Xbox One vs. PS 4

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Hello. I was wondering if any of you have played both and which you prefer. I'm just about done with all of my PS 3 games and I'm ready to move onto the next generation of consoles.

I prefer action/adventure/roll playing games over first person shooters like Call of Duty. For instance my favorite game of all time is Elder Scrolls Skyrim, followed by Fallout series, Zelda, Last of Us, Uncharted, Assassin's creed (Enzio series), etc.

If anyone has any recommendations about which system to get, I'd appreciate it.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
Hmmm. I cant give an unbiased opinion because Ive only had playsation.
I know a lot of my european cousins are the same, Playstation is far more popular here than the Xbox.

Ps4 is decent :)

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I've had them both. Liked the Xbox better but as of now I'm so consumed with Destiny that I don't give a shit. Currently playing on PS4 billydontshoot is my name, add me anyone

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I've had them both. Liked the Xbox better but as of now I'm so consumed with Destiny that I don't give a crap. Currently playing on PS4 billydontshoot is my name, add me anyone

I might buy Destiny soon, I played the beta. It was pretty fun. too stuck on madden at the moment though. Psn name - Tctank420

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
OP - I personally prefer Playstation. You should look into the specs, features and exclusives for both. Good luck! :)

bluecoconuts

Legend
PS4 has the better hardware under the hood, and if you like those style of games better, due to Sony having a much better relationship with indie game developers, they get exclusives that tend to fall more under those categories, rather than more cookie cutter Call of Duty style games. You won't be able to get Uncharted or Last of Us on Xbox, I don't think Naughty Dog even makes games for anyone else.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I might buy Destiny soon, I played the beta. It was pretty fun. too stuck on madden at the moment though. Psn name - Tctank420

Destiny is amazing. I play with @rdlkgliders quite a bit. I play madden as well, but can only muster so much before Destiny starts callin.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Destiny is amazing. I play with @rdlkgliders quite a bit. I play madden as well, but can only muster so much before Destiny starts callin.
I have been playing with the guys in our clan quite a bit @El Juggernauto I love the game, My favorite game in years. Playing with others in the open environment is what separate's it from other games for me. I am having a blast and highly recommend it. get it on ps4 and hit up @El Juggernauto or me and lets do a strike or raid or?

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
The hardware debate is null. The games will never push beyond what the lesser one is capable of.

With the above being said; you will see slightly better graphics on PS4 exclusives, but that's it. As much as people want to push the resolution differences, it doesn't make that huge of a difference in gaming. Frames per second is a much bigger factor.

So here's my standard: If you like online gaming on FPS shooters, buy the Xbox (Gears of War, Halo, COD). If you are mostly a single player guy, and prefer the deeper storylines, buy the PS4.

ramsplaya16

The One and Only
The hardware debate is null. The games will never push beyond what the lesser one is capable of.

With the above being said; you will see slightly better graphics on PS4 exclusives, but that's it. As much as people want to push the resolution differences, it doesn't make that huge of a difference in gaming. Frames per second is a much bigger factor.

So here's my standard: If you like online gaming on FPS shooters, buy the Xbox (Gears of War, Halo, COD). If you are mostly a single player guy, and prefer the deeper storylines, buy the PS4.

i agree 10000000%

bluecoconuts

Legend

Thats not really the case anymore. It was with PS3/Xbox 360, but Shadow of Mordor and PES 2015 have both announced they will run 1080 on PS4 and 720 on Xbox One. I forget which company, but one of them essentially said they weren't going to dumb down their game. GTA V is confirmed for 1080 on PS4 as well, no word on what Xbox One will get.

However I agree, that's mostly pointless, unless graphics are that important to you. Its about the games you want to play, get the system that will give you the most enjoyment for the types of games you want to play.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Thats not really the case anymore. It was with PS3/Xbox 360, but Shadow of Mordor and PES 2015 have both announced they will run 1080 on PS4 and 720 on Xbox One. I forget which company, but one of them essentially said they weren't going to dumb down their game. GTA V is confirmed for 1080 on PS4 as well, no word on what Xbox One will get.

However I agree, that's mostly pointless, unless graphics are that important to you. Its about the games you want to play, get the system that will give you the most enjoyment for the types of games you want to play.

The point is that you won't notice it unless you are playing them side by side, and who is going to do that? In most cases, Frames per second are what dictate to your eyes how smooth game play is.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I believe Shadow of Mordor is also locked at 30 fps compared to 60 for PS4. Again though, it depends on what you want the system for.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks everyone. The question I have is if the prevailing thoughts are the same about the games. In other words, if you like playing alone, games with story, adventure type games to get the PS4 or not. If it's still the case I'll go with the PS4