Wilson and Seahawks 10s of millions apart

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Wilson and Seahawks '10s of millions' apart
7460.jpg

The Seahawks and Russell Wilson are "10s of millions" apart in contract talks, according to Danny O'Neil of ESPN 710 Seattle.

He's seeking a deal in the $120 million range while Seattle has reportedly offered a four-year extension worth close to $80 million. The Seahawks are offering Andy Dalton money but Wilson wants to be paid like Aaron Rodgers. Wilson has previously used his baseball contract with the Texas Rangers as leverage in negotiations. Wilson is too good a player for the Seahawks to risk losing. Even if they're far apart now, the two sides should come to an agreement sooner or later.
Source: ESPN 710
May 8 - 9:09 AM

Also Bennett wants a raise! I love it I hope they both break the bank!!

Michael Bennett wants a raise, not a trade
5530.jpg

Appearing on Seattle's King 5 TV Thursday, DE Michael Bennett said he just wants a raise.

"People assume when you ask for a little more money, they assume that you want to be traded or something like that," said Bennett. "But that's not what I'm trying to go for." Bennett is in the second year of a four-year, $28.5 million deal. Seahawks GM John Schneider might be able to appease Bennett by offering him more money up front, similar to what the team did with Marshawn Lynch earlier this offseason.
Source: ESPN.com
May 8 - 11:03 AM

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wilson yes. Bennett no. He has a contract that recently started. Wilson at least is near free agency. But yes, give Wilson a contract like he's a superstar, when he's actually a good but not great player on a team with a lot of soon to be expensive talent around him.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I think they should just give him $25M a year or let him walk. Yeah, that sounds good.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
I think the beginning of the end for them was when they signed both Sherman and Earl Thomas to big $$. A few things are inevitable now:
  1. Every player on the Sea-chicken team will overestimate their value, demand big money from the Sea-chickens to stay there.
  2. Some dumb-azz NFL team will overestimate their value, pay big money for them to flop for their team
  3. Seattle will overestimate their system, think they can plug just any guy in to replace, say... Marshawn Lynch, not realizing that it is Lynch that makes the team special
  4. Between the dissent, the departures, the jealousy, the sub-par replacements, they will crumble.
Inevitable.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Wussell Wilson. The Gold Standard for game managers.
sorry but I couldn't disagree more with that statement. Wilson is the reason they've been to multiple Super Bowls. Lynch by himself and a game manager like Alex Smith or someone wouldn't make it. Wilson is everything Mike Vick was suppose to be and more. extending a play for 10 seconds or breaking off a 20 yard run on 3rd and forever isn't game managing its game changing.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
sorry but I couldn't disagree more with that statement. Wilson is the reason they've been to multiple Super Bowls. Lynch by himself and a game manager like Alex Smith or someone wouldn't make it. Wilson is everything Mike Vick was suppose to be and more. extending a play for 10 seconds or breaking off a 20 yard run on 3rd and forever isn't game managing its game changing.

I see your point of view, but you are wrong.
#1 Defense in the NFL, #1 running game,
Without those, they aren't going anywhere.
Make Wilson pass, and he's average at best.

lockdnram21

Legend
^^^This

lockdnram21

Legend
Because he has average weapons. See what he do with Jimmy Graham (except when they play us)

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

I think you're both right. The running game and defense has kept them in all their close games, and by all accounts some they should have lost. But Russel finds a way to come out and win it in the 4th for them. I think there was what, 3 or 4 games last year where this happened?

Some games Russel has just shit the bed. Can't complete a pass at all. But the defense and running game carried them to the win. It's just a product of the team composition, I suppose.

But, I will say that he's not worth $120 million. Pay him that and kiss your precious 12th bandwagon goodbye.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Well... I'm no genius but this looks like an episode of pawn stars: "I need 120."..."No, I can only pay 80." The middle number here seems well in the the wheel house for what seems expected. Still, that they have to actually pay the guy 100 million helps us.

Either way he is going down hard in STL in week 1!

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
and one of the worst Olines in the league. put a pocket passer back there and that D and running game gets them to 8-8. Wilson is no Aaron Rodgers but Rodgers wouldn't survive half a season in Seattle. no Wilson and Lynch gets stacked up in the box every down.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
This is not really news. Wilson will get his money and Seattle will be fine with the cap. The cap is a borderline joke and Seattle can not afford not to pay him.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Golden Taint wasn't average. He went to Detroit and became a #1 when Calvin was out. He had about 90+ catches and over 1000 yards. Wilson is 32nd in the league in pass attempts since 2012 in his rookie year. That tells me the game is barely ever in his hands. He's an average QB.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'd pay him. The guy's pretty much the face of their franchise, and in my opinion, he's only going to get better. Personally, I'd love to see them let him go and think that they can just plug in any quarterback behind that offensive line (Okung aside, they have literally nothing). Watch Wilson go, see Lynch retire, let Graham leave. They have no choice but to pay him. If they don't, they're pretty much kissing their chances of winning goodbye.