You know what I think?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
That disastrous first half of the 3rd Preseason game, when 5 starters went down, forced Fisher to abandon his usual plan of getting 1st team reps in the 4th Preseason game, when they clearly needed them. The Oline was obviously not in sync today. Not against an actual NFL opponent.

All I'm saying is that there are reasons why the Oline played badly. One of them was lack of cohesion. They did play all of 1-1/2 quarters together in the PS.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I agree. The Oline was not good all day. They had a few good run blocks but they were letting Hill get pressured/sacked way too much. For the quality of the guys on the line, I must say they just didn't play well together...........and of course Roger got hurt too.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Yeah. It freaked a lot of people out
Including me
We definitely could have used the work.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah, that 4th preseason game bummed me out. I went to that and watched all the guys I wanted to see, hamming it up on the bench. I don't know if there's any validity to this statement, but I think if they turned their first team offense loose on that Dolphins 3rd string defense, the confidence might have been much higher going into today.

Or not. Just a thought.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Good point.
You know what is also a good point?...keeping a clean pocket for whoever our QB is, to operate, and execute.

And IF you can't do that...move the damn pocket.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
You know what is also a good point?...keeping a clean pocket for whoever our QB is, to operate, and execute.

That would require gameplanning. I am starting to think Schotty's game plan is just the same one with a different teams name at the top. Because it sure looks the same to me.

bigdog2834

UDFA
Name
Donnie
I think there is something to this. This game really had the feel of a 4th preseason game. It seemed like they were just trying different things and ideas out instead of having a game plan. The start of last season felt similar. I mean kicking a field goal at the end of the game? I guess he felt it was more important to get GZ some confidence versus giving the offense some more work. Very odd game.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
That disastrous first half of the 3rd Preseason game, when 5 starters went down, forced Fisher to abandon his usual plan of getting 1st team reps in the 4th Preseason game, when they clearly needed them. The Oline was obviously not in sync today. Not against an actual NFL opponent.

All I'm saying is that there are reasons why the Oline played badly. One of them was lack of cohesion. They did play all of 1-1/2 quarters together in the PS.
Yeah I posted the same thing ,look at Seattle they are playing in mid season form,now I don't know if the extra work would make some people hit a wall earlier in the season ,but I am in wholehearted agreement we didn't look ready.
Which brings me to another point I posted earlier about.

We keep hearing about play calling and how Shotty needs to go, I have always said a good play call is the one that works and the bad one is the one that doesn't and the greatest determinate of that is execution,.
If any of you watched the Denver -Indy game last night it was like two different games Denver could do no wrong during the first half and little right second half,they didn't change QB's or Offensive co-ordinators at half time ,what happened is Indy started executing and Denver quit executing they were dropping passes, Manning was overthrowing people.
If I have a problem with coaching it's not with their acumen ,it's that they didn't have the team ready to play or we're so damned young we are still "spilling milk" as Les Snead calls it. On that subject though I thought some of our younger players especially two rookies played very well,Aaron Donald lead all d-linemen in tackles, and Gains played well above what anyone expected a sixth round rookie to do,our safeties hammered AP repeatedly .
I don't think yesterday was "the shape of things to come" .
One more point ,I think we might have suffered from a little hubris yesterday,every fan and talking head who could get anyone to listen has been talking about our vaunted pass rush,how scary they WOULD MOST ASSUREDLY BE,I've whistled past that all pre season,ya gotta walk the walk if your gonna talk that talk,and we didn't in fact IMO all that talk has done is challenge our opponents to rise to the occaision and maybe made some people a little complacent.

ALL PROBLEMS WE CAN FIX as long as our starting QB is Shaun Hill,but if he's out for any time , I don't think their is a solution unless Brady throws a fit about Mankins being traded (oops he's hurt already) and demands to play for the Rams for vet minimum.

Whew lots to argue with here

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah I posted the same thing ,look at Seattle they are playing in mid season form,now I don't know if the extra work would make some people hit a wall earlier in the season ,but I am in wholehearted agreement we didn't look ready.
Pete the Cheat and his team were fined for OTA violations. Apparently, they got some extra contact when they shouldn't have. Makes you wonder what they were doing in training camp as well.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg

I like your comment is simple and to the point. (y)

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Pete the Cheat and his team were fined for OTA violations. Apparently, they got some extra contact when they shouldn't have. Makes you wonder what they were doing in training camp as well.
Handing out PED's maybe ?
Whadya think Goodel would do if the whole damned team of the Super Bowl Champs tested positive?