Your Tattoos

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I don't have a pic but it's the swansong logo from Zepplin:

c5f5da6eda843044b9bff883dc1ae9c5.jpg

It's Icarus. No background, just Icarus.

I was 18. Just got out of USMC bootcamp. Had money and so much peppermint schnapps in me I bled everywhere. Dude even let me drink while I got it. Peppermint schnapps for god's sake.

A very very HOT female Marine was next to me getting a USMC bulldog on her arm. I was both sickened that she was doing that to her hot body and impressed she was that badass. She was probably a bourbon girl.

Last edited:

RamzFanz

Damnit
This is going to be my second or third wife's tat.

Just gotta earn a few million and find this girl:

front6.jpg

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I have been tempted in the past to get a Tattoo but always felt like Thor does. Do I want to freeze a moment in time and permanently link myself to it? I could understand if I was in the service and wanted to remember my brotherhood with the other guys I served with.

But overall, I figure I don't want to mark up a perfectly good body (however surgically scarred it is), and pay money to put myself through undue pain when I have suffered through more pain than any man should. Besides I know an old woman who had a dove tattoo and it now looks more like a chicken. When I am old and the Tat is faded it wont look good.

But I know many that have them and they do look cool. Just don't get them on your neck or hands. It can affect employment opportunities.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
As bad as it sounds, I completely forgot about a 5th tat I have on my elbow lol. I have an upside down pentagram with the goat head.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I want to get a Japanese Yakuza-style tattoo on my right shoulder. Something crazy colorful, preferably with carp and dragon imagery. Also with a TARDIS in the middle of it. Just kind of an Easter egg within a tattoo.

Problem is I'm a big needlephobic wuss.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
IMG_0510.JPG

New Jack Skellington tattoo 11/28/2015.
not sure when, but muttley is next.
Muttley-picture.gif

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I have just one tattoo , probably have it for 10 years or so now

tattoo_zpsdkhhg3sm.jpg

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
You didn't get the same one I didn't get,I understand why people want them ,there are moments when they are apropos like when I'm pretending to be a big bad biker etc., what I don't understand is why the permanence of the act and the temporary urge don't clash in the reasoning pattern and the decision comes out to not get it.
They freeze you in a moment,IF that moment is so monumental as to dictate a tattoo and you want to be CONSTANTLY reminded you want it to be a defining act ,I can see that, but even that passes,or can be accomplished less obtrusively. They are a means of expression but they aren't very precise and often express what we never or no longer wish to express.
I told my kids when they were 10 -12 ,here's the thing if they were free didn't hurt and there was no age limit ,both of you would be covered with Barney and Baby Bop tattoos now ,and we all know how over that crap is, that's the thing 90% of tattoos would qualify as an indelible expression of a temporary feeling, people change the tat doesn't ,so they get more because they aren't satisfied with the ones they've got anymore.
So as the story unfolds of my life Thor has a tattoo of a Pokemon character on his ankle and my son in law has one of Calvin and Hobbs:LOL: so WTF.
I have other Psychology Today opinions about them like I can't help but notice the explosion of tats in society and the war on drugs exporting it's early catches to the street ,IOW they are a cultural manifestation to me of how the war on drugs has exported prison culture to our streets.
Then there is reason 456 not to get,because if they are on your legs you wear shorts on your arms you wear sleeveless shirts in sub zero weather IF you are still so proud of them you just have to show them off.

I know a lot of guys here have them and I don't want any of you to think I think poorly of you for having them , I was in a grad school accounting class ,the prof a retired comptroller from a Fortune 500 co. threw this out , "the people at the top of the most successful businesses in the world are wrong an alarming amount of time probably upper 40%s but they are right then in the 50s and they play with such huge sums that they make huge profits despite their mistakes, I make what I know to be mistakes, really bone headed ones ,that's just something I consider a mistake I haven't made yet.That doesn't mean I won't ever since I'm old already I don't have reason not to get 63 to worry about, when you get old they sag: solution wait until you're old to get one:whistle:

I miss you.