player on the team.

It's just unbelievable how different this team is when he's not on the field.

Sent via Tapatalk2.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
It's a good point. Hard to argue, since he does completely change the team when he's in.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
He was jobbed twice last week. The punt return that got called back and the 80 yard jaunt that got called back. He could have had so many all purpose yards, it's ridiculous. I felt sick for him.

Sent via Tapatalk2.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Without question. What amazes me is that he has gotten better this year. Pretty much runs the entire route tree. Can line up as X, Y or Z and beat any coverage thrown his way. He has abused every corner he has gone against this season...including Peterson and Rogers. Kid needs a new contract ASAP!!!

classicpony

Starter
Name
Jim
can you believe they almost didn't sign him! The RAMS acted as though they didn't want him, unless he signed for less. HE WANTED TO PLAY FOR ONLY THE RAMS. Not sure but they might have got him for a 1 year deal???? :evil:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah.. kinda hard to argue at this point. He certainly helps the team more than any other individual player.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
classicpony said:
can you believe they almost didn't sign him! The RAMS acted as though they didn't want him, unless he signed for less. HE WANTED TO PLAY FOR ONLY THE RAMS. Not sure but they might have got him for a 1 year deal???? :evil:

wasn't he a restricted FA? no team bit so the rams got him on a one year deal for around $2.5m.

they'll have to fork out the money now. the going rate is in the $8m to $9m per year range.

and to think i wanted salas to start over him. lucky i'm not a gm.

classicpony

Starter
Name
Jim
Now he is just waiting for the franchise tag to be laid on him by the RAMS. :twisted:

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
classicpony said:
Now he is just waiting for the franchise tag to be laid on him by the RAMS. :twisted:
I don't see the Rams going so far as franchising him. First off, that's a hefty cap hit. Secondly, they know his value, or rather, they know his value to other teams (NE). They'll get him locked up as soon as it makes sense, probably early offseason.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Ram Quixote said:
I don't see the Rams going so far as franchising him. First off, that's a hefty cap hit. Secondly, they know his value, or rather, they know his value to other teams (NE). They'll get him locked up as soon as it makes sense, probably early offseason.

This^^^

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
RamFan503 said:
Ram Quixote said:

This^^^

Danny told PFT he hasnt had any conversations about an extension. From what I have read we will likely use the franchise tag on him, which he is okay with, and then negotiate with him up till the mid-summer deadline at which point his tag figure will go against the cap.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
libertadrocks said:
RamFan503 said:
Ram Quixote said:

This^^^

Danny told PFT he hasnt had any conversations about an extension. From what I have read we will likely use the franchise tag on him, which he is okay with, and then negotiate with him up till the mid-summer deadline at which point his tag figure will go against the cap.

So you think they will pay Danny top 5 WR money instead of working out a contract? I think that figure would be over $9 mil. I just can't see them doing it. That doesn't mean I see him being worth less than Welker but... You also have to take into account his recent injuries. Yeah that sucks to say but it has to be considered. If they do, I'm fine with it. The dude has paid his dues and showed hit metal. I just don't see it happening. I do think he will remain in horns but not via the franchise tag. Of course I'm rarely right in all this stuff so... Yeah - THAT's what it's worth.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
RamFan503 said:
libertadrocks said:
RamFan503 said:
Ram Quixote said:

This^^^

So you think they will pay Danny top 5 WR money instead of working out a contract? I think that figure would be over $9 mil. I just can't see them doing it. That doesn't mean I see him being worth less than Welker but... You also have to take into account his recent injuries. Yeah that sucks to say but it has to be considered. If they do, I'm fine with it. The dude has paid his dues and showed hit metal. I just don't see it happening. I do think he will remain in horns but not via the franchise tag. Of course I'm rarely right in all this stuff so... Yeah - THAT's what it's worth.

It would be over 10 million.

Youre right, that's a hefty price for him. He probably doesnt get that in the open market. However the FO is in a predicament. They cant afford to have the only receiving weapon to leave. It would retard the offense. He is worth more to us than anyone else. Thats why the speculation is that we will apply the tag and hope to negotiate a long term deal before we take the cap hit.

classicpony

Starter
Name
Jim
Ram Quixote said:
classicpony said:

your right on the hefty cap hit using the fran tag on him, seems like it is around 12 million. Ouch! If an only if he does not sign the I think they will use it. :evil:

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Considering his health history now, I bet they use the tag on him. It's almost a perfect scenario for the Rams. He has 1 more year to prove he can stay healthy, and really show why he's so valuable to the team. It's not fair, but it's reality unfortunately.

I guess he gets a pretty fair chunk of change from the sounds of it though? Idk anymore. Demoff has done a great job managing the financial situation of this team. I'm positive he the rest of the staff and fo know Dannys value and will do the right thing.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Username said:
Considering his health history now, I bet they use the tag on him. It's almost a perfect scenario for the Rams. He has 1 more year to prove he can stay healthy, and really show why he's so valuable to the team. It's not fair, but it's reality unfortunately.

I guess he gets a pretty fair chunk of change from the sounds of it though? Idk anymore. Demoff has done a great job managing the financial situation of this team. I'm positive he the rest of the staff and fo know Dannys value and will do the right thing.
Yeah he's been hurt bt NOT his wheels, the injuries he's had are to areas that rehab well because of good blood flow ,unlike HAS and knee stuff.
IMO we go long term deal ,no franchise tag around $7mill/year average .

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Thordaddy said:
Username said:

Yeah he's been hurt bt NOT his wheels, the injuries he's had are to areas that rehab well because of good blood flow ,unlike HAS and knee stuff.

They have been rather serious injuries, but that's a good point. Plus, he's shown he's a pretty tough guy too no? :lmao: :shock:

Guy's a one of the last REAL football players out there. Tough as nails wants to be on the field no matter what. Goes 110% on every play. Works tirelessly improving on his game every season. I'd imagine we might consider locking him up as well haha. I hope so. I just think we have a lot of money locked up other places next year. I really have no clue how we're sitting financially.

In MY opinion though, if Danny can stay healthy, he could be a top 5 receiver in the league. Regardless of where he lines up on the field. He's that good. Sams comfort/trust level with him is at a all time high too. He's being hit all over the field.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Thordaddy said:

That sounds about right.