Your Favorite Albums Of All Time

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
Wow lots of Robin Trower Fans, love it
Montrose : Montrose
Boston
Rush: 2112
Stones: Some Girls
Zepplin: Physical Graffiti
Pink Floyd: Animals
Styx: Grand Illusion
to name a few

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
No throw down necessary! :LOL:

It wasn't that I didn't like it, but compared to what Lake and Emerson (especially Emerson) did on that album, Palmer kind of paled in comparison.

HUGE ELP fan growing up... Tull too.

Palmer story... actually met the man and shook his hand.

My son was in percussion in middle school. His Music Director's ife (who ran percussion) was a huge Palmer fan and told him that he (Palmer) was going to do a clinic at a local music store.
the man... doing a clinic for about 15 people. It was amazing! With that small a crowd, he took some time to talk to us and sign autographs (my son still has the magazine with his signature).

So, no disrepect to Mr. Palmer intended... still think he is the most talented drummer to have ever played (rock).

In fact, I believe Emerson and Palmer were the most talented (pure talent... you may not have liked the material but there is no denying the talent) musicians of their era.

ELP is my favorite band.

There is more ELP on my devices than any other artist.

You're right all three are WAY more skilled than most people can even grasp.

Have you seen this before?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I liked Carl Palmer too but he didn't make the cut here FWIW. Neither did Bill Bruford though which is silly. Ringo starr shouldn't be on this list either. The whole bracket is whack!

As for me(a drummer myself) I can't argue with Peart. In fact, if we were talking about rock drummers specifically, i'd argue all day against anyone other than Peart. Maybe if Bonham and Moon had lasted longer...eh i still don't think it would've mattered. :)
drummers-final-2.jpg

http://consequenceofsound.net/2014/05/neil-peart-is-the-greatest-drummer-of-all-time/

Peart and Palmer are neck and neck kinda.

Some of the names in that bracket.......jeez seriously?

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
In no particular order other than by band I couldn't live with out these albums.

Brand New- The devil and God are raging inside me.

Brand New- Deja Entendu

Kid Cudi- The man on the moon

Kid Cudi- the man on the moon 2

Grieves - together/apart

Deftones- white pony

Thrice- the artist in the ambulance

Motion city soundtrack- commit this to memory

Armor for sleep- What to do when you are dead

Emarosa- self titled

Finch- what it is to burn

Emery- the weak's end

Emery- I'm only a man

Dance Gavin Dance- self titled

Dance Gavin dance- down town battle mountain 2

A lot like birds - conversation pieace

A lot like birds- no place

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
In no particular order other than by band I couldn't live with out these albums.

Brand New- Deja Entendu

Grieves - together/apart

Deftones- white pony

Emarosa- self titled

Emery- the weak's end

Emery- I'm only a man

Dude haven't heard one band in that list (aside the Deftones :)
- gonna listen to Emery first then move on to Kid Cudi

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Dude haven't heard one band in that list (aside the Deftones :)
- gonna listen to Emery first then move on to Kid Cudi

Haha I get that that a lot. Deftones are one of my all time favorites. Forgot to put around the fur on there as well. Not saying they are the same style or on the same level but most of these bands have the singing and screaming combo like them with a mostly heavy sound. Chino is featured on a awesome dance Gavin dance song called Caviar. If you're checking out Emery I recommend Walls( starts loud) rock-n-rule and after the devil beats his wife (not as dark as it sounds). Kid Cudi is hip hop but done different. His songs aren't your typical money, cars, and gangs crud. I suggest soundtrack to my life, the pursuit of happiness, revofev, mr rager and ghost. Brand new would be my favorite band on the list though. I listen to their albums start to finish all the time.

Also I gotta add Underoath - define the great line (real heavy) to my list.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Agree with you. Outdoors is awesome. I seen him with crazy horse in Camden nj. And with CSNY in Camden also. Wow. If it wasn't for Dylan , Neil would def. Be my favorite. t for songwriting and delivering a message in a song. Dylan is king in my opinion.
Love Dylan's music but I saw him in concert when he was touring with Tom Petty and he was not only awful but he was so drunk he was even less coherent than usual. Hopefully it was just a bad night for him. At least Petty was great.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Thought of another one I absolutely loved since I was about 10. Pure Prairie League - Takin the Stage.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ELP is my favorite band.

There is more ELP on my devices than any other artist.

You're right all three are WAY more skilled than most people can even grasp.

Have you seen this before?

Not sure I have... thanks.

But, like I said, I saw him in a very intimate setting and he was still fairly young (it was probably 20 years ago now, so Palmer was probably around 45 or so then). Unique opportunity I am very glad presented itself!

One of my best rock concert summers:
* Led Zeppelin
* Pink Floyd
* ELP - Works tour.

All were at Madison Square Garden in NY... I believe it was 1978. All in the span of like 2 months!

Anyway, it was one of the first stops on that Works tour where they still had an entire orchestra traveleing with the band. Each member of the orchestra was wired separately... and it was LOUD (the loudest concert I think I've ever been to and I've been to a lot). I think they made it for a few months with the orchestra, then ran out of money. Wikipedia says they lost 3 million dollars trying to tour with an orchestra. Regardless, it was the most spectacular concert I've ever been to.

Last time I saw Palmer was about 2 years ago when Asia was touring. He was 63 or so then and still had an amazing amount of energy.

Of course, I have quite a few DVDs of the band.

I get it that trying to rate musicians is totally subjective... kinda like trying to rate some athletes... our human emotion gets in the way. :)

But, at least for me.... having seen a lot of bands and concerts, Palmer stands atop the drummer list in Rock.

One last note... my son, who prompted us to see Palmer at the clinic, always stood beside me in regard to whether he was the best... until... he saw Carter Beauford (Dave Matthews Band).
While not as "extravagant" as Palmer, my son says that he's the best he's ever seem from a pure technical standpoint.

To all... sorry if I derailed the thread. Interesting stuff... at least to me. :)

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
Saw them around 76 in San Jose, CA. Ronnie Montrose opened for them. And yes, it was an awesome show.

Just turned 64 on Feb. 4th.
I am 52. Never seen Montrose or Sammy but am a big fan of there music.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I am 52. Never seen Montrose or Sammy but am a big fan of there music.

Your screen name reminds me of 1970 when my roommate John and I were attending classes at San Jose State. There was never parking near the campus so we had to walk a long ways after parking on the side streets.

Apparently one day we parked in a place that this guy thought belonged solely to him. He left us a nasty, threatening note on the windshield of our car. It began with "Hey man!!!" Those two words were peppered throughout this long note along with "dumbasses" and "I'll kick your ass, etc."

We eventually settled up with the guy who turned out to be your average looking hippie. My roommate was 6' 4" so the guy quickly came to his senses. After that we of course only referred to him as "Hey Man." Hope it wasn't you. :)

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Not sure I have... thanks.

But, like I said, I saw him in a very intimate setting and he was still fairly young (it was probably 20 years ago now, so Palmer was probably around 45 or so then). Unique opportunity I am very glad presented itself!

One of my best rock concert summers:
* Led Zeppelin
* Pink Floyd
* ELP - Works tour.

All were at Madison Square Garden in NY... I believe it was 1978. All in the span of like 2 months!

Anyway, it was one of the first stops on that Works tour where they still had an entire orchestra traveleing with the band. Each member of the orchestra was wired separately... and it was LOUD (the loudest concert I think I've ever been to and I've been to a lot). I think they made it for a few months with the orchestra, then ran out of money. Wikipedia says they lost 3 million dollars trying to tour with an orchestra. Regardless, it was the most spectacular concert I've ever been to.

Last time I saw Palmer was about 2 years ago when Asia was touring. He was 63 or so then and still had an amazing amount of energy.

Of course, I have quite a few DVDs of the band.

I get it that trying to rate musicians is totally subjective... kinda like trying to rate some athletes... our human emotion gets in the way. :)

But, at least for me.... having seen a lot of bands and concerts, Palmer stands atop the drummer list in Rock.

One last note... my son, who prompted us to see Palmer at the clinic, always stood beside me in regard to whether he was the best... until... he saw Carter Beauford (Dave Matthews Band).
While not as "extravagant" as Palmer, my son says that he's the best he's ever seem from a pure technical standpoint.

To all... sorry if I derailed the thread. Interesting stuff... at least to me. :)

Ef them ALL Rmfnlt, we are hijacking this thread.

I saw the Works tour in San Francisco in the summer of 1979, man time flies. They had already shed the orchestra because the losses were piling up.

Interesting side not. The opening band.

The announcer steps up to the mic and says that the opening band will be "San Francisco's very own Journey". A little bit of applause. I got home at the end of the summer and I swear by Christmas everyone seemed to have a Journey tape in their car.

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
Your screen name reminds me of 1970 when my roommate John and I were attending classes at San Jose State. There was never parking near the campus so we had to walk a long ways after parking on the side streets.

Apparently one day we parked in a place that this guy thought belonged solely to him. He left us a nasty, threatening note on the windshield of our car. It began with "Hey man!!!" Those two words were peppered throughout this long note along with "dumbasses" and "I'll kick your ass, etc."

We eventually settled up with the guy who turned out to be your average looking hippie. My roommate was 6' 4" so the guy quickly came to his senses. After that we of course only referred to him as "Hey Man." Hope it wasn't you. :)
No wasn't me, nice story . Never been to the west coast. I am from southeastern Pennsylvania. Philly burbs, currently central Pa is were I was raised.
1970 I was 8

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
No wasn't me, nice story . Never been to the west coast. I am from southeastern Pennsylvania. Philly burbs, currently central Pa is were I was raised.
1970 I was 8

Yeah, didn't think for a moment that was you, lol. It's a funny thing about the memory as we get older, the recent events don't seem to stick in the mind while the ridiculous events from long ago seem like they happened today.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
To pick Just One Album;
RUMORS - Fleetwood Mac!!
This is an all time Classic!!

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny

Brand New- Deja Entendu

Grieves - together/apart

Deftones- white pony

Emarosa- self titled

Emery- the weak's end

Emery- I'm only a man

Some pretty killer tunes on there.
Absolutely love Brand New, sadly did not enjoy them live all that much.
Deftones is amazing, my favorite might be Self-Titled though.
Thrice is just...amazing. They should have become huge and I'll never understand why they didn't.
And that you've got Armor For Sleep on that list?!!!!!

th

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Some pretty killer tunes on there.
Absolutely love Brand New, sadly did not enjoy them live all that much.
Deftones is amazing, my favorite might be Self-Titled though.
Thrice is just...amazing. They should have become huge and I'll never understand why they didn't.
And that you've got Armor For Sleep on that list?!!!!!

th

Yeah we are going to have to go do some Kung Fu in the garage (step brothers is amazing)!!! I've seen Brand new twice and both times they were amazing both times. Really sorry they had a off night when you saw them. Deftones live was also amazing, saw them and Thrice (also great live) the same night. No idea on how Thrice wasn't bigger than they were. It kills me that Armor for sleep is the only band on my favorite list I never got to see live. Funny story I bought what to do when you are dead randomly because I liked the cd cover and band name at the same time I bought Adrenaline by Deftones. Best random cd purchase ever.

RmsLegends

Rookie
Not sure if this one has been said or not yet as I confess I have not gone and read all the replies as of yet. My fav would have to be Def Leppards Pyromania as very seldom do I ever find a album I like each and every song on and I did like every song on Pyromania. Not to mention every song has a memory from my teenage years for me like we got drunk at the lake and so and so puked while this song was on or I kissed or went further with this gal while this song was playing........LOL

My next fav would have to be the Eagles greatest hits as that was my make out album in my early 20's and the album my ex made me get rid of when she found out many gals before her got made out with to it before she came along......LOL

Hey Man

Starter
Name
Hey Man
Yeah, didn't think for a moment that was you, lol. It's a funny thing about the memory as we get older, the recent events don't seem to stick in the mind while the ridiculous events from long ago seem like they happened today.
Ya like today I told my wife something Mick Jagger said on stage in 78 before he sang" Miss You" and she said what did I wear last night !:censored: Can you tell me what I wore last night ! (n)