Would you have kept Marvin Lewis?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
After 4 years with Carson Palmer he had 1 year above 500 then he had years of 7-9 10-6 and 2 with only 4 wins. 60-67 after 8 years.

They were thug central with as much garbage and bad attitudes as has ever been in the league. Now they have a good team decent QB and great fan base. But it took a long time to turn it around.

Is StL that much different?

I just don't see any good reason to dump Fisher now. Does he need to make changes? Yes there are still problems to be fixed. First and foremost the O Line. We have been saying it for years and this year they STARTED making that move. Dumping him now means another rebuilding period and 3 or 4 more years of mediocrity at best.

I want to see this through and 4 years is not enough with the junk he started with and the injuries they've endured. I don't care what the media hacks say.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Also, don't forget that Marvin Lewis had a cheapskate owner who didn't like to spend any of his cap space. It's a wonder why once they forced him to use 90% of it, Marvin Lewis built a consistent winner.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Do you want to wait 4 more years? I dont.
Fisher and this group have a better chance of making the playoffs in a shorter period than a new crew. If it means making the playoffs 5 out of 6 years, yes

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah, that Cincy parallel is coming up a lot lately. And it's valid.
They took numerous shots at building a good offense though, all the way back to Ocho Cinco and Houshyourmama.
We just need a stud WR and a decent QB and Fisher's fortunes will turn as well.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
In Marvin's first four years he was 8-8, 8-8, 11-5, 8-8.

He earned the benefit of the doubt that he could bounce back from a bad 5th and 6th year. Fisher hasn't lead us to a single winning record.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Fisher and this group have a better chance of making the playoffs in a shorter period than a new crew. If it means making the playoffs 5 out of 6 years, yes

Do they? Because on Defense we look good, but this offense is WORSE than the one he took over. The Bengal game was the first game I have EVER turned off without leaving. And I lived through quite a few bad years.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Yeah, that Cincy parallel is coming up a lot lately. And it's valid.
They took numerous shots at building a good offense though, all the way back to Ocho Cinco and Houshyourmama.
We just need a stud WR and a decent QB and Fisher's fortunes will turn as well.
I think Mannion has a chance to be as good as Dalton. Who is that guy at WR @jrry32 ?? Our 2016 first rounder?

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Do they? Because on Defense we look good, but this offense is WORSE than the one he took over. The Bengal game was the first game I have EVER turned off without leaving. And I lived through quite a few bad years.
Is it worse than what he took over? Really? The only position I would give a plus to is Bradford

jjab360

Legend

He earned the benefit of the doubt that he could bounce back from a bad 5th and 6th year. Fisher hasn't lead us to a single winning record.
Or even .500 for that matter.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Is it worse than what he took over? Really? The only position I would give a plus to is Bradford

Give me that line over this one. Give me Gibson and Amendola over Britt and Quick. Bradford over Foles. Really, Gurley and Tavon is all hes done well on the offensive side of the ball IMO.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Marvin Lewis went 11-5 in his third year, sorry there is no Cincinnati parallel. LMK when Fisher is 11-5 with the Rams and then I will answer yes to keeping him.

FRO

Legend

This is a huge difference. Plus Cincinnati didn't have many scouts and the assistant coaches had to pull double duty leading to bad drafts. It was a bad organization and to go 8-8 for years and then go 11-5 is a testament to his coaching ability. He earned the right for a reset. Fisher hasn't even been .500 for one year. He has had full personnel control and has failed to build the offense after several drafts with multiple high picks. At some point you have to produce. 4 years without a winning record gives you no rope. If we go 5-0 or 4-1 in our next 5 games, then I'll let him finish out his contract. It appears we are headed for 5-11. That would mean we got worse every year under him. You would have to cut bait then.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim

And he had Carson Palmer who refused to stay and play in Cincinnati. 3 .500 years and 1 above with a QB who has been well above anything the Rams and Fisher have had.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
And he had Carson Palmer who refused to stay and play in Cincinnati. 3 .500 years and 1 above with a QB who has been well above anything the Rams and Fisher have had.
Then it's still a bad comparison.

You can't compare the first four years to a guy's 5th and 6th while sweeping his first 4 under a carpet.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I'm all for finding the next great head coach, but keep in mind, there are much worse coaches than Fisher. Just look back to the two previous regimes we had. . . .

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan

And when he lost Palmer what did he do? He found a damn good replacement. Fisher is still looking for his replacement to Steve McNair.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
And when he lost Palmer what did he do? He found a damn good replacement. Fisher is still looking for his replacement to Steve McNair.
Mannion given a chance and a little more talent can be just as good as Dalton has been. Here is his overview from the draft:

Dalton is four-year starter and proven winner, but he will have a difficult transition to the NFL. He is undersized and will not be able to take off and run at the next level. He is generally an accurate passer, however he will make some poor throws when his mechanics break down. Also, he plays in a very user friendly scheme where he throws to a lot of wide open receivers and it is unclear if he can fit the ball into tight windows. Dalton will need some time to learn a more complicated offense and he looks to be a mid-round pick.