WR Amari Cooper, OT Adreas Peat have pre-draft visits with Rams today

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Alabama WR Cooper among those making Rams pre-draft visits
• By Jim Thomas

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_fb95d3ff-3609-5bfe-a5c1-06287760add5.html

With the calendar flipping to April the Rams are turning most of their attention to the draft as is largely the case throughout the NFL.

Along those lines, the team had three draft prospects make pre-draft visits to Rams Park on Wednesday. The list includes arguably the top wide receiver in the draft in Amari Cooper of Alabama and one of the best offensive tackles in Andrus Peat of Stanford.

Also visiting was Louisville offensive tackle Jamon Brown.

Cooper and Peat could be under consideration for the Rams at No. 10 overall, although Cooper may not last that long. Some mocks have him going to Oakland at No. 4 overall. He set Alabama and Southeastern Conference records last season with 124 catches. His yardage total of 1,727 yards was second-best in SEC history, and he also caught 16 touchdown passes.

Cooper, 6-1, 211, ran a 4.42 in the 40 at the NFL Scouting Combine.

Peat, 6-7, 313, made the SI.com and Sporting News first-team all-American squads last season at Stanford. He was the team's starting left tackle in 2013 and '14. He's the son of Todd Peat, who played offensive guard for the last St. Louis Cardinals football team in 1987 before following the team to Phoenix.

Brown, 6-4, 323, began his college career as a defensive lineman before switching to the offensive line during his freshman year. He has started at both right tackle and left tackle on the O-line at Louisville.

Athos

Legend
I'm with you on Cooper but Peat at 10? I would take Collins, Scherff and Clemmings over Peat. I agree with a lot of what you post, surprised by your take on him though.

Don't like Collins for some reason. Love Clemmings a lot and his motivation and he has the highest cieling, but I have to admit being scared of another raw tackle. If we aren't worried about that, Clemmings is my top lineman.

Scherff's future isn't tackle imo. And I'm not sure I'd want him at 10. Though if he's HOF level OG on the right side, I could take it.

Peat is underrated a bit I think.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Don't like Collins for some reason. Love Clemmings a lot and his motivation and he has the highest cieling, but I have to admit being scared of another raw tackle. If we aren't worried about that, Clemmings is my top lineman.

Scherff's future isn't tackle imo. And I'm not sure I'd want him at 10. Though if he's HOF level OG on the right side, I could take it.

He's one of only a couple guys in this draft that could play both run and pass, on either side of the ball. It makes him more valuable than the other OT'S in this draft.

If we are stuck at number 10 and we don't re-dign Barksdale, then he has to be an option. He may be the best value/need as an OL player in this draft.

For the record, Id pick Cooper over him.

thehammer

Rookie
only interesting one was Brown..all the top guys will be brought in as part of the 30...Cooper and Peat were expected

t

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
only interesting one was Brown..all the top guys will be brought in as part of the 30...Cooper and Peat were expected

t
I agree it's a surprise to bring a guy in that is as low rated--6th or later, as one of their official visits.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame

I get the whole raw tackle thing. That makes sense. I do like Collins a lot though. It's not that I hate Peat, he just reminds me of a Nate Solder type. Does nothing great but a lot well enough. He just seems like guy who should be picked after 19 or so.

I do like Scherff. I think he would be fine at RT and think he could be great at G. He feels like a guy who should go at 15 but don't think 10 is really reaching depending on what left.

Thanks for your breakdown. Enjoy reading your posts.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
The thing about Peat is he fills two major areas IMO. He could be a starting ORT by the bye without to much of an issue after a full training camp & full pre season. Peat also give Boudreau a OL'er who could swing if something happens to Greg Robinson. Thus permitting Saffold to remain @ OG.

Currently Boudreau is 3 deep @ center, he can use the best of the three who can play OG as a interior starting OLG. For example if Barnes wins the starting center post & Rhaney proves he can be the main reserve that would permit Barrett Jones to get a lot of action @ OLG post in TC & pre season. once again permitting Saffold to stay on the right side.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/jamon-brown?id=2552340
Bottom Line
Intriguing tackle/guard prospect. His mass and athletic limitations are best-suited inside and his quickness off the snap could be an indicator that Brown's best football could be ahead of him. With a wider base and better body control, Brown could become a starting guard or potential tackle in power scheme.

Last edited:

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
The thing about Peat is he fills two major areas IMO. He could be a starting ORT by the bye without to much of an issue after a full training camp & full pre season. Peat also give Boudreau a OL'er who could swing if something happens to Greg Robinson. Thus permitting Saffold to remain @ OG.

Currently Boudreau is 3 deep @ center, he can use the best of the three who can play OG as a interior starting OLG. For example if Barnes wins the starting center post & Rhaney proves he can be the main reserve that would permit Barrett Jones to get a lot of action @ OLG post in TC & pre season. once again permitting Saffold to stay on the right side.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/jamon-brown?id=2552340
Bottom Line
Intriguing tackle/guard prospect. His mass and athletic limitations are best-suited inside and his quickness off the snap could be an indicator that Brown's best football could be ahead of him. With a wider base and better body control, Brown could become a starting guard or potential tackle in power scheme.
Outstanding 3 cone, hadn't seen that. Good indicator of short area quickness. He was off my radar, and came away with about the same grade as Miller. When I saw Miller at the combine, I thought his film would be much better, because he flashed in all the drills, including footwork, movement, agility, balance, and power. I was disappointed when I watched him, but this other guy showed up enough to where I evaluated him too. What do you think of Miller?

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Outstanding 3 cone, hadn't seen that. Good indicator of short area quickness. He was off my radar, and came away with about the same grade as Miller. When I saw Miller at the combine, I thought his film would be much better, because he flashed in all the drills, including footwork, movement, agility, balance, and power. I was disappointed when I watched him, but this other guy showed up enough to where I evaluated him too. What do you think of Miller?

I like a lot.... seems to show up get the job done well without much fanfare effective and looked good @ OLG in East-West Shrine Game. But can swing all day! Would be a great 4th rd steal & a solid 3rd rd pick. I sure hope he is there when our #119 pick comes up...it would be a good way to start off the 3rd day of the draft.

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott

Peat really needs to spend time in the weight room. His upper body is to soft for my liking. Also has choppy footwork.

Would like to hear your take on why your not a Collins fan. I am, but maybe you can point me to something that I'm missing. I see an athletic kid who's extremely powerful and a nasty run blocker.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I will cry tears of joy if the Rams end up with Cooper.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I will cry tears of joy if the Rams end up with Cooper.
Me too for cry's of joy & also concern, I simply think that Cooper is a great top 10 selection period.

The concern cry's that Snead's ability to insert quality skilled talent in this Ram OL will be diminished greatly & almost impossible. Thus dooming this team to another loosing season.
Peat really needs to spend time in the weight room. His upper body is to soft for my liking. Also has choppy footwork.

Would like to hear your take on why your not a Collins fan. I am, but maybe you can point me to something that I'm missing. I see an athletic kid who's extremely powerful and a nasty run blocker.

Mr Walker, sir I can not post on the behalf of our fine well spoken member Athos, if you would permit me to make a feeble attempt until Athos is done with protecting the queen & the matters of love that young men are consumed in.:) However Athos young words/posts of wisdom on OL'er La'el Collins still are heard in the high area of this dominion....like here:
http://www.ramsondemand.com/search/1264922/?q=La'el collins&t=post&o=date&c[user][0]=1312

I happen to really like La'el Collins myself. He has shown that he can play all four OL position @ variances of degrees. it been said that he may need some maturing & may not have the overall demeanor one likes but he sure fits the major Holes the Rams have. The Versatility is key. Built like a OG and rather short & squatty & smaller for a OT never the less he does very well with the edge rushers. In our ROD mocks Collins has been the 2nd OL'er off the board here after Scherff. I happen to prefer Collins to Brandon.

http://www.ramsondemand.com/search/1264966/?q=La'el collins&t=post&o=date&c[node]=52&c[user][0]=573

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame

He probably looks choppy because he likes to turn and seal rather than use his hips to explode off on defenders, so he short steps sometimes to seal when he is run blocking.

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
Me too for cry's of joy & also concern, I simply think that Cooper is a great top 10 selection period.

The concern cry's that Snead's ability to insert quality skilled talent in this Ram OL will be diminished greatly & almost impossible. Thus dooming this team to another loosing season.

Mr Walker, sir I can not post on the behalf of our fine well spoken member Athos, if you would permit me to make a feeble attempt until Athos is done with protecting the queen & the matters of love that young men are consumed in.:) However Athos young words/posts of wisdom on OL'er La'el Collins still are heard in the high area of this dominion....like here:
http://www.ramsondemand.com/search/1264922/?q=La'el collins&t=post&o=date&c[user][0]=1312

I happen to really like La'el Collins myself. He has shown that he can play all four OL position @ variances of degrees. it been said that he may need some maturing & may not have the overall demeanor one likes but he sure fits the major Holes the Rams have. The Versatility is key. Built like a OG and rather short & squatty & smaller for a OT never the less he does very well with the edge rushers. In our ROD mocks Collins has been the 2nd OL'er off the board here after Scherff. I happen to prefer Collins to Brandon.

http://www.ramsondemand.com/search/1264966/?q=La'el collins&t=post&o=date&c[node]=52&c[user][0]=573

Me too.

Athos

Legend

You're way too centered on this. Drafting BPA in the 1st won't guarantee a shitty o-line. Not using that capital in the 2nd and 3rd will. Or not signing Barks and not doing either.

We'll be fine. No need to be a debbie downer if we dont' go Oline.

Mr. Walker

Rookie
Name
Scott
You're way too centered on this. Drafting BPA in the 1st won't guarantee a crappy o-line. Not using that capital in the 2nd and 3rd will. Or not signing Barks and not doing either.

agree 100%

So many people think the Rams NEED to spend a 1st rounder on an offensive lineman and if they don't, it's going to be a really long season. Yes, the Rams have holes to fill on the O-Line, but there really isn't a right or wrong way to go about doing that. If the Rams resign Barksdale and draft Amari Cooper in the 1st and Laken Tomlinson in the 2nd...

A55VA6

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Peat is a big fucking man. Damn. lol

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
You're way too centered on this. Drafting BPA in the 1st won't guarantee a crappy o-line. Not using that capital in the 2nd and 3rd will. Or not signing Barks and not doing either.

Yeah your right, But I think I heard that in 2012, oh also in 2013.....come to think about that I heard that in 2014. Thats OK cuz we know the Rams have a great history of always field fully functional OL's..silly me I have no reason to be concerned!

RobertWinn

UDFA
Name
David
I know visits don't mean that much, but I would rather we didn't end up with Peat. Much rather trade down and take Flowers or Humphries.