will a .500 record make new stadium talk go away?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
It becomes "A winning team deserves a winning stadium".

I'm not against a new stadium but I also rarely go because it's a rip off.

TGZ

Rookie
Name
Dylan
No it doesn't curb the talk.

A playoff run would help get it closer to being done.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Probably, because then the folks will be a lot more willing to put up the dough for a new stadium. A winning team in a new and improved stadium sounds a lot better than waste all your money to watch the same shit fester on a different floor.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I think a legit playoff run really cements that they stay. The fair weathers will come out of the woodwork and support it.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
No...what a winning record will do is help get more fans/residents behind the idea of a new stadium.

MrMotes

Starter
Don't think it will cure what's ailing our owner when it comes to a stadium...

bluecoconuts

Legend
Rams can go 19-0 and they will still need a new home. Like others said, a good year likely gets more support for the stadium, but winning or no winning, the city needs to hash it out and get a new stadium or they could very well say goodbye to the Rams.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
I don't think it will make it go away, but it could be less of a 'focus'. I think when you're not winning, other things tend to become bothersome and the dome is a traditional whipping boy. It sure was a fun place to go and watch games during the GSOT era.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

I just checked, because of your "rip off" comment. In 1967 at the L.A. Coliseum Game tickets were.....hold on to your socks.....$6.00 a game to Season ticket holders!

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No it doesn't curb the talk.

A playoff run would help get it closer to being done.

Agree... the talk won't go away until the issue gets resolved.

But winning... and getting into the playoffs would be a very pleasant distraction from that issue.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I just checked, because of your "rip off" comment. In 1967 at the L.A. Coliseum Game tickets were.....hold on to your socks.....$6.00 a game to Season ticket holders!

Yeah, it's just gotten ridiculous. I'm not dropping $500 for a cramped seat and some crap food for my family.

I do take free tickets though!

TexRamFan

Rookie

I guess it depends on what you compare it too.

I personally think going to the Rams game is one of the best deals in sports depending on who you go with and your specific situation. Our season tickets are right around $250 a seat for the year. Yes, these are upper deck seats BUT we manged to get as close as we can to the 50 yd line and as low as you can go in this section. You are looking at $25 a seat a game! We split tailgaiting costs of $20 a spot amongst 4 of us and we bring our own food and beer to tailgate. I personally buy 1-2 beers a game but no food as we eat before hand tailgating.

After it is all said and done I average about $40-50 a game for a live NFL game! I find this unreal as I attend away games and am SHOCKED at some of the costs. The mother of all costs was Dallas last year. $90 for parking, $125 for upperdeck seats, and $10 for a popcorn! By the time it was over one trip to the Dallas game cost more than my season tickets for the Rams (not to mention we got our A$$ kicked).

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hope Rams stay in St Louis because as a Missourian I am not rooting for the Chiefs.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I guess it depends on what you compare it too.

I personally think going to the Rams game is one of the best deals in sports depending on who you go with and your specific situation. Our season tickets are right around $250 a seat for the year. Yes, these are upper deck seats BUT we manged to get as close as we can to the 50 yd line and as low as you can go in this section. You are looking at $25 a seat a game! We split tailgaiting costs of $20 a spot amongst 4 of us and we bring our own food and beer to tailgate. I personally buy 1-2 beers a game but no food as we eat before hand tailgating.

After it is all said and done I average about $40-50 a game for a live NFL game! I find this unreal as I attend away games and am SHOCKED at some of the costs. The mother of all costs was Dallas last year. $90 for parking, $125 for upperdeck seats, and $10 for a popcorn! By the time it was over one trip to the Dallas game cost more than my season tickets for the Rams (not to mention we got our A$$ kicked).

Well, you do it right!

That's not bad at all.