Who's Your #1 Ram Of All Time?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who's Your #1 Ram Of All Time?

• Deacon Jones

Votes: 26 20.8%
  • Merlin Olsen

Votes: 13 10.4%
  • Eric Dickerson

Votes: 17 13.6%
  • Jack Youngblood

Votes: 14 11.2%
  • Isaac Bruce

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • Marshall Faulk

Votes: 30 24.0%
  • Other (please name)

Votes: 10 8.0%

• Total voters

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Early yrs as a teenager.....Merlin Olsen

Later as a young adult Jack Youngblood

But my favorite all timer is Jackie Slater without him so many of those great RB's would have just been average & those great runs would never occurred.:bow:

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
I would have to call this a tie. To my way of thinking Deacon and Merlin were the best in the NFL ever at their positions. Not sure that can be said about any other Rams although arguments could be made for Faulk.

That said, we have been blessed with an incredible list of players throughout the years that other teams would be hard pressed to match.

Loved watching Dickerson run, maybe the best pure runner ever but Faulk was possibly the best all-around back I've ever seen.
Admired Youngblood's ferocity, grit and determination. Bruce was so smooth his greatness looked effortless.

How many great O-lineman have played for the Rams? We could field an entire team of All-Pros.

The greatness some of us have seen on this team over the generations is what makes exercises like this so much fun. Wonder what a 53 man roster of the best Rams ever would look like?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Wonder what a 53 man roster of the best Rams ever would look like?
This is the best I could come up with, on short notice:
* WR - Fear-Hirsch-Bruce-Holt-Snow-Ellard
* TE - Truax-Conwell
* ORT - Slater-Cowan
* ORG - Scibelli-Harrah
* OC - Iman-Saul-D.Smith
* OLG - Mack-K.Hill-Newberry
* OLT - Pace-Pankey
* RB - Faulk-Dickerson-Bass
* FB - Towler-Hoerner
* QB - Waterfield-VanBrocklin-Gabriel-Warner
ON DEFENCE:
* RDE - Robustelli-Lundy-Dryer-Wistrom
* RDT - Grier-Farr
* LDT - OLsen-Brooks
* LDE - Jones-Youngblood
* ROLB - Younger-I.Robertson
* MLB - Richter-Reynolds
* LOLB - Jim Youngblood-Brudzinski
* Safety - Meador-Elmendorf-Cromwell
* CB - Cross-R.Perry-L.Irvin-Light
ST:
* K - Ray-Dempsey
* KR - C. Bryant

Enjoy, Have at me, I could have worked in a few players!!:D

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
* TE - Truax-Conwell
* ORT - Slater-Cowan
* ORG - Scibelli-Harrah
* OC - Iman-Saul-D.Smith
* OLT - Pace-Pankey
* FB - Towler-Hoerner
ON DEFENCE:
* RDE - Robustelli-Lundy-Dryer-Wistrom
* RDT - Grier-Farr
* LDT - OLsen-Brooks
* LDE - Jones-Youngblood
* MLB - Richter-Reynolds
* Safety - Meador-Elmendorf-Cromwell
ST:
* K - Ray-Dempsey
* KR - C. Bryant

Correction Alert: Cut Wistrom, and Meador, and Add Kevin Greene and Dick'Night-Train' Lane! I think that's better! It's Terrible to have to go with only 54!!

paceram

Pro Bowler
Let me clarify that this isn't your FAVORITE Ram ever, but the BEST Ram in your opinion.

Many greats, Imo the honor could go to about 4-5 guys. I don't have the priviledge of saying I watched guys like Decon, ED, Youngblood when they played (however I've seen quite a few highlights), so I understand I may have a bias with my pick: Marshall Faulk. Having said there's no GSOT w/o Marshall, nor do the Rams have a Lombardi. Imo one of the best if not THE best all-around back ever.

I really HATE you asked this question! I have been beating my brains trying to come up with ONE player but it has been very, very difficult! I get ready to write Deacon Jones but then I remember Merlin Olsen and then I remember Jack Youngblood and then Roman Gabriel and Marshall Faulk and Kurt Warner and Isaac Bruce and Orlando Pace and Eric Dickerson and Jack Snow and etc, etc, etc! But, since you put BEST Ram I guess I will go with Marshall Faulk since he helped the Rams win their Superbowl (But, wait! So did Warner, Bruce, Pace, etc!)!

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
* TE - Truax-Holohan
* ORT - Slater-Cowan
* ORG - Scibelli-Harrah
* OC - Iman-Saul-D.Smith
* OLT - Pace-Pankey
* FB - Towler-Hoerner
ON DEFENCE:
* RDE - Robustelli-Lundy-Dryer-Greene
* RDT - Grier-Brooks
* LDT - OLsen-Farr
* LDE - Jones-Youngblood
* MLB - Richter-Reynolds
* Safety - Lane-Elmendorf-Cromwell
ST:
* K - Ray-Dempsey
* KR - C. Bryant

FIFY -- Brooks played opposite Olsen.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
ROMAN GABRIEL!

He may not be the "greatest Ram" as far as stats, etc. go but he is why I became a Rams fan all those years ago. Any Ram is great in my book!

RamWoodie

Legend
I voted my favorite of all time as Merlin Olsen! It was close because Deacon Jones and Jack Youngblood are also my favorites.

Merlin Olsen:
33725_1600x945.jpg

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
OK, But does that make him a better TE, or did Everett just ' elevate him ' with his passing!? Just wondering. I'll stick with Conwell.
Pete Holohan, IIRC, caught at least 6 passes per game from Everett. He was Everett's possession receiver, picking up many a 3rd down conversion.

As far as kickers, Mike Lansford, aka the barefoot kicker, never missed a clutch kick in his career, including one in frigid Chicago.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Related question - who was the best actor in Rams' history? Obviously, I'm biased towards B-Movie star, Bounty papertowel spokesman, unsuccessful bodyguard Rosey Grier, but Merlin Olsen did have Little House On The Prairie among other things.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Related question - who was the best actor in Rams' history? Obviously, I'm biased towards B-Movie star, Bounty papertowel spokesman, unsuccessful bodyguard Rosey Grier, but Merlin Olsen did have Little House On The Prairie among other things.
Woody Stroad! (sp.?)

paceram

Pro Bowler

He probably had short acting career but I did like Fred Dryer!

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
Had to look up Woody Strode. Pretty impressive acting resume. Probably moreso than his football career!

First Ram that came to my mind other than Merlin was Fred Dryer. Appeared in a couple of TV series back in the 80?