WR's

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Watching these videos makes me sick. Sick that both Bailey and Austin have been under utilized. I still say Bailey is the #1 receiver. The guy may not be flashy but he gets the job done. The Rams offense needs to us Bailey again and Austin correctly. WV was not a fluke, see my signature. If that does not happen then the new OC and FISHER need to go bye bye, no excuses.

As far as RB's another totally under utilized player is Pead. The guy was just starting to finally be played and got hurt. Too bad cause he, barring another injury, is going to be a very good back NOT a KR. I want to see Mason, Pead, Stacey, Cunningham/Watts play consistently. Pead is very good out of the back field and blocking, Mason is just a very good back period. These guys all have their strengths. Let's see the OC use these guy separately and together with 2 back line ups. Let's see some F%#$@!# creativity. Not Austin up the middle three times in a row, not Austin to the sideline to catch a pass 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage with no blockers. I mean WTF was that all about.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sam Bradford thrived at Oklahoma in a hurry up no huddle offense... I don't know why we don't play to our offensive strengths...I don't get it and it's frustrating to watch.

Playing to your team's strengths > playing to your offense's strengths

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
Never been much of a coach blamer. We haven't picked offensive players who have hit the ground running. Everbody on the bailey bandwagon remember he was suspended first four games. Tavon hasnt been quick to learn the nfl game. Injuries on the ol have hinderd gr dlevelopement. And oh yea I almost forgot we havnt had an nfl quality qb for most of the last three years. We underutilized pead? That made me laugh. Last year our LT, #1 wide receiver, and starting qb were all injured for the season. I believe those are the three most integral offensive positions to the success of the offense. Sorry but shotty wasn't just stupid and incompetent. While I think going in a different direction with our OC is probably a good thing, if I rememmber there wasn't exactly a big line of candidates to take over this group. I hope everything comes together and some of these guys devellope but fisher and shotty aren't stupid and they have been running what the offense is capable of.

lockdnram21

Legend
Watching these videos makes me sick. Sick that both Bailey and Austin have been under utilized. I still say Bailey is the #1 receiver. The guy may not be flashy but he gets the job done. The Rams offense needs to us Bailey again and Austin correctly. WV was not a fluke, see my signature. If that does not happen then the new OC and FISHER need to go bye bye, no excuses.

As far as RB's another totally under utilized player is Pead. The guy was just starting to finally be played and got hurt. Too bad cause he, barring another injury, is going to be a very good back NOT a KR. I want to see Mason, Pead, Stacey, Cunningham/Watts play consistently. Pead is very good out of the back field and blocking, Mason is just a very good back period. These guys all have their strengths. Let's see the OC use these guy separately and together with 2 back line ups. Let's see some F%#$@!# creativity. Not Austin up the middle three times in a row, not Austin to the sideline to catch a pass 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage with no blockers. I mean WTF was that all about.
Quick and Britt are better then Bailey, he hasnt even caught a passing td in 2 seasons. As long as they are healthy he want get many snaps

ausmurp

Starter
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Anyone could go search and find videos like these of guys who just flat out busted in the NFL as well. There is a WR comparable to Sted Bailey on almost every top 15 college team, every season. Tavon not quite as much but still some. Some work out - Beckham Jr, Antonio Brown, Golden Taint, Percy Harvin (kinda), etc. Some don't - Tedd Ginn Jr, Desmond Howard, David Terrell, J.J. Stokes, Rashaun Woods, A. J. Jenkins, etc.

I personally am not sold as I have made known here. When guys like Mike Evans and Sammy Watkins can play for teams with just as bad or worse QB/OL situation as the Rams and get over 1000 yds receiving (Watkins was like 40 yds away but still), that tells me our WRs just don't cut it - they haven't since 2007. I'm pretty tired of it and really pray to the football gods Amari Cooper or Kevin White fall to us at 10, or we trade up and take one of them. We can go all OL the rest of the draft and in FA, but my god we need a top flight WR who can produce no matter what.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Anyone could go search and find videos like these of guys who just flat out busted in the NFL as well. There is a WR comparable to Sted Bailey on almost every top 15 college team, every season. Tavon not quite as much but still some. Some work out - Beckham Jr, Antonio Brown, Golden Taint, Percy Harvin (kinda), etc. Some don't - Tedd Ginn Jr, Desmond Howard, David Terrell, J.J. Stokes, Rashaun Woods, A. J. Jenkins, etc.

I personally am not sold as I have made known here. When guys like Mike Evans and Sammy Watkins can play for teams with just as bad or worse QB/OL situation as the Rams and get over 1000 yds receiving (Watkins was like 40 yds away but still), that tells me our WRs just don't cut it - they haven't since 2007. I'm pretty tired of it and really pray to the football gods Amari Cooper or Kevin White fall to us at 10, or we trade up and take one of them. We can go all OL the rest of the draft and in FA, but my god we need a top flight WR who can produce no matter what.

You are correct, you can find any videos of them, but I can argue that I've seen them do the same thing in the NFL.. JMO.

Guys like Evans and Watkins play on teams where they're fed the ball. Bailey, catches pretty much everything.. I've seen him drop 1 pass over the past 2 years.. Kid makes plays..

Tavon, I've seen what he can do with the ball.

So I think comparing them to NFL busts is a little premature.

You can blame me for being a homer, but I'd rather root for guys on my team then wished I had others. But that is just me.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You are correct, you can find any videos of them, but I can argue that I've seen them do the same thing in the NFL.. JMO.

Guys like Evans and Watkins play on teams where they're fed the ball. Bailey, catches pretty much everything.. I've seen him drop 1 pass over the past 2 years.. Kid makes plays..

Tavon, I've seen what he can do with the ball.

So I think comparing them to NFL busts is a little premature.

You can blame me for being a homer, but I'd rather root for guys on my team then wished I had others. But that is just me.

We're not wishing for guys on other teams, just acknowledging that our WR corps leaves A LOT to be desired. For as good as it was last year (best it's been since Holt/Bruce), it was still below league average...people are sick of giving Bradford excuses, I'm sick of giving the WRs excuses.

Could the guys develop on our team? Sure....but when your two starters (Quick and Britt) currently aren't under contract past next season, and those starters wouldn't start on more than half the NFL teams, WR is a NEED.

Quick and Britt are better then Bailey, he hasnt even caught a passing td in 2 seasons. As long as they are healthy he want get many snaps

I'm sure Bailey caught a TD against the Chargers, there was that one where he caught a pass around the back of a Chargers defender which was ruled out, but I thought he caught another one 2 plays later :confused:.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'm just stunned that some people here are already declaring G-Rob, Joyner, Austin, and Bailey busts. What in hell happened to giving wide receivers three years to mature? Demaryius Thomas needed three years. Roddy White needed three years. Vincent freaking Jackson needed four full years to even get to 1,000 yards. Even elite wide receivers like Megatron and Julio Jones didn't blow things up in their first two years. What in hell happened to giving players more than one season to show what they could do? Do any of the people who are calling them busts and mistakes remember Chris Long and Robert Quinn and how they fared at first? Remember how players like Michael Clayton (2004 Buccaneers first round pick) lit the world on fire, and everyone thought that they were going to be the next superstar players before they completely fell off of a cliff?

I'm just incredulous that some of you are so willing to just give up on a player and deride them before they've even matured. Let me guess: you would've given up on Pace, Ogden, Jones, and Roaf as well, right?

I mean, if Cooper and White just suddenly drop into our laps at #10, I'm not going to pass on them, but to claim that all of our receivers are gimmicks and busts and mistakes when none of the ones who are currently signed are older than twenty-five? When the elder statesman in Britt is still just twenty-six? That shit really doesn't fly with me.

SierraRam

Recreational User
Mostly PFF Grades and it just so happens that the majority of All-Pro Centers are highly rated PFF graded centers. We looked at several years of stats vs wins. We looked at every offensive lineman position. Center won out.

Yet, you have a solid point Jorge... All offensive linemen gain respect and notoriety in the playoffs.

What EE and I were trying to do was- See what stats coordinated with wins....Of the offensive line stats...Center seemed to have the biggest correlation with winning.

Yet, sis and I found out you only need an average offensive line to win...The biggest correlation with winning was found else where....

What I've leaned from this thread: @Ramsey, POST MORE OFTEN! Don't "Heidi" from us :ROFLMAO:

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
We're not wishing for guys on other teams, just acknowledging that our WR corps leaves A LOT to be desired. For as good as it was last year (best it's been since Holt/Bruce), it was still below league average...people are sick of giving Bradford excuses, I'm sick of giving the WRs excuses.

Could the guys develop on our team? Sure....but when your two starters (Quick and Britt) currently aren't under contract past next season, and those starters wouldn't start on more than half the NFL teams, WR is a NEED.

Let's agree to disagree.. I feel that we don't need anymore receivers, because I think they are all pretty good.. JMO, we need a line first and foremost.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There is a WR comparable to Sted Bailey on almost every top 15 college team, every season.

Somehow, I don't believe there's a WR comparable to a guy that had 1622 yards and 25 TDs in the Big 12 in his final year in college on almost every top 15 team.

I'd hesitate to say there's more than one "Stedman Bailey type" in college each year.

A55VA6

Legend
Is Tre mason for real or he is going to do a Stacy this year? what do you guys think?
Man, I like Tre Mason... but I'm just not sure that he's going to build off of last season. I just feel like Stacy or Cunningham or someone else is going to step up and get a lot more reps.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Actually Bailey is better and if the Rams had a competent OC it would have be blatantly obvious.

jap

Legend
Actually Bailey is better and if the Rams had a competent OC it would have be blatantly obvious.

They also need a QB strong enough and accurate enough to find Sted (and Tavon) anywhere they are on the field. In short, Sam needs to stay healthy.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I have to agree that I'm in the same camp that the Austin trade and pick was the worst of this regime. They really ought to cater to the strength of the drafts more, although I concede that they didn't always have a choice to simply take the BPA, which is why they traded up and down as much as they did.

Anyway, noone can be blamed more than Austin for his first season more than himself. He was a rookie and he wasn't yet ready for all of the targets Shottenheimer forced to him as a rookie. I do think he'll continue to improve, but I also fear that he is much more of a gadget player. Doesn't mean he won't be useful to the team. But I hated that trade when it happened and I still do :)

IMO, if they can keep Britt, Quick and Cook together and healthy for a year and improve the offensive line, they can make Sean Hill look like a star.

It's true, we've picked all over the place. We stayed with a shaky offensive line, drafted the LT of the future who's strength is run blocking, and went with a passing game. We've spent quite a few draft picks on running backs and passed more than ran this last season.

I really think injuries have forced this team to be flexible, but the drafting on offense has me scratching my head to say the least, because this team needs to pick a direction offensively and stick with it until they've found something they're good at. And I do believe that all starts with the offensive line.

jjab360

Legend
Somehow, I don't believe there's a WR comparable to a guy that had 1622 yards and 25 TDs in the Big 12 in his final year in college on almost every top 15 team.

I'd hesitate to say there's more than one "Stedman Bailey type" in college each year.
Thank you, I think it's fair to say that was a pretty ridiculous comment