Wonder if Rams are trying to trade Sam?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RFIP

Or even Westbrooks if the price is right?

I just think something is going on there.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Always good to trade someone you were going to cut - especially if you are convinced they won't clear waivers.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
It wouldn't surprise me if they trade a veteran to free up cap space and to keep these promising youngsters.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Trading some DL depth for help at LB I endorse!

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Yeah. I was thinking the same thing.
They wasted little time moving Gilbert.
?????

A55VA6

Legend
Westbrooks will be on the Rams roster, I'm almost sure of it. Sam - anything is possible.

I remember Kevin Demoff talking about exploring trades and such in an interview on 101ESPN not long ago. Curious to see what they do.

the zohan

Rookie
Name
Macker
Id rather see them trade Sam than Westbrooks. I'm guessing they would try to get a LB?

MrMotes

Starter
It wouldn't surprise me if they trade a veteran to free up cap space and to keep these promising youngsters.

This makes the most sense to me. We're too cap strapped to sign a full practice squad roster...

MrMotes

Starter
I don't think we are that strapped? Share your math!
I read it, here, i think:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/sto...-patriots-buc-lardarius-webb-ravens-contracts

St. Louis Rams

The Rams currently have the least cap room in the NFL with just $1.67 million in cap space. The Rams already have placed Sam Bradford and Isaiah Pead on IR and they also have three other players on the list. That means that in a few days, the Rams will need to account for 58 players and a practice squad. If they opt to sign a full 10-man practice squad, it means the Rams will lose about $3.66 million in cap space. That gives them have no choice but to make a roster move before the start of the season.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Westbrook could bring far more . . . if Hayes is goingto be able to play, Westbrooks is not going to see significant playing time, though IMO, he would play, but I bet there are teams that would love to have him. Based on his tape he'd bring a good player (starter) or a 3-4 rounder. Again, just opinion, but a 3-4 team would like him and a 4-3 team would like him. He better than plenty of starters in the NFL.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/sto...-patriots-buc-lardarius-webb-ravens-contracts

St. Louis Rams

The Rams currently have the least cap room in the NFL with just $1.67 million in cap space. The Rams already have placed Sam Bradford and Isaiah Pead on IR and they also have three other players on the list. That means that in a few days, the Rams will need to account for 58 players and a practice squad. If they opt to sign a full 10-man practice squad, it means the Rams will lose about $3.66 million in cap space. That gives them have no choice but to make a roster move before the start of the season.

:eek: Thank you.

SierraRam

Recreational User

St. Louis Rams

I doubt Sam is traded, but after reading this quote & the "secret list" disaster thread, I'd be a little nervous if my name were Jo-Lonn.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Isn't there something in the rules that if you bring in a vet. after the first game his contract won't be guaranteed all season. Cut him anytime with no cap damage. If he's on the roster before the first game its 100% guaranteed. Didn't this happen with Clemens a couple years ago?

RamWoodie

Legend
Or even Westbrooks if the price is right?

I just think something is going on there.
Let's get a bit real here. Both guys are rookies...Westbrooks undrafted, and Sam a 7th rounder...what do you get in a trade for either...NOTHING!!!

Preseason doesn't give these guys value...IT'S PRESEASON!!!!

RFIP

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Isn't there something in the rules that if you bring in a vet. after the first game his contract won't be guaranteed all season. Cut him anytime with no cap damage. If he's on the roster before the first game its 100% guaranteed. Didn't this happen with Clemens a couple years ago?

Correct.

Which is why Richie Incognito has yet to sign. No one is going to be on the hook for a full year of his salary. After week 1 he'll be signed too.

jjab360

Legend
Let's get a bit real here. Both guys are rookies...Westbrooks undrafted, and Sam a 7th rounder...what do you get in a trade for either...NOTHING!!!

Preseason doesn't give these guys value...IT'S PRESEASON!!!!
Just because it's preseason doesn't mean it's not a legitimate source of talent evaluation