WR Amari Cooper, OT Adreas Peat have pre-draft visits with Rams today

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A55VA6

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sure all of you will like this!

View: https://twitter.com/nwagoner/status/583315667140538370

11084940_845953292109105_1229005365_n.jpg

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I am not surprised by Cooper but Peat surprises me a bit. Maybe they just want to talk to him some more and get some things cleared up. I don't see him as a road grading power run guy.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I am not surprised by Cooper but Peat surprises me a bit. Maybe they just want to talk to him some more and get some things cleared up. I don't see him as a road grading power run guy.

I for one would shit my pants if cooper fell to the rams at 10. but if hes gone and they go Peat I could see them sticking him at LT and moving Robinson over to RT but I would rather they just resign Barksdale, draft cooper in the first and AJ Cann or another guard or center in both the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

RamBill

Legend
Rams visit with Amari Cooper, Andrus Peat
Nick Wagoner, ESPN St. Louis Rams reporter

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/118377/rams-visit-with-amari-cooper-andrus-peat

EARTH CITY, Mo. -- The calendar has officially turned to April, which means there are plenty of (mostly bad) jokes going around today. It also means the NFL draft is just around the corner and teams are zeroing in on their top prospects.

A big part of that process is choosing and bringing in their top 30 prospects for visits to the facility. Those visits are a chance for the teams to get to know the players better and on a more personal level. These aren't workouts. Instead, they're a more formal and extended interview.

It's entirely possible the St. Louis Rams have already brought in some other prospects, but they had two notable names in town on Wednesday. Alabama wide receiver Amari Cooper and Stanford offensive tackle Andrus Peat were apparently at Rams Park for their visits.

Cooper sent a photo of himself next to a picture of Rams legend Isaac Bruce on his Instagram account (AmariCooper9) and referred to Bruce as his favorite Ram. Not long after, Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch tweeted that Peat was also in for a visit.

Neither visit should come as any sort of surprise. The Rams have been linked to both players in mock drafts, and they have an obvious need for a true No. 1 receiver and, especially, all over the offensive line. Both players would figure to be under discussion for the No. 10 overall pick since both are projected as first-round choices.

It seems unlikely that Cooper will fall to the Rams at No. 10, but stranger things have happened and the Rams are wise to do their diligence on him regardless. Peat seems far more likely to last to No. 10 than Cooper and would help fill the team's need at right tackle. Peat played in a pro-style, run-heavy offense at Stanford which theoretically could make him a good fit in St. Louis.

This is also a good time to throw out the usual warning that goes with these things. Teams get 30 visits but clearly don't have that many picks. While a pre-draft visit is a good sign of interest and perhaps more telling than things like showing up at a pro day or talking to a player at the combine or Senior Bowl, it doesn't mean a whole lot in the grand scheme of things.

Athos

Legend
Even though I love White's particular skill set, I'd get a hard-on if we drafted Cooper (the Bruce/Holt hybrid).

No, but I'd guess they wouldn't want to draw the reigns in on Foles downfield passing attack. Peat is kind of the only lineman I pick at 10 unless the Rams are SUPER fucking convinced Clemmings is can't miss prospect and will live up to it.

Stick Peat at RT and pick the best OG you can.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I for one would crap my pants if cooper fell to the rams at 10. but if hes gone and they go Peat I could see them sticking him at LT and moving Robinson over to RT but I would rather they just resign Barksdale, draft cooper in the first and AJ Cann or another guard or center in both the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

I like Peat but I would not place him @ OLT but play him @ ORT. If they sign Barksdale then you can run Barksdale until which time he becomes a liability with those speed rushers then insert Peat to fine tune his pass blocking. Barksdale will not improve his pass blocking.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Even though I love White's particular skill set, I'd get a hard-on if we drafted Cooper (the Bruce/Holt hybrid).

No, but I'd guess they wouldn't want to draw the reigns in on Foles downfield passing attack. Peat is kind of the only lineman I pick at 10 unless the Rams are SUPER freaking convinced Clemmings is can't miss prospect and will live up to it.

Stick Peat at RT and pick the best OG you can.

I'm with you on Cooper but Peat at 10? I would take Collins, Scherff and Clemmings over Peat. I agree with a lot of what you post, surprised by your take on him though.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I like Peat but I would not place him @ OLT but play him @ ORT. If they sign Barksdale then you can run Barksdale until which time he becomes a liability with those speed rushers then insert Peat to fine tune his pass blocking. Barksdale will not improve his pass blocking.

From everything ive seen and read is Peat is a better pass blocker than run blocker so wouldn't it make sense to put him on the blind side and have Robinson and Saffold plowing people over on the right?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
From everything ive seen and read is Peat is a better pass blocker than run blocker so wouldn't it make sense to put him on the blind side and have Robinson and Saffold plowing people over on the right?
He can run block. I think people do him a disservice there. He comes from an NFL pedigree to boot, that most fans don't seem to know about.

http://draftbreakdown.com/video/andrus-peat-vs-notre-dame-2014/

Watch this. Doesn't take long to see him bury a couple people. He can block on the 2nd level, and the third level, all in the first 2:00 of this game.

Last edited:

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Ugh ... Peat. He sure looks the part ... I mean look at that lower body ...

andrus-peat-nfl-combine.jpg

But man he has had some underwhelming snaps. Like I said in another thread - its just a mental block - if he is the guy, I'll find a way to rally - but I hope he isn't the guy.