Why I hate Steeler/Penguin fans.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Name
JP
:hatin::hatin::hatin::hatin::hatin:

14133ia.jpg

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Hey! Wait a second now! I am a Penguins fan.

You would be too if your intro to hockey was watching Mario Lemieux every game for 4 seasons. He was the greatest ever, and yes even greater than Gretzky. Lemieux could win games single handedly. He used to score goals by shooting the puck off the goalies back. He once bet a writer that if he scores a goal on the face off, the guy had to donate to Mario's charity. He did it. When the puck hit the ice he slapped it right in the goal. The guy was amazing. Look up his top ten on YouTube.

Name
JP
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

You would be too if your intro to hockey was watching Mario Lemieux every game for 4 seasons. He was the greatest ever, and yes even greater than Gretzky. Lemieux could win games single handedly. He used to score goals by shooting the puck off the goalies back. He once bet a writer that if he scores a goal on the face off, the guy had to donate to Mario's charity. He did it. When the puck hit the ice he slapped it right in the goal. The guy was amazing. Look up his top ten on YouTube.

All that I know is Toews > Crosby :owned:

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler

Please. Gretzky had more assists in his career than the next highest point scorer (Mark Messier) had points.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Mario was a much better goal scorer than Gretzky. Mario could drag two guys along and still make the goal. I would take him over Gretzky any day of the week.

Now as far as Crosby goes. I have never been that high on him. He can totally disappear in the playoffs. He is too easily taken out of the game. Mario on the other hand. It didn't matter what teams did. There was no taking him out of the game.

Plus Lemieux didn't have nearly as good a team as Gretzky did for most of his career. Jarri Curry, Mark Messier, and Paul Coffey. Three hall of famers. Who do you focus on? Mario was a one man show until 92 and a shortly after he retired.

Last edited:

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer

The Steelers are my AFC team.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't really have an alternate team. I actually have a hard time rooting for the Steelers because I am surrounded by their fans. I usually just pick the most likable team in the playoffs when the Rams are not in it. Heck, I even rooted for Seattle to win the SB in Detroit against the Steelers. I often root for Green Bay because that was my wife's team.

There are certain teams that I just cannot cheer for though, mostly because of identifying characters:
Cowboys- Jerruh
Steelers- Tomlin, Ben
Niners- Kaep, Harbaugh
Shehawks- Carroll, Sherman
Detroit- Taint, Suh

bluecoconuts

Legend
Mario was a much better goal scorer than Gretzky. Mario could drag two guys along and still make the goal. I would take him over Gretzky any day of the week.

Now as far as Crosby goes. I have never been that high on him. He can totally disappear in the playoffs. He is too easily taken out of the game. Mario on the other hand. It didn't matter what teams did. There was no taking him out of the game.

Plus Lemieux didn't have nearly as good a team as Gretzky did for most of his career. Jarri Curry, Mark Messier, and Paul Coffey. Three hall of famers. Who do you focus on? Mario was a one man show until 92 and a shortly after he retired.

Stamkos is a better pure goal scorer than Gretzky, but that doesn't make him better. Mario was great no doubt, but the great one is the great one. His hockey IQ was through the roof.

Also Toews is a whiny bitch. I lost respect for him when he cried to the media... and he keeps doing it. Such a great player and he had to pull that stunt to try and get calls... shameful.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler

I'm also a Penguins fan -- and I was introduced to them in the late 70's....when they flat-out sucked (and still wore blue uni's). On the plus side: back then, you could show up at the igloo on game day and score tix for $4.

So what did this die-hard Pens fan do when he grew up? He married a Flyers fan. Things get interesting at home when they face each other in the playoffs.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The only fan base I have anything against is the Eagles from the city of brotherly love...Because from the neck up their worth a nickel.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I know a lot of Eagles fans too and most are hard to take. The ones from Philly are not my kind of fan, for sure.

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I had the great displeasure of living in hell (some call it texas) for 9 years. I hated cowgirl fans before I moved there but after my time there they just make me want to puke. It nearly killed me when I had to root for them to beat the redskins for two years...

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
One of the nicest fan bases that I know is Buffalo.

I guess St. Louis is pretty good too because they give up their tickets to the visiting fans all the time:LOL:

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler

Wayne Gretzky was the best player on a team with multiple Hall of Famers. I don't see why that should be a knock on how good he is, especially considering how good he was throughout his career. That's like saying Priest Holmes was better than Marshall Faulk because he didn't have the supporting cast yet put up elite numbers.

But even if we go with that I don't agree with your assessment that Lemieux was a one man show until 1992. I suppose he didn't get much support from that same Paul Coffey (a Penguin from 86-92) that you said was a benefit to Gretzky. How about Ron Francis (90-98), Jaromir Jagr (90-01), and Larry Murphy (90-95) who all played with the Penguins prior to 1992? Two Hall of Famers and one lock whenever he decides that he doesn't want to play any more. Not to mention Kevin Stevens who put up 100 points in the 1991 and 1992 seasons.

Gretzky began his career as a one man show. When Gretzky joined the Oilers, their second highest scorer was Blair MacDonald. Who? Blair Friggin' MacDonald. It wasn't until Gretzky's third season that Glenn Anderson hit triple digit point scoring and it wasn't until his fourth season that Messier, Kurri, and Coffey started to shine.

Lemieux was without a doubt one of the best of all time, but Gretzky was unreal.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
Fun fact: Wayne and Brent Gretzky hold the record for points scored by two brothers in the NHL. Brent had 4 points.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
The only fan base I have anything against is the Eagles from the city of brotherly love...Because from the neck up their worth a nickel.
Philly wrestling fans can be quite awesome at times (ECW never would have worked if it were born anywhere BUT Philadelphia), but their baseball and football fans are quite the unpleasant lot in general.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Philly wrestling fans can be quite awesome at times (ECW never would have worked if it were born anywhere BUT Philadelphia), but their baseball and football fans are quite the unpleasant lot in general.

They had a court & jail in the old Verterans Stadium....Those fans could not spell CAT, if you spotted them the C and the A.