With win against Eagles and a 2-2 record, how would you feel about Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

With win against Eagles and a 2-2 record, how would you feel about Rams?

• Rams are legit. Rams win more than they lose

Votes: 57 63.3%
  • Meh...They are going to lose more than they win

Votes: 33 36.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Much worse than playing your "real defense" last year, but you know, one bad game is bound to happen.
That's odd. I don't recall that game from last year. Please tell us how it turned out.

joeyknish

UDFA
Da fuk?! Whoever said anything about the 2nd half not counting? You drinking already? All I said was your iggles have struggled against poor teams like JAX and WAS and that was only in response to your "lights out" claim. My contention is simply that they haven't played a single "lights out" game this season.

I didn't realize that putting up 37 and 34 constitutes a "struggle". Go ahead and add those totals up because they equal more points than the Rams have scored all season.

Also, my argument hasn't changed. Yesterday was the first game that I would categorically agree that it was a POS performance by the offense - not the other games this seasons. Last year, they had similar performances against Denver and Dallas, and came back with a vengeance the following week.

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I thought AZfan93 was a Cardinals fan - new to the forum, so if that was incorrect, then there was no game last year.
Most accurate thing you've posted here yet. :D

Welcome to ROD. This should be a lively week.

joeyknish

UDFA
Most accurate thing you've posted here yet. :D

Welcome to ROD. This should be a lively week.

Thank you. And it will!

I do love any chance I can get at giving Cardinals fans ulcers because they use to be the ugly step child in the East, but Jake the Snake Plummer still played lights out against the Eagles for some reason.

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I didn't realize that putting up 37 and 34 constitutes a "struggle". Go ahead and add those totals up because they equal more points than the Rams have scored all season.

Also, my argument hasn't changed. Yesterday was the first game that I would categorically agree that it was a POS performance by the offense - not the other games this seasons. Last year, they had similar performances against Denver and Dallas, and came back with a vengeance the following week.
IMO, if you put up 99 points and lose you struggled. Surely you can see why one may question an O that is averaging 87 ypg on the ground, particularly considering two of your games were against the defensive juggernauts of JAX and IND. You cannot, as an iggles fan, be happy with the performance of your O this year regardless of the total points scored.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I have to admit that I haven't watched much of Philly this year but being an Oregon Duck fan, I watched pretty much every game his Oregon teams played. His offense doesn't stack up as well against a strong front line. If (and this is a big if) our D-line gets it figured out, this could be a long day for the green and silver and especially for Foles.

joeyknish

UDFA
The running game has been a concern. However, that's the offensive line's fault. And reinforcements are on the way, starting this week. And it's a big deal because Lane Johnson retakes his tackle position, sliding Herremans back to his natural guard position. If you had told me we would be down to a third string center and two other back ups on the offensive line with Shady only rushing for 180 yards all season, and still be 3-1, I would have not believed it! If multiple starters on the OL go down for the entire season, then I would be much less optimistic.

But we get to the bye at the very worst 3-2 when additional OL reinforcements should be back. It's all gravy from my point of view.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I had us at 8 or 9 wins at full strength with a 2-1 or 3-0 start. Our division is Brutal and the schedule is nasty. A win vs Eagles would be very nice though. They got OL problems.
maybe our front four D can get off their pathetic start and put some numbers up. either that or the beagles will put up a lot of running yards.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Welcome aboard @joeyknish. We normally have a "what the other team's fans are thinking" thread in here, which is always a favorite, so I'm glad you showed up to share your thoughts with us in person.

joeyknish

UDFA
I have to admit that I haven't watched much of Philly this year but being an Oregon Duck fan, I watched pretty much every game his Oregon teams played. His offense doesn't stack up as well against a strong front line. If (and this is a big if) our D-line gets it figured out, this could be a long day for the green and silver and especially for Foles.

In other words, you've watched college games from years ago, which told you the current Eagles offense do not "stack up as well against a strong front line"? LOLOLOLOL

joeyknish

UDFA
Welcome aboard @joeyknish. We normally have a "what the other team's fans are thinking" thread in here so I'm glad you showed up to share your thoughts with us in person.

Thank you. I usually follow my moniker and keep it even keeled while posting, but I'm still bitter about how the 2001 season ended.

RamWoodie

Legend
At this point, I'm on "cruise control" with the Rams until they show consistency on both sides of the ball. The defense did pretty good against Dallas holding Murray to 100 yards.

Probably about week 6 is a better time to ask the question.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
In other words, you've watched college games from years ago, which told you the current Eagles offense do not "stack up as well against a strong front line"? LOLOLOLOL
And you are saying the leopard that is Chip Kelly has changed his spots. LOLOLOLOLOL

joeyknish

UDFA
How would you know what type of species it is without giving a peak at its pro-like form?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
And by the accounts I have read, he has been bringing in players to allow him to get back to even more of the style he had in college and for which he was lauded as such a master mind.

BigRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
And by the accounts I have read, he has been bringing in players to allow him to get back to even more of the style he had in college and for which he was lauded as such a master mind.
The worse news is, NFL D coordinators have also peaked at his "pro-like" form. I wouldn't expect to catch many D's by surprise this year.

joeyknish

UDFA

He inherited the OL in its present form, but for the drafting of Lane Johnson who had an uneventful rookie year. And they are road graders who can run (when healthy).

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Philadelphia hasn't impressed me much at all this year. Foles and McCoy don't look the same as last year. You see what pressure does to the guy and he's throwing the ball to the other team. McCoy has been a non-factor. I'm thinking the Rams go into Philly and take this one and it's not going to surprise me one bit. Rams 27 Philly 20