YouTube Behavior

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We cut the cord last year and so I am watching a lot of YouTube content creators, and sometimes I visit a Live Stream chat for an NFL game. It's like a quick chat that streams so fast, it's hard to keep up with comments, let alone responding to them. The whole set up is perverse to me.... I've visited Northwest Sports Fanatic (NWSF), run and hosted by a guy named Orion in Portland, OR Metro. He prides himself on knowing all 32 teams and being a fan of the NFL. He is also a big Buccaneers fan.

Talking about a game in progress, as Orion does, while answering questions is ok. Perverse part is the constant hawking for donations and hitting that "like" button. With every donation, a banner with the person's user name and donation amount appears with Orion expressing excitement for their "dono." It seems that it's a form of ego stroking by Orion, and confirmation of membership into the "NWSF Family." There is also attempted peer pressure about fans of certain teams not giving much of anything to support him, like myself. It used to be that $5 and $10 donations were the norm, but now there are fools dropping $100 at a time, which is friggin' insane, imo. He calls one girl "Holly Hundo" because she drops $100 donations once or twice a live stream, regularly. The weakness of people wanting to be virtually recognized by an internet guy, astonishes me. There are nights when Orion pulls in $500 for 3-4 hours of talking, while drinking beer and eating cannabis gummy bears. *smh, great work if you can get it.

Is my take on point, or am I screwed up somehow?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
We cut the cord last year and so I am watching a lot of YouTube content creators, and sometimes I visit a Live Stream chat for an NFL game. It's like a quick chat that streams so fast, it's hard to keep up with comments, let alone responding to them. The whole set up is perverse to me.... I've visited Northwest Sports Fanatic (NWSF), run and hosted by a guy named Orion in Portland, OR Metro. He prides himself on knowing all 32 teams and being a fan of the NFL. He is also a big Buccaneers fan.

Talking about a game in progress, as Orion does, while answering questions is ok. Perverse part is the constant hawking for donations and hitting that "like" button. With every donation, a banner with the person's user name and donation amount appears with Orion expressing excitement for their "dono." It seems that it's a form of ego stroking by Orion, and confirmation of membership into the "NWSF Family." There is also attempted peer pressure about fans of certain teams not giving much of anything to support him, like myself. It used to be that $5 and $10 donations were the norm, but now there are fools dropping $100 at a time, which is friggin' insane, imo. He calls one girl "Holly Hundo" because she drops $100 donations once or twice a live stream, regularly. The weakness of people wanting to be virtually recognized by an internet guy, astonishes me. There are nights when Orion pulls in $500 for 3-4 hours of talking, while drinking beer and eating cannabis gummy bears. *smh, great work if you can get it.

My kids watch some regular Youtubers. Anyone that's made it big doesn't need to do that but the rest do it so often. I agree its annoying.

I shouldn't be this way but how rich some of these YouTube's are really annoys me. Most don't have any talent. They just do the same things as others and they tell the camera how much they love you and that you are a part of their family. Most of the women are selling sex appeal with tight overflowing clothing. It all feels kind of creepy and exploitative to me. I don't let my kids subscribe or donate. Most of what they watch on there is crap. The only ones I like, that my son watches, are re-airing of skits from Conan O'Brien and other comedians, and the NFL top tens or game highlights.

I have used some the baseball coaching videos, how to videos that taught me how to fix my car, dishwasher, flat screen TV, dryer, computer, etc... Instructional stuff is different than the entertainment end. I've saved a lot of money through the years by not calling repair services.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
PT Barnum in his grave going ..............THIS is what I was talking about!!

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
The Youtube influencer thing is quite a phenomena that is tough to put a finger on.
Especially since a guy like me didn't grow up with even social media.
I watch a few educational videos that support either hobbies I have or just curiosity.
One of my friends, rents out a room at his house and one of his tenants was the girlfriend of Captain Sparklez.
My buddy said he would come over driving Ferrari and Lambo's young kid just making bank through Youtube Videos.
I wish I knew the recipe. My son used to watch Mr Beast what a racket

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

You are entering that stage of your life where scam artists are going to try to bilk you out of your life savings. You old fart. :laugh3:

It's a tried and true system though, to offer recognition of some form for a donation. TV evangelists have been using that for years to steal from people of your advanced years.

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
PT Barnum in his grave going ..............THIS is what I was talking about!!

9f19fdb6bb4a1b27bbcdbf01de3d9fb2f24cde43r1-480-480_hq.gif