LEGEND Your Song of the Day

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

We used to have a crazy morning radio show down here in FL called Ron & Ron. They remade this song for their game called "Who's Lactating". It was a game were you had to guess who was pregnant. Imagine this song with the words "who's that lady" replaced with "who's lactating". They did it up pretty good too... the song sounded authentic. Funny shit.

RedRam

Pro Bowler

Boy, did these bring back some memories! I was a big UFO fan back in the day. I met, accidentally, Michael Schenker briefly after a show at the Lodi Grape Festival (Yeah, really. Grape Festival) in '78 Schenker was saying something, about "wanting a beer" and such, in German to somebody and I picked up some of it and laughed as I was walking by through a crowd of people. Schenker says, "Sprechen Sie Deutsch?" I just said, "Ein kleines bisschen. (A little bit)" Schenker goes off on some monologue in German and totally lost me. I think it was soon after their next show at Stanford is when he left the band. I remember bumming about that.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

While in some ways the least talented Beatle, I think without him they wouldn't have been near as popular. Lennon was a great song writer, but frankly an asshole in real life - and fans can spot that. McCartney is an egotist - he underpays his bands since the Beatles because he's the star. A great songwriter, but the rest of his bands deserve respect too. Harrison was a better songwriter than many classic bands had, but hated the spotlight. Ringo was a good drummer (who hated solos - had to be pressured to finally perform one on "The End") but he was a guy who always looked like he was having fun, and who enjoyed the audience. What he hated was the fighting in the studio, and McCartney mistakenly thinking he could do everything better. Not a surprise that Ringo's '70s hit catalogue rivaled every other Beatle.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Yeaaaaahhh! \m/
[GALLERY=media, 158]Grand Funk Railroad - Inside Looking Out 1969 - YouTube by BatteringRambo posted Aug 5, 2016 at 12:31 AM[/GALLERY]

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Dirty Heads just made this song cool(er). For those of you who have not seen Live at Darryl's House, check it out. A lot of incredible artists have rolled through there.....

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Here's another couple great ones fro Darryl's House.....

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Some may not know this but my favorite Steely Dan song, "Deacon Blues" was named after the Rams Deacon Jones because they liked his name.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/how-steely-dan-created-deacon-blues-1441727645

Donald Fagen: When Walter (Becker) came over, we started on the music, then started filling in more lyrics to fit the story. At that time, there had been a lineman with the Los Angeles Rams and the San Diego Chargers, Deacon Jones. We weren’t serious football fans, but Deacon Jones’s name was in the news a lot in the 1960s and early ‘70s, and we liked how it sounded. It also had two syllables, which was convenient, like “Crimson.” The name had nothing to do with Wake Forest’s Demon Deacons or any other team with a losing record. The only Deacon I was familiar with in football at the time was Deacon Jones."

Their manager at the time, Irving Azoff, was a Rams fanatic.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yykSHeVXD8I