LEGEND Your Song of the Day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
when my dad would come home from work and put on leon redbone, i knew he was in a good mood.

Alan

Legend
CodeMonkey liking the Hendrix solo too:

:LOL: I actually posted this one before I decided to replace it a couple of minutes later it with a different one. After posting the SRV video of a Hendrix song I didn't want to repeat the same artist and so I used my fall back Satriani video. You can't go wrong with either one of them can you. :LOL: (y)

Last edited:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
'Mechanical World' is the first song I ever heard through headphones. Yes folks there was a time when headphones were not available to the general public. This occurred in the library at my high school. It overloaded my brain so I began yelling and got the "shut the hell up sign" from the librarian.

I was in a band with a guy named Jim Ferguson who's cousin Jay Ferguson was the singer in Spirit. So we headed on over to the Fillmore West one night to see their show. There must not have been more than a hundred people there. The place reeked of pot, patchouli, and hippie sweat.

The best part of the show was when Randy California debuted a song he was working on called 'Nature's Way' on his acoustic guitar. Randy tragically drowned in the ocean off of Maui saving his son's life.

Spirit toured with Led Zeppelin and ""Jimmy Page's use of a theremin has been attributed to his seeing Randy California use one that he had mounted to his amplifier, and it is now widely accepted that Page lifted the descending guitar figure from Spirit's instrumental "Taurus" for Led Zeppelin's signature tune "Stairway To Heaven". In 2014, Mark Andes, Spirit's bass player, and a trust acting on behalf of Randy California, filed a copyright infringement suit against Led Zeppelin in an attempt to obtain a writing credit for "Stairway To Heaven."

Imo Spirit is an underrated band, ahead of their time, and well worth checking out. The best album is Twelve Dreams of Dr. Sardonicus.

Alan

Legend
Great story @Prime Time . I saw King Crimson in a tiny club in Denver. It was probably only big enough to fit 50-60 people in it. I can't really tell you how many people were there because I was high on Orange Sunshine before I went in and I really couldn't see anything except the stage and the group.

They played their In the Court of the Crimson King and In the wake of Poseidon albums. Fantastic concert! Of course I might have said the same thing had the been The Andrew Sisters. :LOL:

Love the guitar @thirteen28 . I'll have to dive in a little deeper on D'Auri. Hadn't heard anything he's done before today. (y)

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Great story @Prime Time . I saw King Crimson in a tiny club in Denver. It was probably only big enough to fit 50-60 people in it. I can't really tell you how many people were there because I was high on Orange Sunshine before I went in and I really couldn't see anything except the stage and the group.

They played their In the Court of the Crimson King and In the wake of Poseidon albums. Fantastic concert! Of course I might have said the same thing had the been The Andrew Sisters. :LOL:

I'm so frikkin' jealous. In the Court of the Crimson King is on my top ten albums of all time list. So in honor of that......

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Love the guitar @thirteen28 . I'll have to dive in a little deeper on D'Auri. Hadn't heard anything he's done before today.

He only did two albums, he's now deceased. Much of his stuff is on YouTube, you can also buy it off iTunes. Really incredible at his craft.

Alan

Legend
Prime Time able to separate:
In the Court of the Crimson King is on my top ten albums of all time list.
So I was thinking about this and decided to try and make one myself. Couldn't do it. Best I can probably do is get it down to about a top 30. Maybe top 40. I'd think of 20 or so and try to pare it down but couldn't find a good reason to subtract any. Then I'd remember another one and I'd have to add it to my list. I've decided to give up. :( :LOL:

If you know your top 10 off the top of your head I'd love to know what they are. If you share I promise not to say but what about ________. :LOL:

Last edited:

Alan

Legend
Force16X with memories of his Dad:
when my dad would come home from work and put on leon redbone, i knew he was in a good mood.
Every Saturday and Sunday morning my Dad would get up and put a John Philip Sousa record on and we'd listen to marching music for about an hour. Everyone in the house would find themselves marching around the house. You'd notice you were doing it and you'd stop but 10 minutes later you'd be marching again. :LOL: :ROFLMAO: Plus, you couldn't just sit around the house and relax. You had to get up and do something.