Why Jon Toth wasn't drafted and still unsigned

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame

J.J. Watt undergoes surgery to repair herniated disc
By Chris Wesseling Around the NFL Writer
Published: July 21, 2016

Rapoport added that a recovery time of eight weeks is the best-case scenario, and since the surgery happened so recently, it puts Watt right up against the opening weekend kickoff.

NFL Media's Mike Garafolo, however, expressed a slightly more pessimistic timeline.

Per a source informed of Watt's prognosis, Garafolo reported that the recovery could take up to 10 weeks, which means the defensive star would miss regular-season games.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...tt-undergoes-surgery-to-repair-herniated-disc

Wishing Toth a speedy recovery and hope he asks the Rams for a re-evaluation and tryout (y)

slip-disc-1-816.jpg
_________
Spinal-disc-herniation.gif

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Rams actually in good shape now at Center IMHO, they have Sullivan who will proved to be a major upgrade over Barners and I expect Eldrenkamp to make the squad too. Not sure if they would keep Rhaney or Blythe, but you never know.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck

Rapoport added that a recovery time of eight weeks is the best-case scenario, and since the surgery happened so recently, it puts Watt right up against the opening weekend kickoff.

NFL Media's Mike Garafolo, however, expressed a slightly more pessimistic timeline.

Per a source informed of Watt's prognosis, Garafolo reported that the recovery could take up to 10 weeks, which means the defensive star would miss regular-season games.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...tt-undergoes-surgery-to-repair-herniated-disc

Wishing Toth a speedy recovery and hope he asks the Rams for a re-evaluation and tryout (y)

slip-disc-1-816.jpg
_________

I've heard the term but until I saw that graphic where the herniated disc is pushing up against the spinal cord, I never really understood it exactly.

Thanks

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I thought the Rams signed him.
They should. I think he would be the perfect guy to observe training camp and sit in the meetings while rehabbing.

Then they can IR him and he can come out and compete for a starting job next year.

Seems like a great opportunity to get a superior, young, long-term starter at Center.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

slip-disc-1-816.jpg
_________
So, with a 10 week re-coop time frameand then add on time to get in Playing shape, and learn the Playbook, practice with the Team etc. He'll be ready to Play around week #5!!? Sign him to the Practice Squad.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Sounds like Barrett Jones 2.0
Totally different injury and
with Barrett they wasted a draft pick.

This is an "opportunity" that may or may not work out but I would consult with some doctors because sometimes repaired parts are stronger than the original.

If a doctor says that it's a degenerative problem, no reason to waste time and Toth should just retire anyway.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Rams actually in good shape now at Center IMHO, they have Sullivan who will proved to be a major upgrade over Barners and I expect Eldrenkamp to make the squad too. Not sure if they would keep Rhaney or Blythe, but you never know.

Are you forgetting McMeans?

Memphis Ram

Legend
So was he hurt during Senior Bowl practices? I read somewhere he did well in the actual game.

http://draftanalyst.com/senior-bowl-south-team-practice-page

Name: Jon Toth
School: Kentucky
Ht: 6047
Wt: 308
Arm: 33 1/8
Hand: 10

Tues: Toth had his struggles all day long. He was bull-rushed off the line and generally looked poor.

Wed: Toth struggled again. He was run over and beaten on a number of occasions.

Thurs: Once again it was a struggle for Toth. On successive reps he was run over by Montravius Adams, then by Carlos Watkins.

Analysis: Toth struggled every day of practice and was manhandled by the likes of Montravius Adams and Carlos Watkins.