Your Most Improved Ram?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
From OTA"s to TC and 2 pre-season games, who's play impresses you the most compared to last year? I had a discussion with some Rams bros over a couple pitchers and everyone had a different impression. For me its a toss up between GRob and Tim Barnes. After 2 pre-season games, Rams OL is light years better than last year and GRob is finally holding his own in pass pro and a mauler in run blocking. Barnes has definitely benefitted from the strength and conditioning program of the off season.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I wouldn't say hes the most improved because he was already awesome last year but Gurley looks so much quicker and faster than he did last year. He is gonna be deadly this year behind an improved Oline.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I gotta say its Malcolm Brown
dude finally looks looking like a beast we've been awaiting to see here in Austin for the last 6 years

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Mannion and Benny for me. Benny looks like he could be the #1 back on a lot of teams.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Agreed on Barnes, Gurley, And Benny for sure.

"Regression" wise, if you will (may be due to preseason vanilla scheme or rustiness):

Tru: see him getting burned a few times in limited time
McDonald: great close to the line but susceptible in coverage
Grob: I watched him again in the Cowboys game and he looked great but watching Kc game he seems to be out of position and overextending on quicker ends.

Don't get me wrong, its still VERY early and of course its preseason scheming, but those are my observations thus far. I fully expect for these three to step up and be huge for us, they have the potential and capabilities. Not at all though being harsh on them, I have no doubt they will step up.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
That's tough. Grob has looked pretty darn good. Benny has looked good but he's been one of the best UDFA's we've ever had. Mannion sure looks leaps and bounds ahead of last year.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
The line looks better, so the backs look great...the best back has been Malcolm Brown...the best lineman...none other than Greg Robinson....G-Rab my ass!!!!!

images

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
As far as " Most Improved!" It has to be Malcom Brown, hands down!!(y):D

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I will await the regular season, however, at this time after the first two preseason games all I can post is this:

And here's to you, Mrs. Robinson
Jesus loves you more than you will know
Wo wo wo
God bless you, please, Mrs. Robinson
Heaven holds a place for those who pray
Hey hey hey, hey hey hey

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
Benny has always been better than most give him credit for being. Longacre is our most underrated DLineman. Wichmann has really developed from last year. But GRob's improvement has been both noticeable and important. Unfortunately, he hasn't really been tested by a top DE in pre season games and by all accounts...he still struggles with speed rushers in practice and NOT ONLY against Quinn.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Benny has always been better than most give him credit for being. Longacre is our most underrated DLineman. Wichmann has really developed from last year. But GRob's improvement has been both noticeable and important. Unfortunately, he hasn't really been tested by a top DE in pre season games and by all accounts...he still struggles with speed rushers in practice and NOT ONLY against Quinn.
We'll see how far GRob has come this week-end against Von Miller and the Bronco "D"!(y);)

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
From OTA"s to TC and 2 pre-season games, who's play impresses you the most compared to last year? I had a discussion with some Rams bros over a couple pitchers and everyone had a different impression. For me its a toss up between GRob and Tim Barnes. After 2 pre-season games, Rams OL is light years better than last year and GRob is finally holding his own in pass pro and a mauler in run blocking. Barnes has definitely benefitted from the strength and conditioning program of the off season.

Defense- DE Matt Longacre
Offense- OC Tim Barnes

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I'm kinda surprised that nobody mentioned Case Keenum.

His improvement from that last Niner game in '15 is light years. Jaw dropping improvement.

Having said that, there are a ton of other players that have dramatically improved year over year.

I'm liking the trajectory of this roster's talent level. And I mean a LOT!