Your Santa story.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
So I thought I would start a Santa thread, something to get our minds off all the other crap going on. I'll start with my story. Some of this I learned later, some is from what I remember.

It was around 1966, Christmas Eve. My father really had not worked much in the past year going from job to job while taking electronic classes at night to learn how to fix TV's. Money was tight. My mother always made Christmas good for me and my 5 sisters at the time (Sister 6 would come in 69). So as kids we didn't know what we didn't know. That Christmas was going to be sparse that year. Anyway, back to Christmas eve. It was snowing, about 5:30 in the evening, and in WI that means it was dark. the doorbell rang and one of my older sisters opened the door and in walked Santa. Not just any Santa. Santa. He was just like the story said. Blue eyes, Real leather belt, and boots, real fur on a real red jacket. Real beard, and the laugh. Now, he knew all of our names, our teachers, what grade we were in, how old we were. Everything. And he pulled two things out of his bag for each of us. One of those fake stockings that were made of 1/4 in square mesh and a hand wrapped present. As he left he got into a 1955 Chevy. Yeah, I know, not a sleigh. But here's the rub. He hit 4 houses on our street that year. All 4 were families in need. And no one, absolutely no one knew who he was. He also hit two of my cousin's houses. Here we are 54 years later and no one has ever been able to discover who he was, so to me, he was and is the "real Santa". My mother and I discussed him over the years and she told me that his suit was impeccable. Not some cheap homemade suit, but a real dyed red wool suit.

So, you say there is no such thing as Santa? I say there is. I meet him for real.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
So I thought I would start a Santa thread, something to get our minds off all the other crap going on. I'll start with my story. Some of this I learned later, some is from what I remember.

It was around 1966, Christmas Eve. My father really had not worked much in the past year going from job to job while taking electronic classes at night to learn how to fix TV's. Money was tight. My mother always made Christmas good for me and my 5 sisters at the time (Sister 6 would come in 69). So as kids we didn't know what we didn't know. That Christmas was going to be sparse that year. Anyway, back to Christmas eve. It was snowing, about 5:30 in the evening, and in WI that means it was dark. the doorbell rang and one of my older sisters opened the door and in walked Santa. Not just any Santa. Santa. He was just like the story said. Blue eyes, Real leather belt, and boots, real fur on a real red jacket. Real beard, and the laugh. Now, he knew all of our names, our teachers, what grade we were in, how old we were. Everything. And he pulled two things out of his bag for each of us. One of those fake stockings that were made of 1/4 in square mesh and a hand wrapped present. As he left he got into a 1955 Chevy. Yeah, I know, not a sleigh. But here's the rub. He hit 4 houses on our street that year. All 4 were families in need. And no one, absolutely no one knew who he was. He also hit two of my cousin's houses. Here we are 54 years later and no one has ever been able to discover who he was, so to me, he was and is the "real Santa". My mother and I discussed him over the years and she told me that his suit was impeccable. Not some cheap homemade suit, but a real dyed red wool suit.

So, you say there is no such thing as Santa? I say there is. I meet him for real.

If not Santa, that’s the spirit of Santa in that person. Awesome.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
If not Santa, that’s the spirit of Santa in that person. Awesome.
Yes it is ,I 've given a bunch, but I know 100 percent more people have made it done more than I.

Red Cross worker a Pasture, Marine, someone in the Church and on it goes.

There's so many Great Folks that Gave Back. Imho.

I gave away a good amount, etc etc and live on a Very Very limited amount now, But If I see a kid gonna do what's needed

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
My Santa moment always involves the cookie. Yes, my folks make a Santa cookie every year, and until recently, it had Red Hots on for the hat. Nobody in our family except my dad likes Red Hots. Until I learned the truth, I was thankful that the hat was gone. Every. Single. Year.

I know, not a good story, but it's interesting to me.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Awesome. Just awesome.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Doesn't compare to yours but one year, my boys were I think 4 and 6. They were questioning Santa as so many kids were saying he didn't exist.

My parents had sleigh bells they rang every year.

Welp... Kids finally fell asleep waiting and guarding the cookies and milk. I took a bite of cookie, a big gulp of milk, got up on the roof, yelled HO HO HO - On Donner.... Tromped along the roof while ringing the bells, right as a plane flew over with the red light flashing as they threw open the sliding door.

My youngest swore for years that not only did he see Santa climb into his sleigh but also Rudolph as he led the pack.

In a way I wanted to tell him but he was so excited by what he'd "seen". I couldn't do it until he was a non-believer.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John

Love this story. Thank you for sharing.

Since I have always believed in Santa Claus, I have always been given a gift from the Jolly one every year. Without exception.

Santa is very real to me.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone

Raptor man Great Post.

Now let Us be Santa for the Kids.

Toys for Tots really really needs help this year.

Let's Show the Kids who we Really Are.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@Raptorman Thank you for sharing that story. It was awesome. Did you guys ever think he was a Principal or a preacher? Those two would definitely know the information he did.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I grew up pretty poor. Both parents were deaf. My mother had MS and never worked. My father worked at a dry cleaner pressing clothes for not much more than minimum wage. He did that same job for 40 years. Hiring handicap wasn't politically correct back then.

Anyway, for about 5 years in a row, every Christmas morning we'd hear a knock on the door. I opened the door and saw this car speeding off. Looked like a Mustang. No one I knew had a car like that. On the porch there was this big box with a turkey in it. There were other things like stuffing, potatoes, stuff for dessert. I remember there was always Jiffy Pop in the box.

To this day I have no idea who the people were but we appreciated having a nice Christmas dinner. The usual plan was for something with ground beef and lemon meringue pie. Growing up, those were the only years I ever had turkey for the holidays. Chicken and dumplings were our normal Thanksgiving dinner. So Christmas dinner was always special for those 5 years.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@Raptorman Thank you for sharing that story. It was awesome. Did you guys ever think he was a Principal or a preacher? Those two would definitely know the information he did.
No, because other relatives he visited were in different school zones. And, he didn't just visit our family on the block or theirs. It was all in all, very interesting.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I grew up pretty poor. Both parents were deaf. My mother had MS and never worked. My father worked at a dry cleaner pressing clothes for not much more than minimum wage. He did that same job for 40 years. Hiring handicap wasn't politically correct back then.

Anyway, for about 5 years in a row, every Christmas morning we'd hear a knock on the door. I opened the door and saw this car speeding off. Looked like a Mustang. No one I knew had a car like that. On the porch there was this big box with a turkey in it. There were other things like stuffing, potatoes, stuff for dessert. I remember there was always Jiffy Pop in the box.

To this day I have no idea who the people were but we appreciated having a nice Christmas dinner. The usual plan was for something with ground beef and lemon meringue pie. Growing up, those were the only years I ever had turkey for the holidays. Chicken and dumplings were our normal Thanksgiving dinner. So Christmas dinner was always special for those 5 years.
And my bet is that you have no problem helping people who are really in need.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame

Chicken and dumplings for Christmas is one of our traditions too. I need my dad to show me how to make them do I can do it for my family and take that burden off of him.