Why Not Us?... seriously Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Just real quick simple discussion I want to clarify. I'm a bit upset with Wagoner's 8-8 prediction. He seems to flipflop while many outside analysts are more optimistic. Quick list here. I might post this for Wagoner this Friday.

1. Remember how Bradford went 4-1-1 in division before and 14-4 recording last season? Ok keep that thought baking.

2. Defense huge upgrade on all fronts from good rookies to depth to coaching and scheme. Top 10 even Top 5 predictions pretty unanimous.

3. Offensive Line upgrade. Solid Top 10 unit IF all healthy.

4. Run game evolving, depth, 1-2 even 3 punch backs, solid line to run behind. Solid Top 10 prediction right?

5. WRs all seem much improved at least through camp. High expectations on so many that by odds alone a few pan out, hopefully improved and polished Schotty scheme.

With all this in mind why cant we go at LEAST 10-6 and make a deep playoff run if at least 75% of these expectations come through? 7-9 with a backup QB, a soft D scheme, toughest schedule, and crushing wins against Chicago, Indy, New Orleans. Consistency is here to stay I believe. And you dont crush multiple playoff teams with luck, just FOCUSED talent. I'm a long lived pessimistic Rams fan but this year... I can smell it in the air.

fearsomefour

Legend
Why not?
Unrealized offensive talent. Unrealized offensive continuity.
An injury prone/recovering LT and C. A LG that is going to be getting OTJ training. Unproven RB depth. A WR corp long on hype short on results. An OC that has had a tough time consistently making adjustments to the personnel and opponents.
A D coordinator who is high risk/high reward. A secondary that has no consistent tacklers, is young and raw and performed poorly last year.
A penchant for bad and selfish penalties. A coach who has made a career of many .500 seasons.
The toughest division in football that could easily turn into a war of attrition vs teams with better depth.
A bad half empty stadium.
Unis that are the wrong color.
Ect, ect
Plenty of reasons why the Rams face an uphill battle.
Do I believe all that negativity? No.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
I truly think the missing piece to the Snisher era puzzle was/is DC Gregg Williams, single handedly. The rest will finally come into creation and domination.

PanterA- Domination :rockon:

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why not?
Unrealized offensive talent. Unrealized offensive continuity.
An injury prone/recovering LT and C. A LG that is going to be getting OTJ training. Unproven RB depth. A WR corp long on hype short on results. An OC that has had a tough time consistently making adjustments to the personnel and opponents.
A D coordinator who is high risk/high reward. A secondary that has no consistent tacklers, is young and raw and performed poorly last year.
A penchant for bad and selfish penalties. A coach who has made a career of many .500 seasons.
The toughest division in football that could easily turn into a war of attrition vs teams with better depth.
A bad half empty stadium.
Unis that are the wrong color.
Ect, ect
Plenty of reasons why the Rams face an uphill battle.
Do I believe all that negativity? No.
im so confused to thumbs up that or not to...
so we did all that and still went 7-9? damn imagine if things went right for a season huh?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Wagoner is trying too hard to not look like a homer.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Just real quick simple discussion I want to clarify. I'm a bit upset with Wagoner's 8-8 prediction. He seems to flipflop while many outside analysts are more optimistic. Quick list here. I might post this for Wagoner this Friday.

1. Remember how Bradford went 4-1-1 in division before and 14-4 recording last season? Ok keep that thought baking.

2. Defense huge upgrade on all fronts from good rookies to depth to coaching and scheme. Top 10 even Top 5 predictions pretty unanimous.

3. Offensive Line upgrade. Solid Top 10 unit IF all healthy.

4. Run game evolving, depth, 1-2 even 3 punch backs, solid line to run behind. Solid Top 10 prediction right?

5. WRs all seem much improved at least through camp. High expectations on so many that by odds alone a few pan out, hopefully improved and polished Schotty scheme.

With all this in mind why cant we go at LEAST 10-6 and make a deep playoff run if at least 75% of these expectations come through? 7-9 with a backup QB, a soft D scheme, toughest schedule, and crushing wins against Chicago, Indy, New Orleans. Consistency is here to stay I believe. And you dont crush multiple playoff teams with luck, just FOCUSED talent. I'm a long lived pessimistic Rams fan but this year... I can smell it in the air.
...and Britt. And bailey emerged. And special teams stop getting penalized. And the drops stopped.

fearsomefour

Legend
im so confused to thumbs up that or not to...
so we did all that and still went 7-9? damn imagine if things went right for a season huh?
Yep.
A lot went wrong last year. Some bad luck and some bad coaching and play.
How do the Rams rank out in the NFC in terms of contending teams?
Philadelphia, GB, Detriot, Chicago, Saints, Panthers, Whiners, Seattle. All these teams would rank ahead of the Rams still preseason. It is very possible a couple of teams won't perform well (Chicago, Carolina lead my list) and its possible a team like Atlanta can bounce back, or Dallas with a 15% improvement on D can cause trouble.
Can the Rams make a jump and win 10 games? For sure.
I just think with such a young team with such a tough schedule as many things will have to go right as went wrong last year.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
Will let Wagoner be that way so he will look shocked when Rams do better than he thought.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Why not?

Seattle, SF, Arizona

Another maybe .500 year.
Freak Seattle, SF, Arizona!!!

We beach split wit AZ last year with Clemens at QB the final game. We did not play SF particularly well last year but did the year before and I see us rebounding this year. We had SEA beat in STL last year...with Clemens at QB save a couple of boneheaded plays. The final game our OL we decimated but w/o piss poor officiating the game was much closer...with Clemens at QB. This is our year naysayers be damned!

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
I think it's a fair prediction. We can hope all we want, but while we're a much improved team we're in the toughest division in football with a lot of developing do.

Napa Jack

UDFA
"Freak Seattle, SF, Arizona!!!"

Freak? Yeah, they are all freakin good teams.

The Rams might surprise a few teams but they won't surprise anybody in this division. I do look for improvement, but the NFC West is freakishly good.

PrometheusFaulk

Starter
"Freak Seattle, SF, Arizona!!!"

Freak? Yeah, they are all freakin good teams.

The Rams might surprise a few teams but they won't surprise anybody in this division. I do look for improvement, but the NFC West is freakishly good.

True.

That's why it's gonna be all the more satisfying when we beat them.

Why the hell not?

This is a better team than 2012 when we beat all of them.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Wagoner based his "prediction" on offensive and secondary talent that is still a question mark. And you want to talk about Homers........jeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzz did you see the Whiners and the Squawks reporters. I think both simply have too much on their plate this offseason that will spill over in the regular season. They're good teams that everyone and their dog will be gunning for every week and will have to bring their A games to repeat their suceess of last year. And the pressures of everyone wanting paid, everyone wanting a piece and everyone telling them how great they are will be a bit too tough to get that done, week in and week out.

RustyRay

Rookie
The Rams beat the Bears and Saints last year fairly easily. They also beat the Cards once and should have beat the Hawks at home. I am not saying that makes them better then those teams but to be written off like they cant compete is a mistake.

For once if things go right for this team and they actually get some breaks and have some injury luck they can go a long way if they get some confidence going early.

Irish

Starter
Too many question marks. Receivers, secondary, o line, qb.

Now, as those question marks become answers, and positive answers at that, we will be more confident in picking this team to be successful. As of right now, though, those unknowns just don't measure up to the other teams.

I will say this, though, that anyone picking the Cardinals to beat us in the division is just silly. The Niners and Seahawks are the class of the entire NFL. Hell, last year's Superbowl was the NFC championship game!

Until the Rams prove it on a weekly basis that they can beat the Niners and the Seahawks, the Rams don't deserve any "benefit of the doubt"

My 5 keys to a successful season:

Sam plays 16 games.
The OL remains healthy.
Quick lives up to this off season hype.
Ogletree Becomes an All Pro.
Jenkins and Johnson provide + play.

All 5 are question marks, but if all 5 come to fruition (and there's no reason all 5 can't) we will be successful.

GreeneCounty

Pro Bowler
My 5 keys to a successful season:

Sam plays 16 games.
The OL remains healthy.
Quick lives up to this off season hype.
Ogletree Becomes an All Pro.
Jenkins and Johnson provide + play.

All 5 are question marks, but if all 5 come to fruition (and there's no reason all 5 can't) we will be successful.

The cb play is the key for sure.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Because like much of the local media they've been burned by false hope in the past AND since the division is tough, even if it turns out the Rams leap frog everyone int he NFC West, if they pick the Rams now they look like homers.

I really feel when I read a lot of the reports and predictions that the local media in their mind thinks the Rams are a 10-11 win team...but they aren't going to state it verbally.