WR's

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jap

Legend
You know I wouldn't cut Pead because he can catch a football. I think we go to camp with Stacy, Mason, Cunningham, Reynolds, and Watts. May the best 3 men win and unite as the Rams running back stable.

Pead can catch, pass block, and is the fastest RB on the team not named Tavon. They just need to see where his head is at. He seems like he was buying onto the program when he went down last pre-season.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I believe everything will come together this year..I have a lot of players growing up and a lot more talent now.. regardless of where they were drafted.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
Pead can catch, pass block, and is the fastest RB on the team not named Tavon. They just need to see where his head is at. He seems like he was buying onto the program when he went down last pre-season.

That's right Jap...Pead can do all those things, and for less than a million bucks we can see measure his head. Although we may now have A. Peterson or Murray...We are flush at running back...That's one position we don't need to draft...

May I digress? We need a top tier Center... I know Left Tackle is the Hollywood offensive line position, but Centers are the key to a winning NFL football team... I want Snisher to draft or sign the best free agent Center possible... My sister EE did a decade long study last year, and she found out that playoff and Super Bowl teams tend to have top 10 NFL Centers....

"Top 10 centers were more common on playoff and Super Bowl teams then any other top 10 offensive line position."

And, it made sense to me. Think about it...An All-Pro Center will make both guards better and an All-Pro Center will make awesome line calls.

As of today...The Rams are extremely weak at Center...And I don't think we will make the Playoffs in 2015 without a top 10 Center...Mark my words.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That's right Jap...Pead can do all those things, and for less than a million bucks we can see measure his head. Although we may now have A. Peterson or Murray...We are flush at running back...That's one position we don't need to draft...

May I digress? We need a top tier Center... I know Left Tackle is the Hollywood offensive line position, but Centers are the key to a winning NFL football team... I want Snisher to draft or sign the best free agent Center possible... My sister EE did a decade long study last year, and she found out that playoff and Super Bowl teams tend to have top 10 NFL Centers....

"Top 10 centers were more common on playoff and Super Bowl teams then any other top 10 offensive line position."

And, it made sense to me. Think about it...An All-Pro Center will make both guards better and an All-Pro Center will make awesome line calls.

As of today...The Rams are extremely weak at Center...And I don't think we will make the Playoffs in 2015 without a top 10 Center...Mark my words.

So we should go after the guy from the Raiders then, I heard he was pretty good. Wisnewski or something like that.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
So we should go after the guy from the Raiders then, I heard he was pretty good. Wisnewski or something like that.

YES!!! Whoever is the best offensive center out there...Go out and get him! By nook, crook or crannie, draft, nab a Free Agent, or even a trade! Trade Kendall Langford and a draft pick for a top notch Center. I don't care...Do something!

If the middle of our line sucks, how will Bradford and his bum biomechanical knee be able to step up into the pocket and toss TD bombs?

Instead, Enemy defenses will blitzkrieg Sam , and bend Bradford over, and fold Sam's faulty anterior cruciate ligament over like it was a paper airplane...

Last edited:

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"I must say, Dr. Hill, I'm VERY disappointed in you. You steal the secret of life and death, and here you are trysting with a bubble-headed coed. You're not even a second-rate scientist!"

Hey, I love your avatar...You Re-Animated Head! Your right about Tavon. Whereas the 2014 draft was the best wide receiver draft in years, the 2013 draft was the weakest wide receiver draft in years. The Rams front office need to learn to flow with the strength of the draft. Choose wide receivers when they are plentiful and do the same with every positional player. The Ram's went with the flow with Aaron Donald. Best available player! Jeff Fisher has an above average defensive IQ...But a below average offensive brain.

Hey Dr. Hill. That's your specialty...Brains and disembodied heads.

Da Rams had an under performing offense again last year, even though we started the 2014 season with two first picks overall in the draft" Sam Bradford and Jake Long" and Greg Robinson #2 pick in the draft. Tavon #8 pick. And numerous round 2 offensive picks like Brain Quick, Lance Kendricks, and Pead who have failed to pan out, especially if you compare them with their brethren on other NFL teams. I know Quick improved last year, before a season ending injury, but WR's like Alshon Jeffery was picked after Quick. And now, the Rams may end up cutting Pead and Jake Long.

When it comes to offensive players, Snisher seem to pick better with 3rd round players and beyond like Tre Mason and Bailey. Yes Bailey is a silver lining. But will it all add up to a winning season in 2015?
Just my theory...

After a more than lackluster offensive performance in 2012 (18.7 points per game), the Rams (Fisher?) decided it was time to open things up.
They drafted Austin, acquired Cook and Long and stated before the season began that they felt they had enough weapons to (quoting Schottenheimer) keep opposing defensive coordinators up at night.

Whether that was Fisher making that call or Fisher moving in that direction on Schottenheimer's urging, off they went.

After 4 games or so, it was clear things weren't working as planned and Fisher decided to become more basic in the approach. And Stacy emerged.

But the pieces had already been aquired... Austin, Cook, Long, Bailey, etc. What to do with these "pass-friendly" players now?

Well, due to Bradford going down in pre-season, we never found out if they intended to resurrect that plan or not in 2014.

Theory now...

Perhaps that's why Schottenheimer left? Perhaps he really wanted a more open passing attack and, knowing that the "experiment" was ditched after 4 games.... and Bradford's health a big question mark going into 2015...and knowing Fisher's general philosophy (more run heavy), perhaps he figured it was time to go?

So... we still have Austin... and Cook... and Long (maybe not) and Bailey... question now is: What will we do with them in 2015? Does the Cignetti move really change much? Can Bradford stay healthy? If not, who will be playing QB?

Seems a waste of sorts to have these guys but not fully utilize them... will they in 2015? It will be interesting to see how the offensive startegy changes (if it does) this year.

V3

Hall of Fame
Who was trading up? They tried with the Johnny Alcoholic smokescreen but nobody bit.

And with no grob the rams would be up crap Creek with no paddle.

The Rams were already up Shit Creek without a paddle when Sam went down.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Is Tre mason for real or he is going to do a Stacy this year? what do you guys think?
Like most things NFL, it depends on a lot of variables:
* What will the general offensive philosophy be? (pass to set up the run... run to set up the pass?)
* Will the Oline be fortified effectively?
* How stout are the run defenses for the Rams opponents in 2015? I have not looked, but - for example - if there are a lot of poor pass defenses, wouldn't that affect his ability to "shine"?

I like the kid... was glad when they drafted him and believe he can be the best RB on the roster. But, only time will tell.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
Just my theory...

After a more than lackluster offensive performance in 2012 (18.7 points per game), the Rams (Fisher?) decided it was time to open things up.
They drafted Austin, acquired Cook and Long and stated before the season began that they felt they had enough weapons to (quoting Schottenheimer) keep opposing defensive coordinators up at night.

Whether that was Fisher making that call or Fisher moving in that direction on Schottenheimer's urging, off they went.

After 4 games or so, it was clear things weren't working as planned and Fisher decided to become more basic in the approach. And Stacy emerged.

But the pieces had already been aquired... Austin, Cook, Long, Bailey, etc. What to do with these "pass-friendly" players now?

Well, due to Bradford going down in pre-season, we never found out if they intended to resurrect that plan or not in 2014.

Theory now...

Perhaps that's why Schottenheimer left? Perhaps he really wanted a more open passing attack and, knowing that the "experiment" was ditched after 4 games.... and Bradford's health a big question mark going into 2015...and knowing Fisher's general philosophy (more run heavy), perhaps he figured it was time to go?

So... we still have Austin... and Cook... and Long (maybe not) and Bailey... question now is: What will we do with them in 2015? Does the Cignetti move really change much? Can Bradford stay healthy? If not, who will be playing QB?

Seems a waste of sorts to have these guys but not fully utilize them... will they in 2015? It will be interesting to see how the offensive startegy changes (if it does) this year.

Well thought out! I like it... I like the way you think...From now on I will call the first four games of 2013 The Experiment.

One of the problems with the 4 game experiment was we didn't get the ball to T. Austin in space...Instead, we threw Tavon short curl patterns...With his back turned to OLB's and strong safeties...Not Smart... Got to get Tavon moving up field in space!

Also, we never established the play action pass during the first 4 games of 2013. I've done analytic studies on Sam Bradford's passing game, and Bradford's YPA goes way up on play action.

Oh, I know...We established the run, after the experiment with Zak Stacy, but Bradford couldn't exploit the play action pass, when he's laid up on the sideline with a torn anterior cruciate ligament...Bummer!

And what's more, during "The Experiment" we never started games with a no huddle offense... Oh, we went to a no huddle offense in 2013 alright!!! After we were down 2 or 3 TD's.

Remember the 2013 Atlanta Falcon game? We were down 24-3 at half time....After the half, We ran no huddle and Bradford threw 2 TD passes to Tavon Austin and one TD pass to Austin Pettis. And we caught up, and almost won.

Sam Bradford thrived at Oklahoma in a hurry up no huddle offense... I don't know why we don't play to our offensive strengths...I don't get it and it's frustrating to watch.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well thought out! I like it... I like the way you think...From now on I will call the first four games of 2013 The Experiment.

One of the problems with the 4 game experiment was we didn't get the ball to T. Austin in space...Instead, we threw Tavon short curl patterns...With his back turned to OLB's and strong safeties...Not Smart... Got to get Tavon moving up field in space!

Also, we never established the play action pass during the first 4 games of 2013. I've done analytic studies on Sam Bradford's passing game, and Bradford's YPA goes way up on play action.

Oh, I know...We established the run, after the experiment with Zak Stacy, but Bradford couldn't exploit the play action pass, when he's laid up on the sideline with a torn anterior cruciate ligament...Bummer!

And what's more, during "The Experiment" we never started games with a no huddle offense... Oh, we went to a no huddle offense in 2013 alright!!! After we were down 2 or 3 TD's.

Remember the 2013 Atlanta Falcon game? We were down 24-3 at half time....After the half, We ran no huddle and Bradford threw 2 TD passes to Tavon Austin and one TD pass to Austin Pettis. And we caught up, and almost won.

Sam Bradford thrived at Oklahoma in a hurry up no huddle offense... I don't know why we don't play to our offensive strengths...I don't get it and it's frustrating to watch.
Thanks!

The frustrating part of "The Experiement" is that it was so short.

I dunno... maybe they should have given it more time to do different things (experiment within the experiment :)).

Maybe, when it was all said and done, Schottenheimer just couldn't orchestrate that kind of offense (as much as he may have wanted to).

We'll never know...

My point is... it left some of these acquisition guys in a lurch of sorts... the recent discusison about Austin and how he is underutilized made me think about the bigger picture.

Will he (or Cook... or Bailey) ever really thrive with the Rams? Maybe they don't need to?

Anyways... whatever offensive strategy they decided upon for 2015, I just hope they see it through... give it enough time to feel satisfied in their decision if it doesn't work.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
Thanks!

The frustrating part of "The Experiement" is that it was so short.

I dunno... maybe they should have given it more time to do different things (experiment within the experiment :)).

Maybe, when it was all said and done, Schottenheimer just couldn't orchestrate that kind of offense (as much as he may have wanted to).

We'll never know...

My point is... it left some of these acquisition guys in a lurch of sorts... the recent discusison about Austin and how he is underutilized made me think about the bigger picture.

Will he (or Cook... or Bailey) ever really thrive with the Rams? Maybe they don't need to?

Anyways... whatever offensive strategy they decided upon for 2015, I just hope they see it through... give it enough time to feel satisfied in their decision if it doesn't work.

Again, I like the way you think and I didn't address all your well put points...Yes...I can't help but wonder...Are Cook and Bailey, among others being used correctly?

And like you, I wanted The Experiment to move further than four games... Besides Bradford's injury, I feel Bradford and other key offensive playmakers were handicapped like a race horses with extra weight-

-OK Sam Bradford we will let you throw to all these playmakers, but we will handicap you with little or no play action and you can't run a hurry up, no huddle offense until you are 2 touchdowns behind.

- OK Tavon Austin, we will throw to you, but we will handicap you by only throwing only when your back is turned to the defense, thus negating your superior field awareness, speed , and open field danger!

- OK Bailey, although we know you thrived in a wide open offense at West Virginia, We will handicap you during The Experiment by not playing you at all! Sorry!

OK Stud Defense, We know you're great and We love you! But we will handicap you by creating a 3 play and out offense, complete with 2 to 3 TD deficits...

And so on, and so on, and soon perhaps we will not handicap you! Perhaps?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hey man! I'm so Suffragette City and a big David Bowie fan...It's good to know that Bowie people can be Ram people too.

it's funny. when i started listening to music it was the mid 80s and i couldn't stand his songs. let's dance really turmed me off him. never really listened to his old stuff. then a couple of years back i was watching tv and they played "changes". i knew the song, heard bits of it on the radio now and then, but this was the first time i actually listened to it. totally changed my perspective on him. went straight to the shops and bought his cd. blew me away. then systematically worked my way through his catalog of 70s albums. needless to say diamond dogs is my favourite album, maybe of all time.

V3

Hall of Fame
I meant right now, this season coming up.

They're in a prime position to take an OT in a draft that's heavy on Olineman. I don't think we'd be too bad off if GRob wasn't on the team right now. It would just mean we'd be absolutely forced to take OT with the first pick.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
questions, questions....no answers yet....I still want a wr find....will DGB fall to the 4th round? the 5th?

Is Tre mason for real or he is going to do a Stacy this year? what do you guys think?
Time will tell....25 carries a game seems a bit much for his size & style...but I like him.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They're in a prime position to take an OT in a draft that's heavy on Olineman. I don't think we'd be too bad off if GRob wasn't on the team right now. It would just mean we'd be absolutely forced to take OT with the first pick.

Yes but it's much better to have grob with a years seasoning than two or three rookies in there.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion

With all due respect, I think top 10 centers are more common in the playoffs because they gain notoriety in the playoffs. Center is not a well known position, so you really only hear about them when the team is successful.

But out of curiosity where did you get the "top 10 centers" list? If it was PFF grades then my point is invalid. If it is pro-bowls and other accolades then you should be able to see my point.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
With all due respect, I think top 10 centers are more common in the playoffs because they gain notoriety in the playoffs. Center is not a well known position, so you really only hear about them when the team is successful.

But out of curiosity where did you get the "top 10 centers" list? If it was PFF grades then my point is invalid. If it is pro-bowls and other accolades then you should be able to see my point.

Mostly PFF Grades and it just so happens that the majority of All-Pro Centers are highly rated PFF graded centers. We looked at several years of stats vs wins. We looked at every offensive lineman position. Center won out.

Yet, you have a solid point Jorge... All offensive linemen gain respect and notoriety in the playoffs.

What EE and I were trying to do was- See what stats coordinated with wins....Of the offensive line stats...Center seemed to have the biggest correlation with winning.

Yet, sis and I found out you only need an average offensive line to win...The biggest correlation with winning was found else where....