Why Nick Foles should start this Sunday

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

MountainRam

Rookie
1. Foles is the best QB on this team
2. Foles has the better arm
3. Foles will respond when chips are down (followed him his entire career to get a feel on this)
4. Foles is 6'5" and can take a hit and keep getting up
5. Rams need to know if Foles is the answer to go into next season. Forget about sparks
6. Keenum should sit (helps both his health and PR wise) this Sunday

Feel free to knock me down!

bskrilla

Starter
1. Maybe or even probably but he was absolutely awful his last few games.
2. Maybe, but what does it matter if he's sailing every throw he makes 10 feet over the receivers head.
3. The chips were down his last 2 games when he was absolute shit.
4. If anyone can take a hit and keep getting up I think Keenum showed that after he got knocked into next Tuesday and was able to convince the medical staff he was ok.
5. This is probably the best reason, and I think it'll happen if we lose a couple more games with Case.
6. If he passes protocol and is cleared to play then he can play. Apparently the injury made not have ended up being as bad as it first appeared.

So in summation no. As long as Case is healthy I'd rather see him out there for at least 1 more game.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
3. Foles will respond when chips are down (followed him his entire career to get a feel on this)
5. Rams need to know if Foles is the answer to go into next season. Forget about sparks

To be honest, it doesn't matter much who our QB is right now. The line is ravaged with injuries, and it seems there's a disconnect with our receivers and QB. Foles hasn't been good the second half of our games played this year, and Keenum didn't look much better.

Edit: At this point, it could be that there wouldn't be much of a drop off to start any of our 3 QBs.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Why Foles shouldn't start next week:
UnfitFinishedHerald.gif

FavorableBleakHairstreakbutterfly.gif

FemaleSeveralArachnid.gif

OrnateGracefulKusimanse.gif

HappygoluckySimplisticDuiker.gif

SafeLastClumber.gif

CourageousFavoriteGoldenretriever.gif

WelldocumentedUnevenJackrabbit.gif

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
I thought Case had a concussion...if so he can't play per NFL rules. Even if he can play he was as bad as Foles if you ask me. The starter is Foles so I say stick with him until the end of the season. If he sucks and can't play we will all know it by then. The Rams face the Bengals this week, the Bengals are coming off of their first loss and the Rams are in the Bengals house....does it really matter who is behind center?

Schmitzer

UDFA

Counter argument
1. The offense improved on 1st/2nd down compared to the last 4 games, and 3rd down efficiency improved slightly.
2. Keenum is more mobile.
3. Keenum has had one game here, give him time to develop.
4. Keenum is fearless, Foles playing fearful.
5. Foles isn't the answer, need to know if Keenum can play/backup.
6. Foles has something wrong, mechanically not the same QB as 2 years ago (not my analysis, from others). Mentally, he's not there - and a break could do him some good.
7. If you want Foles healthy next year, sit him for the next 2 (includes Cardinals).

Psycho_X

Legend
In most of those gif's above it just shows his foot work needs cleaned up. So often he is moving his left foot or picking it up as he throws instead of planting into it and throwing and that just isn't good. I know you can't if you have people in your face but a lot of these throws he has plenty of room and time to plant and throw. He's just not doing that and throwing a lot more off his right foot than he needs to be and that's when you have balls sail on you. Of course, ironically the one time he plants firmly into his left foot and throws is the interception so maybe it won't help lol. But just too much left foot movement going into the throw for my eyes. But what do I know.

Edit: actually never mind the gif was laggy for me, that interception he again throws off his right foot he just sets his left foot down after the throwing motion has started. He just isn't playing with good mechanics.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Foles is a known at this point. We know he isn't the guy. It's not like they pulled him after 1 bad quarter. If anything, they waited too long.

I'm good with never seeing him under center for us again - except maybe in mop up duty when we are up 30.

Time to check behind door number 3.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Folks just doesn't seem right after the Green Bay game, I blame Matthews for that crap. Probably knocked out the ability to play QB.

After the first game of the year, I thought we were going to get pretty far in the playoffs this year..

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I think Keenum deserves at least 3 more games. Foles failed far more than that. Doesn't really matter if it's his head, his footwork, or whatnot. He had a good chance and blew it. If his footwork sucks, it ain't gonna get fixed this year. I don't see any leadership qualities in Foles that Keenum doesn't also possess. The smart thing to do IMO is start Keenum and move the pocket more to take advantage of his mobility. Like Minnesota did to us.

Amitar

Pro Bowler
Name
Amitar
Foles is not the answer. Let Keenum play the rest of the year.
Time to trade for a quality QB now, just like Arz did.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Plenty of evidence against Foles starting unless Keenum can't because of the concussion. Foles looks hurt and has been terrible for at least a month, he needs to sit for a month and get his shit together

Rainram

Starter
He just isn't playing with good mechanics.
Yea...his mechanics have been bad all year. Which is strange, because despite some pressure and a few blows, he has had some time and some room. He should definitely be playing better. Why this hasn't been fixed by Foles and our Coaches is bothersome.

As for this week...I'll take Foles. Which is not so much of an endorsement for Foles, as it is an indictment of Keenum...who played an awful game in his own right last week. Case missed quite a few throws himself.

If Keenum isn't cleared medically, I wouldn't hate that. Foles is #1 and Mannion #2. If Foles really struggles again, we'll be forced to put the rook in (which Fisher, otherwise, will never do).

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Keenum deserves at least 3 more games. Foles failed far more than that. Doesn't really matter if it's his head, his footwork, or whatnot. He had a good chance and blew it. If his footwork sucks, it ain't gonna get fixed this year. I don't see any leadership qualities in Foles that Keenum doesn't also possess. The smart thing to do IMO is start Keenum and move the pocket more to take advantage of his mobility. Like Minnesota did to us.
I thought that was going to be the approach last week. They seemed to do it late in the game and it was effective.
I agree on 3 games, because he does at least deserve a shot at starting a home game. Yes, Baltimore defense is not great but it still wasnt the most adventageous place for his first start. Cincinatti even worse....

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The only way Foles plays is if Keenum can't pass the concussion protocols (yes, he did suffer a concussion).

Pretty much end of story to me.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I thought Case had a concussion...if so he can't play per NFL rules.
If he passes concussion protocol, he will be cleared to play. Teddy played the following week after Joyner supposedly knocked him out with a concussion.