WR's

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
Man... Tavon.. Every time I watch that video, I'm just amazed. Some of the things he did in WV were flat out magic. Tough to do that in the NFL, but we sure have seen flashes.

And I've been a huge fan of Sted ever since we drafted him. I see a great #2 in the making if all goes as planned. A healthy Brian Quick could have a big, big year too.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
I wanted to trade back our 2014 #2 pick for an extra pick, and grab a WR and QB. We could have had Odell Beckham Jr. or Mike Evans, Aaron Donald, and Teddy Bridgewater.

So would you rather have Odell Beckham Jr and Teddy Bridewater or Greg Robinson... Me? When we drafted Greg Robinson, I turned off the draft coverage and screamed...NO!!!!! I was so depressed...

2014 was maybe the greatest WR draft ever....Why we didn't pick a WR? I can't understand....Go with the flow...Go with the strength of the draft.... It's hard being a Ram's fan...Really hard.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wanted to trade back our 2014 #2 pick for an extra pick, and grab a WR and QB. We could have had Odell Beckham Jr. or Mike Evans, Aaron Donald, and Teddy Bridgewater.

So would you rather have Odell Beckham Jr and Teddy Bridewater or Greg Robinson... Me? When we drafted Greg Robinson, I turned off the draft coverage and screamed...NO!!!!! I was so depressed...

2014 was maybe the greatest WR draft ever....Why we didn't pick a WR? I can't understand....Go with the flow...Go with the strength of the draft.... It's hard being a Ram's fan...Really hard.

Who was trading up? They tried with the Johnny Alcoholic smokescreen but nobody bit.

And with no grob the rams would be up shit Creek with no paddle.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
Looking at Tavon's speed in that video, it's criminal that we haven't seen more of that from him in horns.

Not his fault obviously and I don't expect him to be able to do it as much in the NFL but we've seen it so rarely. If that changes this coming season it's potentially game changing for our offense.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
Who was trading up? They tried with the Johnny Alcoholic smokescreen but nobody bit.

And with no grob the rams would be up crap Creek with no paddle.

Buffalo traded up to Brown's #4...I'm sure the Bills would have given us the same trade for our 2nd pick in the draft...We get #9 pick in 2014 draft and the Bills 1st and 4th round picks in 2015.

Then we take Beckham with the Bills #9, Aaron Donald the same place we took him, then we trade our 2nd round pick and our 4th round pick to move up into the later part of the 2014 1st round and we take Teddy Bridgewater. ( There were several similar trades to move up into 2014 first round)

So we get Odell Beckham Jr, Aaron Donald, and Teddy Bridgewater. Plus we get Bill's 1st and 4th round picks in 2015 draft. That would mean we have the 10th and 12th picks in 2015 draft.

We lose Greg Robinson, Lamarcus Joiner, and Maurice Alexander.

Last edited:

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Buffalo traded up to Brown's #4...I'm sure the Bills would have given us the same trade for our 2nd pick in the draft...We get #9 pick in 2014 draft and the Bills 1st and 4th round picks in 2015.

Then we take Beckham with the Bills #9, Aaron Donald the same place we took him, then we trade our 2nd round pick and our 4th round pick to move up into the later part of the 2014 1st round and we take Teddy Bridgewater. ( There were several similar trades to move up into 2014 first round)

So we get Odell Beckham Jr, Aaron Donald, and Teddy Bridgewater. Plus we get Bill's 1st and 4th round picks in 2015 draft. That would mean we have the 10th and 12th picks in 2015 draft.

We lose Greg Robinson, Lamarcus Joiner, and Maurice Alexander.

I dunno.. our biggest need is a OLineman, not WR (IMO).... can't be making excuses about the O line every year just to grab one playmaker like ODB, as I see it we have playmakers, just don't have ppl to give the QB enough time to get the ball to them. Fix the line and everything will fall into place.. even if we had ODB, how sure are u that he was going to light it up like he did with the Giants? I mean Tavon could be lighting it up also, in the right situations.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
One more thing to add, Bailey, has been very good. Everytime the ball gets thrown his way, I know something good is going to happen.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
'
I dunno.. our biggest need is a OLineman, not WR (IMO).... can't be making excuses about the O line every year just to grab one playmaker like ODB, as I see it we have playmakers, just don't have ppl to give the QB enough time to get the ball to them. Fix the line and everything will fall into place.. even if we had ODB, how sure are u that he was going to light it up like he did with the Giants? I mean Tavon could be lighting it up also, in the right situations.

Before I respond to your valid points, let me say that I'm not Monday Morning quarterbacking. Last year, my sister (Enabling Ewe) and I lobbied for a similar trade, on this very site ROD. We wanted either Mike Evans or Odell Beckham Jr. We had no idea that Aaron Donald would be available with our 2nd pick. We watched in horror as the Rams picked Greg Robinson. I admit, in anger I turned the Draft channel to TCM, but Enabling Ewe turned if back 10 minutes later. She explained, " We can't Heidi from reality Bro!"

Short Story: If we had made the trade, we could double dip on offensive linemen with our 2015 10th and 12th pick in the first round. Plus we could afford to cut Sam Bradford's salary and sign 2 more offensive linemen during free agency.

The Cowboys went from one of the worst offensive lines to the very best in 2 short years...We can do it too.

Maybe Odell Beckham Jr. wouldn't have lit it up with the Rams...But the bottom line is that Odell Beckham Jr. would still be Odell Beckham Jr... You know what I mean?

We need an offensive coordinator who can unleash the Tavon Austin's and Odell Beckham's of this world..... Did we find that forward thinking offensive coordinator when Fisher promoted Frank Cignetti? Now it's my turn to say, " I dunno."

Last edited:

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We would have the 10th and 19th picks, not 10th and 12th.

You are judging players off of one season, which is incredibly stupid. Robinson could end up being better than all those WRs.

And nobody on the planet thought Odell Beckham would be as good as he was....it was the best rookie year from a WR in NFL history. The draft is really easy in hindsight....anybody could get it right.

SaneRamsFan

Rookie
Greg Robinson had a lot on his plate last year trying to learn to play in the NFL at 2 positions. All signs point to much improved play this year. We will be glad we have him. And besides that OBJ is a punk and GR isn't so that's good enough for me to be glad we have GR instead.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
One more thing to add, Bailey, has been very good. Everytime the ball gets thrown his way, I know something good is going to happen.
This will happen as long as (FOR THE 1-BILLIONTH TIME!) we Drastically improve our O-Line, and keep Bradford Healthy!!

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
The Austin trade was a disaster by any measure you choose to use. Again, not Tavon's fault, but he is a gadget player, or "joker". I think most fans knew it at the time. Easily the biggest mistake of the Snead/Fisher era.

He is not now nor will he ever be an Odell Beckham JR type player. When you are the first WR off the board, you are kind of expected to make a difference. He is a punt returner with average at best receiver skills, and great strait line speed. I hope I am wrong, I really do. The bright side is Bailey. While the Rams may never get back the blood and treasure they gave up for the little guy, they may have struck gold with him.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
We would have the 10th and 19th picks, not 10th and 12th.

You are judging players off of one season, which is incredibly stupid. Robinson could end up being better than all those WRs.

And nobody on the planet thought Odell Beckham would be as good as he was....it was the best rookie year from a WR in NFL history. The draft is really easy in hindsight....anybody could get it right.

OK, I'm incredibly stupid...So sue me.

A55VA6

Legend
Greg Robinson had a lot on his plate last year trying to learn to play in the NFL at 2 positions. All signs point to much improved play this year. We will be glad we have him. And besides that OBJ is a punk and GR isn't so that's good enough for me to be glad we have GR instead.
G Rob is gonna be a great player.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
The Austin trade was a disaster by any measure you choose to use. Again, not Tavon's fault, but he is a gadget player, or "joker". I think most fans knew it at the time. Easily the biggest mistake of the Snead/Fisher era.

He is not now nor will he ever be an Odell Beckham JR type player. When you are the first WR off the board, you are kind of expected to make a difference. He is a punt returner with average at best receiver skills, and great strait line speed. I hope I am wrong, I really do. The bright side is Bailey. While the Rams may never get back the blood and treasure they gave up for the little guy, they may have struck gold with him.

"I must say, Dr. Hill, I'm VERY disappointed in you. You steal the secret of life and death, and here you are trysting with a bubble-headed coed. You're not even a second-rate scientist!"

Hey, I love your avatar...You Re-Animated Head! Your right about Tavon. Whereas the 2014 draft was the best wide receiver draft in years, the 2013 draft was the weakest wide receiver draft in years. The Rams front office need to learn to flow with the strength of the draft. Choose wide receivers when they are plentiful and do the same with every positional player. The Ram's went with the flow with Aaron Donald. Best available player! Jeff Fisher has an above average defensive IQ...But a below average offensive brain.

Hey Dr. Hill. That's your specialty...Brains and disembodied heads.

Da Rams had an under performing offense again last year, even though we started the 2014 season with two first picks overall in the draft" Sam Bradford and Jake Long" and Greg Robinson #2 pick in the draft. Tavon #8 pick. And numerous round 2 offensive picks like Brain Quick, Lance Kendricks, and Pead who have failed to pan out, especially if you compare them with their brethren on other NFL teams. I know Quick improved last year, before a season ending injury, but WR's like Alshon Jeffery was picked after Quick. And now, the Rams may end up cutting Pead and Jake Long.

When it comes to offensive players, Snisher seem to pick better with 3rd round players and beyond like Tre Mason and Bailey. Yes Bailey is a silver lining. But will it all add up to a winning season in 2015?

Last edited:

ram007

Starter
Is Tre mason for real or he is going to do a Stacy this year? what do you guys think?

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
Is Tre mason for real or he is going to do a Stacy this year? what do you guys think?

You know I wouldn't cut Pead because he can catch a football. I think we go to camp with Stacy, Mason, Cunningham, Pead, Reynolds, and Watts. May the best 3 men win and unite as the Rams 2015 running back stable.

Last edited: