Why Cameron Lynch’s future with the Rams is bright

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JKBOGEN

JAKE OLIVER ELLENBOGEN
Why Cameron Lynch’s future with the Rams is bright
usatsi_9021046.jpg

http://theramswire.usatoday.com/2016/06/22/why-cameron-lynchs-future-with-the-rams-is-bright/
By: Jake Ellenbogen | June 22, 2016 6:30 pm ET

There is another former UDFA waiting in the wings to make an impact on the defensive side of the ball for the Los Angeles Rams.

The name is Cameron Lynch, and he’s a product of the Syracuse football program, while also being a member of the 2015 regular season roster for the Rams. Lynch made a name for himself on special teams last year, which got him the nod up to the 53-man roster.

Here is a small sample of the young Ram from his time with the Orange:

Stop me if you have heard this before, but Lynch is considered to be undersized for a prototypical NFL linebacker. Fortunately, the likes of Aaron Donald and Russell Wilson have changed our views on size just a bit over the recent years, at least for quite a few people.

The 22-year-old linebacker is entering his second season, and thankfully, he isn’t looking to fight for just a roster spot this year. Instead, he’s looking to carve out a bigger role for himself.

Lynch possesses some crazy athleticism, so much that in 2014 he was named on a list of the most freakish athletes in college football by NFL.com. Ready for the real shocker? He was listed four spots ahead of Rams star running back Todd Gurley.

What makes Lynch such an athletic freak? Well, for starters, he benched 29 reps at his pro day and recorded a 35-inch vertical jump. He ran a 4.7 second 40-yard dash and he can squat 620 pounds. Lynch is a scary athlete.

usatsi_8770691.jpg

Lynch could very well be looking at a larger role in 2016. Last year the Rams saw that he could play on special teams. However, this year could be different if he gets a chance to prove himself on defense. Defensive coordinator Gregg Williams, whom people call the “mad scientist,” could find a role for this young talent. While the Rams did draft Josh Forrest, it seems that Lynch has the upper hand with athleticism, experience and age.

There is no doubt the future looks bright for the young linebacker. The defensive line may have five first-round picks on it, but at the end of the day, the Rams have acquired a king’s ransom of UDFA talent over the last few years. Lynch is a part of that group, and now he’ll strive to become the next UDFA to become a starter.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I remember another time when the Rams took a chance on an undrafted, undersized LB with that kind of speed (but faster). It worked out pretty well.......................

and no I do NOT mean Ray Ray or Daren Bates.....:banghead:

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
It will be very interesting to see the battles at LB and WR positions. I just wonder how many will we keep.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
For some reason, I like Lynch and Chubb better than Forest....Someone convince me otherwise....

don't get me wrong, Forrest can play.....and it's a close battle

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Wow, just looking at the highlight videos, and I know that doesn't mean much, but I actually like the versatility that Brandon Chubb brings.

He displayed some ability to shed blocks too.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Finally we are adding some much needed depth at LB!!! :yess: