2017 RAM thoughts looking ahead to 2018

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mikedlo23

UDFA
Name
mike
theres a few points that i wanna make as a die hard fan.....

1. never did i see us improving this much in year one(i thought 6 wins with 7-8 wins as a long long shot)
2. any more wins this year would be gravy for me in year one
3. last year i would love to take it out of my mind forever.....having fisher not play to goffs strength....not having an online...not getting receivers....scoring 15 points a game....i was so tired of it for 5 straight years....
4. i believe we all see a good future with mcvay and goff.....i truly believe the seahags are on the way to becoming a .500 team and the rams are going to become a annual playoff team...
5. i do believe we need a draft or 2 for acquiring some talent and depth that we need as a team...im truly happy with the amount of productivity that mcvay has gotten out of some guys that no-one thought would make an impact...
6. making the playoffs this year would exceed almost everyones expectations that everyone had before the year started. so I'm really happy with the team as a whole right now and for the first time in a long time i can say I'm happy about our future

looking forward to next years team...what are your thoughts on who we should draft and who we should target in free agency/or resign..........

for me i believe joyner, easley, sullivan, robey-coleman, longacre should get resigned.....i also believe that we have the interest of trumaine.....looking at his social media...interviews....the way he has been this year...i truly believe that he wants to be back as a ram and i don't think he is going to command a huge contract.....

i would like to upgrade....all linebacker spots if possible....cornerbacks....oline depth...saftey

thoughts?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
looking forward to next years team...what are your thoughts on who we should draft and who we should target in free agency/or resign..........
For me it's too early for this^^, I'm having too much Fun enjoying This Season, I'll start looking at this when we are Finished for the Season! Hopefully that won't be until some time in February! (y);):D:mrburnsevil:

mikedlo23

UDFA
Name
mike
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
agree with you 100%...i think I'm just excited to see what our future holds...its been a while since i could have said that

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
y'know it's good when hardly anyone is talking about the draft until the start of the offseason. Hopefully Snead will continue sniffing out good talent; we need more depth at certain units if we want to a deep playoff run

fearsomefour

Legend
I agree with all your points except #1.

I want to resign those guys plus a couple more and add to the D in FA.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
No doubt Snead has been sniffing around for talent since the last draft was finished.

Team needs will have been evaluated, and a strategy will have been formulated. These guys definitely get it.

He and McVay are surely gonna come up with some fine new talent via draft and FA next offseason.

Some moves are kinda obvious, but others might be more subtle. I see no reason to expect other than quality moves by the trio of Snead, McVay, and Wade.

I’m feeling zero stress about that process anymore. Great feeling, I might add.

Meanwhile, let’s all enjoy this playoff push season.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I want us to get Alabama’s Da’Ron Payne at NT in the first round.

He’s a freakish athlete that not only fills a need, but should by far be the BPA when the Rams pick in the late 20s (one can always hope to draft 32nd...)

I really like Westbrook’s, but he’s best at the DE and I’d rather he be depth for Brockers and AD so our DL rotation is solid. Keep Walker to back up Payne.

I see some nice scheme fits for us at CB and OLB in rounds 3-4. It’s early, but I don’t like the value fits for those spots for us in the first and you don’t often find stud athletes at the NT position with this kind of already developed hand usage, power and quickness. If he were a 3 technique I’d say he should be a top 10 pick.

Like I said, the NFL undervalues NTs.

nighttrain

Legend
I want us to get Alabama’s Da’Ron Payne at NT in the first round.

He’s a freakish athlete that not only fills a need, but should by far be the BPA when the Rams pick in the late 20s (one can always hope to draft 32nd...)

I really like Westbrook’s, but he’s best at the DE and I’d rather he be depth for Brockers and AD so our DL rotation is solid. Keep Walker to back up Payne.

I see some nice scheme fits for us at CB and OLB in rounds 3-4. It’s early, but I don’t like the value fits for those spots for us in the first and you don’t often find stud athletes at the NT position with this kind of already developed hand usage, power and quickness. If he were a 3 technique I’d say he should be a top 10 pick.

Like I said, the NFL undervalues NTs.
This young man sounds like just the ticket, big, i mean huge, and freakishly strong
train

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah I think this offseason is going to bring a defensive draft. At least one CB for sure, NT, and an edge OLB. There's also FA of course as well, but I think if they sign Donald they're going to be less active in the market.

If they don't sign Donald then they'll get a windfall of picks in a mega trade, and restack this thing in what should still be a heavy defensive draft. This is going to be a very dangerous offseason for Snead, lot of moving parts and huge decisions to be made.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I used to think a Donald trade was unfathomable.

That said...I dunno if they do the holdout thing again. I have no idea what Donald asked for as reportedly the Rams made a pretty substantial offer. I dunno if the issue was guarantees, structure or incentives or what.

And JJ Watt isn't helping AD's case... JJ dominated and as soon as he got his money...injury after injury after injury.

I'd still prefer to have AD...ALL DAY.

That said if we had to plug in Dominique Easley when he's back AND had the cap room for some top flight CB talent AND a bevy of picks... I dunno that we don't fare better.

I mean, there's a dropoff from AD to a healthy Easley. But I dunno that it's $100M worth of dropoff when Easley coupled with a resigned Tru and a signed Butler wouldn't make more of a difference.

I dunno. Seems like I'm trying to talk myself into trading AD and I'm not... but if a deal isn't done, I think it's less of the end of the world than I woulda thought last year. That presumes Easley can come back, but I'm pretty sure he should be good to go.