Who's your top 4 (Playoff) college teams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
One other thing 8 does is guarantee that the BCS conferences will all likely have a representative. Since those conferences do what they can to avoid playing each other during the season, it's very difficult to get a true read on who are the best teams. The SEC cannibalizes itself during the season, if Alabama had lost yesterday, could you imagine a playoff without an SEC team? If I wasn't a Missouri fan, I'd probably feel a little bad for the Big 12 screwing itself and TCU and Baylor in the process.

How long do you think it will be before the Big 12 decides to add a Conference Championship Game?

Win1-4Ned

Rookie

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
TCU wins 55-3 and drops from #3 to #6? Being an FSU fan I am just happy they are in the playoffs! Believe me - I was not sure they would! Not a big fan of this Playoff Committee but I do think they got the final 4 correct!

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How long do you think it will be before the Big 12 decides to add a Conference Championship Game?
I think they need to add 2 teams in order to be able to do so. IIRC a conference needs 12 teams to have a champ game?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
TCU wins 55-3 and drops from #3 to #6? Being an FSU fan I am just happy they are in the playoffs! Believe me - I was not sure they would! Not a big fan of this Playoff Committee but I do think they got the final 4 correct!

TCU should have been in over Ohio State. OSU got in on name value.

But I do like the match-ups. Saban vs. Meyer. Mariota vs. Winston. It's what I had predicted/expected they'd do.

Athos

Legend
IMO, after watching FSU's D, especially early on in games, and with Winston's penchant of throwing early picks, Oregon could blow that team out of the fucking water in the 1st half.

Anyway, while OSU deserved to get into the playoffs.....TCU deserved it. OSU lost to a 6-6 VT by 14. AT HOME!

TCU lost by 3 to BU and creamed KSU, and beat 4 teams who were ranked when beaten.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
TCU should have been in over Ohio State. OSU got in on name value.

But I do like the match-ups. Saban vs. Meyer. Mariota vs. Winston. It's what I had predicted/expected they'd do.
Jerry this is the first and only time i jhope I ever say this you sound like a mainstream media hack with tthis post. Ohio state pplayed good ball with their #2 and #3 qbs.

If the big twelve has no one to blame but themselves ttrying to get cute with "co" champs and hope to sneak 2 in. Ohio played lights out against wWisconsin and mmessed up their cute lil plan

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Jerry this is the first and only time i jhope I ever say this you sound like a mainstream media hack with tthis post. Ohio state pplayed good ball with their #2 and #3 qbs.

If the big twelve has no one to blame but themselves ttrying to get cute with "co" champs and hope to sneak 2 in. Ohio played lights out against wWisconsin and mmessed up their cute lil plan

Well, it won't be. I don't care what Ohio State did with their #2 and #3 QBs. That's who they had to play. TCU lost arguably their best defensive player in Devonte Fields before the season.

TCU deserved to make it. The reason the Big 12 did that was not to sneak TWO teams in. It was to keep from TCU being eliminated on that idiotic technicality.

TCU lost to a top 10 team. Ohio State lost to a shitty Virginia Tech team. TCU and Ohio State both played Minnesota, TCU beat them by 23 while Ohio State won by 7. TCU won in blowout fashion this last weekend. So did Ohio State.

Ohio State did not EARN their way in. They got in on name value. TCU deserved to go...and imo, TCU would beat Ohio State on a neutral field.

Ohio State blowing out Wisconsin just gave the Committee the excuse they needed to put them in. The Big 10 was unbelievably shitty this year.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Well, it won't be. I don't care what Ohio State did with their #2 and #3 QBs. That's who they had to play. TCU lost arguably their best defensive player in Devonte Fields before the season.

TCU deserved to make it. The reason the Big 12 did that was not to sneak TWO teams in. It was to keep from TCU being eliminated on that idiotic technicality.

TCU lost to a top 10 team. Ohio State lost to a crappy Virginia Tech team. TCU and Ohio State both played Minnesota, TCU beat them by 23 while Ohio State won by 7. TCU won in blowout fashion this last weekend. So did Ohio State.

Ohio State did not EARN their way in. They got in on name value. TCU deserved to go...and imo, TCU would beat Ohio State on a neutral field.

Ohio State blowing out Wisconsin just gave the Committee the excuse they needed to put them in. The Big 10 was unbelievably crappy this year.
Well maybe tcu deserved a spot had they not hhad a weak sos not just by a bit but considerably weaker then oOhio sstate

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well maybe tcu deserved a spot had they not hhad a weak sos not just by a bit but considerably weaker then oOhio sstate

And Ohio State played in a considerably weaker conference. That's an excuse. Ohio State got in because of the name and money associated with the program.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
QUOTE="jrry32, post: 467250, member: 572"]And Ohio State played in a considerably weaker conference. That's an excuse. Ohio State got in because of the name and money associated with the program.[/QUOTE]
Weaker conference maybe sstill played a strength of schedule ddouble that of tcu or bBaylor. Tcu blew out consistently weaker oopponents sos proves that

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And Ohio State played in a considerably weaker conference. That's an excuse. Ohio State got in because of the name and money associated with the program.
Weaker conference maybe sstill played a strength of schedule ddouble that of tcu or bBaylor. Tcu blew out consistently weaker oopponents sos proves that

Strength of Schedule:
http://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/strength-of-schedule-by-team
TCU - #26
Ohio State - #38

http://www.fbschedules.com/2014/04/2014-college-football-strength-of-schedule-ncaa-method/
TCU - #30
Ohio State - #35

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/
TCU - #42
Ohio State - #52

Does this change your opinion at all? :)

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Nope but i will openly admit to being a buckeye faithful love em as much as the Rams

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Nope but i will openly admit to being a buckeye faithful love em as much as the Rams