LEGEND Your Song of the Day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Didn't we figure out one time we both went to the same Ziggy concert at the House of Blues in Disney lol?

I think we did. I don't think I've ever missed on of his shows at the House of Blues. You need to get your ass back down here some time.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Tears for Fears - 'Head Over Heels'

http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=18164

"Head Over Heels" was the tenth UK single release from Tears for Fears, and it scored them their eighth UK Top 40 hit. It is one of five hit singles from their third album Songs from the Big Chair.

The album Songs from the Big Chair takes its name from the 1976 American TV drama series Sybil, in which the title character, suffering from psychiatric problems stemming from child abuse, seeks refuge in her therapist's "big chair." For those of you who missed it, Sybil was based on the controversial book about a woman who was supposed to have had 16 different personalities. The TV series was pretty much the campiest, most-over-the-top portrayal of mother-daughter dysfunction since Mommie Dearest. Orzabal and Smith stated that they based this title choice solely on the concept that the songs on the album were so varied, that they all had different personalities all their own.

The song "Broken" precedes this song on the album, and is played both before and after this song in concerts, as it was originally composed as a segue into "Broken."

There are two versions of this song out there. The shorter version ends on a cold stop. The longer version is known as the "preacher version," because it opens with Roland Orzabal reciting the lyrics from their song "I Believe" as if delivering a sermon.

Ripe for parody, in 2008 a "literal" version appeared on YouTube which contains dubbed lyrics that poke fun at the video's visuals. See that here.

The song featured in the 2001 movie Donnie Darko during a scene where a camera flies around the school. Director Richard Kelly said on the DVD commentary that the scene in which the tune was used was written and choreographed specifically with the song in mind.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
I think we did. I don't think I've ever missed on of his shows at the House of Blues. You need to get your ass back down here some time.

For sure. I might try to convince my brother to go to the Tampon game this year

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
If you ever get depressed - crank this song up to ten, listen closely to the words and you will feel better in no time. Saw this band at a Bill Graham all-night New Year's Eve show at Winterland in SF around 1970. Sons of Champlin - 'Freedom'

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
This is one of my ALL Time favorite live versions of a song. Third World is just fucking awesome,,, and Stephen Cat Coore is a Maestro on the guitar in this... RASTAFARI

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
He has a little bit of a Carlos Santana vibe going on there. Very cool!

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
That's another thing. What is with waking up with tunes that we haven't heard in years and possibly don't even like? The other morning the first thing my brain started playing after waking up was that awful Melanie song "Brand New Key." I really hate that song and it took me an hour of blasting AC/DC to get it out of my head. Lousy brain! :eek:
I gotta a brand new pair of rollerskates if you still have that new key? We should put them together and try em out and see.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I gotta a brand new pair of rollerskates if you still have that new key? We should put them together and try em out and see.

Trying to make me crazy again eh? :X3: Love UFO and Michael Shenker. "Misty green and blue, love to love to love you."

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Trying to make me crazy again eh? :X3: Love UFO and Michael Shenker. "Misty green and blue, love to love to love you."
I just saw him here in LA he is as good as it gets to me, so tasty and he sounded and played great. I sure hope he has figured it out and is sober now. The road is a hard place to be drinking and using.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Great read,
Thanks I can't get enough of M.S He has been my favorite guitarist for close to 30 years and I have seen him play in several different incarnations of his solo band as well as UFO.
If you get a chance to see him on this tour it is really good he plays MSG UFO and Scorpions stuff.

Have never seen him but still remember the first time I heard his solo on 'Love To Love.' Absolutely thrilling. Yeah the booze and drugs messed up his career off and on but it sounds like he still has that spark.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Johnny Winter - 'I Love Everybody.'

Johnny at his prime on slide guitar. Starting out I had a guitar teacher who was obsessed with him and made me listen to this over and over until I got it right.