Your favorite Ram picture ever

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Lawrence-Phillips-1996-Draft.jpg
Reported.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I remember how happy I was when I got this in the mail back in the day...

sports2.jpg

My fave too. I liked it enough that I got a large print from ESPN The Magazine (you can buy the covers from them) that is produced on film like paper and had it framed with high end stuff, like museum quality matte and glass, solid oak frame.

Not everyone knows the story behind Proehl being in it or the jersey switching.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Sierra already posted it, but I love this angle. One of the most amazing plays Ive ever seen at such a critical point in any game. Maybe the only exception being David Tyree's catch.

RickyProehl2_display_image.jpg

I got Ricky to autograph this photo at training camp 2000.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
My fave too. I liked it enough that I got a large print from ESPN The Magazine (you can buy the covers from them) that is produced on film like paper and had it framed with high end stuff, like museum quality matte and glass, solid oak frame.

Not everyone knows the story behind Proehl being in it or the jersey switching.

Very cool.
I know the story, but you should tell it for those who don't.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Very cool.
I know the story, but you should tell it for those who don't.

Good point.

Originally they were only going to include Warner, Faulk, Az, Holt and Bruce, but they all refused to do the photo shoot unless Proehl was included. I thought it was very cool of them to do that and I'm guessing he had to feel really good about their being adamant he be in the cover shot.

The unis being switched was started by Faulk who said he wanted to wear Warners uni, then the guys started swapping and that why they all have the "wrong" numbers. To me it gives the cover a really different vibe than had they worn their own jerseys.

Someone mentioned years ago that it was Faulks idea to crouch down in the front. I don't know about that or if it's true.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Good point.

Originally they were only going to include Warner, Faulk, Az, Holt and Bruce, but they all refused to do the photo shoot unless Proehl was included. I thought it was very cool of them to do that and I'm guessing he had to feel really good about their being adamant he be in the cover shot.

The unis being switched was started by Faulk who said he wanted to wear Warners uni, then the guys started swapping and that why they all have the "wrong" numbers. To me it gives the cover a really different vibe than had they worn their own jerseys.

Someone mentioned years ago that it was Faulks idea to crouch down in the front. I don't know about that or if it's true.

Wow. I never heard that story!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Kennison had three pretty good years as a punt returner, some may forget.
Avg 14.6, 7.3 and 10.4 respectively with 3 TD's.

My first ever live attended Rams game:
Was in '96 at Sun Devil stadium vs the Cardinals when then rookie Eddie caught a TD pass and returned one of those punts 66 yards for a TD.
Bruce caught 2 TD's that day. Tony Banks had a rare good day too with 3 TD's to only 1 INT.
L.Phillips sucked.
Cards won it 31-28 in OT.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Wow. I never heard that story!

The article was excellent and illustrated how the Rams just didn't care what defense they were playing or what that teams strengths were, they were going to do what they wanted to do and you better adjust or get destroyed.

The writer noted that on plays they drew up they didn't even bother to put in the X's, just the O's that represent the offense.

If you can find it online it'll be a really nice trip down memory lane. I wish I still had the issue and the SI that I bought that Boffo started the thread with.

I think I paid about 30 bucks for the picture and it is on film so it was worth the price. It's much larger than the cover, it measures 22" x 28". It's back home in Ohio and when I finally get myself back up there to get more of my personal stuff it's coming back to Florida with me.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Kennison had three pretty good years as a punt returner, some may forget.
Avg 14.6, 7.3 and 10.4 respectively with 3 TD's.

My first ever live attended Rams game:
Was in '96 at Sun Devil stadium vs the Cardinals when then rookie Eddie caught a TD pass and returned one of those punts 66 yards for a TD.
Bruce caught 2 TD's that day. Tony Banks had a rare good day too with 3 TD's to only 1 INT.
L.Phillips sucked.
Cards won it 31-28 in OT.
I caught him 2 years later in Miami. 4 punt returns for 15 yards, 2 targets for 0 catches (though he did have a 60-something yard PR that was negated by penalty)

Tony Banks sucked ass that game, and we were in that Holcombe/Lee/Henley/Moore/Hill rotation of RBs, so that sucked too.

Good times.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I caught him 2 years later in Miami. 4 punt returns for 15 yards, 2 targets for 0 catches (though he did have a 60-something yard PR that was negated by penalty)

Tony Banks sucked ass that game, and we were in that Holcombe/Lee/Henley/Moore/Hill rotation of RBs, so that sucked too.

Good times.

Good fooking thing that Sunday Ticket wasn't around then right.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

Good times.
Bummer, To be honest my first game wasn't all that either. Rams were up 28-14 at the start of the 4th qtr and i was yapping it up on all the Cardinals fans.
Then AZ scored 17 unanswered points to win it. Rams couldn't run the ball for shit.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Bummer, To be honest my first game wasn't all that either. Rams were up 28-14 at the start of the 4th qtr and i was yapping it up on all the Cardinals fans.
Then AZ scored 17 unanswered points to win it. Rams couldn't run the ball for crap.
Also good times.

Yay history.