Who's Your #1 Ram Of All Time?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who's Your #1 Ram Of All Time?

• Deacon Jones

Votes: 26 20.8%
  • Merlin Olsen

Votes: 13 10.4%
  • Eric Dickerson

Votes: 17 13.6%
  • Jack Youngblood

Votes: 14 11.2%
  • Isaac Bruce

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • Marshall Faulk

Votes: 30 24.0%
  • Other (please name)

Votes: 10 8.0%

• Total voters

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
torn between Deacon Jones and Merlin Olsen. i saw the end of merlin's career, never saw deacon though, sadly enough. the deciding factor between the two would be how jones changed nfl rules due to how he played the game (not only for pass rushing, but was one of the first defensive linemen to make tackles from sideline to sideline on a regular basis.......) the front four for the Rams was great back then. to say, well one would not have had a great career without the other is true, going four ways as well.--Lamar Lundy and Rosey Grier were no slouches btw.)
Deacon Jones is remembered more easily than Merlin Olsen as well when people talk about past greats. No slight to Merlin, who was great in his own right, however, how great was Deacon then to be more easily remembered than a player who had 14 pro bowls in 15 years ? due to that thought, i vote Deacon.
Reverend Ike was third, i have issues with his final season's team choice. High class player who never complained about being on a sad franchise(prior GSOT), just went out and performed his job at a high level. Cudos to Jack Youngblood, Jackie Slater as well. all 5 of these high caliber player/persons were with the Rams for 10+ seasons , most, if not all, of which were played at a high level of skill.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Let me clarify that this isn't your FAVORITE Ram ever, but the BEST Ram in your opinion.

Many greats, Imo the honor could go to about 4-5 guys. I don't have the priviledge of saying I watched guys like Decon, ED, Youngblood when they played (however I've seen quite a few highlights), so I understand I may have a bias with my pick: Marshall Faulk. Having said there's no GSOT w/o Marshall, nor do the Rams have a Lombardi. Imo one of the best if not THE best all-around back ever.

There are so many. For me it was more like who I liked in a certain team. Early on I liked Roman Gabriel because I was a kid and loved the name. Then I liked Deacon too.........because of the name. As I started getting to understand players I really liked Isaiah Robertson. I liked Jack Youngblood of course too. I loved Billy Waddy and Pat Thomas from the 79 team....8 ints each that year......WOW!

Later my favorite was everyones favorite: Eric Dickerson. I really liked Jackie Slater then too.

I rooted hard for Jim Everett and Flipper for a few years. They were a great pair, and I loved Jerry Grey/Leroy Irvin and of course Henry Ellard.

Then in the 90s there was not a whole lot to cheer about. I always seemed to like DBs and Vince Newsome, was a brief favorite and then I really liked Toby Wright too. After that I was so excited when Ike came onto the scene. He was my instant favorite all through the GSOT years. I really liked Faulk too.

After all that the only one left to root for was SJ.

Now?? I hope Gurley gives me a reason to get behind him as a favorite. Otherwise I don't have any current favorite players.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Related question - who was the best actor in Rams' history? Obviously, I'm biased towards B-Movie star, Bounty papertowel spokesman, unsuccessful bodyguard Rosey Grier, but Merlin Olsen did have Little House On The Prairie among other things.

Roman Gabriel played JOHN WAYNE'S son "Blue Boy" in THE UNDEFEATED ..really a decent movie and Merlin Olsen was in the movie also. An after the civil war western . Gabriel had a love interest and risked his life to save the day as John Waynes son.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Roman Gabriel played JOHN WAYNE'S son "Blue Boy" in THE UNDEFEATED ..really a decent movie and Merlin Olsen was in the movie also. An after the civil war western . Gabriel had a love interest and risked his life to save the day as John Waynes son.
Thanks! Will have to check that out.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I chose Youngblood because he shared some time with Rich. Can't top that in my book.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I remember the Movie well. Gabriel looked good in long hair! Met him once on a flight from Chicago to L.A., I'm 6ft 190, I had to look up at him!! Big Man!!

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
I remember the Movie well. Gabriel looked good in long hair! Met him once on a flight from Chicago to L.A., I'm 6ft 190, I had to look up at him!! Big Man!!
He's half Philipino and Half Cherokee and played at North Carolina State like Torry Holt did. Wrote me when I was a kid and signed a picture addressed to my name as my dad new a close friend. The rest is history. Made a good indian in the movie as Dukes; kid.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
He's half Philipino and Half Cherokee and played at North Carolina State like Torry Holt did. Wrote me when I was a kid and signed a picture addressed to my name as my dad new a close friend. The rest is history. Made a good indian in the movie as Dukes; kid.
He's 6ft 5!! I'd like to know where he got the height from!?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
1) Deacon Jones - Redefined the position
1a) Merlin Olsen - Sustained excellence
2) Jack Youngblood - Toughness personified
3) Eric Dickerson - best pure runner ever
4) Marshall Faulk - best all around back ever

All greats and I don't mean any disrespect to Warner, Bruce, Holt, Fears, Hirsch, Mack, Van Brocklin, or Waterfield.

I coulda F'd with everyone and said Fred Dryer... I mean he had his own cop show...

But we've been very fortunate to have so many greats to choose from.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Loved his TV Series. " Hunter!" I often have wondered if there is a subliminal reason for picking that Name!
grew up enjoying this program.. Good stuff, and yes the co star was hot "back in the hormo racing days of my youth

Sgt Dee Dee bring the handcuffs over here :rolleyes:

…..

Legend
Deacon was before my time. I grew up idolizing Jack and Orlando Pace should be on the list. Despite all that....

I gotta go with Reverand Isaac for what he meant to this team before, during, and after our Super Bowl Championship.

Athos

Legend
Wasn't old enough for several of those. Can only pick those I actually saw.

Faulk did things with the football, as a RB, that I've never seen again out of a RB, and may never see again.

He was an elite RB who also PLAYED like a WR when running routes.

iBruce

Pro Bowler
Name
Cory
Such a hard choice. So many greats on there. Going with Isaac since it said nothing about best (skill-wise) Football player. Isaac is a guy everyone should look up to. A great man on and off the field.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I went with Deacon Jones, but love them all, including Warner. Merlin Olsen called Deacon "Our quick knife to the heart" in terms of cutting him loose and wrecking an offensive play. Also, Deacon coming from such a tiny school and being drafted in the 14th round is mind blowing. You almost have to ask, even though the color barrier had been broken years before, if there was still an issue with owners about underlying prejudice in 1961. Is that why he was on the board for so long? Deacon faced many trials regarding race during his time growing up and in the NFL and yet he remained focused and was one of the best players ever. The odds the Rams get a gem like him were as rare as having Warner also fall into out laps out of nowhere. Once every 40 +/- years!

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
Since I didn't see Tony Banks on the list, I had to choose Marshall Faulk. Best football player I've ever seen. Could do it all and was like having another coach on the field. Warner was my favorite Ram, but Faulk was the best IMO.