Who's Your #1 Ram Of All Time?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who's Your #1 Ram Of All Time?

• Deacon Jones

Votes: 26 20.8%
  • Merlin Olsen

Votes: 13 10.4%
  • Eric Dickerson

Votes: 17 13.6%
  • Jack Youngblood

Votes: 14 11.2%
  • Isaac Bruce

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • Marshall Faulk

Votes: 30 24.0%
  • Other (please name)

Votes: 10 8.0%

• Total voters

JackKirby

UDFA
Name
JackKirby
Merlin Olsen played in 14 consecutive Pro Bowls, back when that meant something.

Longevity? Thy name is Olsen.
Some of you youngsters and hipsters may not remember Tom Mack but there was no better OL in the game who can lead a sweep like Mack. I thank the football gods I saw him play many times in LA Coliseum and he was finally elected to the HOF.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
This is terribly subjective, hence there is no right or wrong answer...I saw Dickerson and damn, he was the most impressive RB I have ever seen...He had a weird running style, but he ran around people through people and pulled away from people...Go back and look at how many times he was caught from behind...Not many...

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
to steal a line from a Movie/ TV series, " there can be ONLY one .. and being probably the Oldest Fan here, I'll tell you ..
36aaf72882d96a3f9d41a51323070bf0.jpg

IT's Deacon Jones. With, as a Very, Very Very close second ..

Olsen!!.jpg
Merlin Olson!!
And I Defy ANYONE to argue with me!!!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Hands down, you haven't been a Rams fan long enough to pick anyone else but Merlin ... he is the greatest Rams EVER, not even close. Jones is great, but his greatness came because of Olsen.
You have a right to your opinion, no matter how WRONG it may be!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Merlin Olsen
College:
*All American
*Outland Trophy Winner
NFL:
*Rookie of the Year - 1962
*All-NFL 1964, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, & 1970.
*All-Western Conference (six times)
*All- NFC (twice)
*Picked on Ram's all time team, 1970.

*Played in 208 games, 198 games in a row.
* 14 Pro Bowls, in 15 years.

Merlin, and it aint close.

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/member.aspx?PLAYER_ID=168

First off nobody is saying Merlin isn't great! The college has nothing to do with him as a Ram though it's shows he was good in college too. In the end the beauty of these polls is everybody has an opinion and nobody is wrong. Deacon and Merlin were the anchor of our great defense for a very long time. We were lucky to have them.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
You can't convince me it's not Deacon! Invited the sack and was toughness/physicality personified.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Roman Gabriel . I wore his # 18 all through high school sports and now my son wears the same # .

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
I love all the Rams although ....For me it's Youngblood (Jack)..... his effort and ability to play through pain and do it at a high level inspired me and I ( as a much less talented player) patterned my game in a similar fashion. ..from high school all the way through a 15 year Simi pro carrer... plus like a lot of other Rams greats he was a high character guy.......;)

Go Rams.............. ;)

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Best Ram of all time? Tough questions need tough answers and
20-jack-youngblood-rams-1971_pg_600.jpg

Tougher players....The best Ram of all-time..../\

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Faulk was the best player in the NFL for 3 years with the Rams. It was an insane stretch of dominance.

But; not long enough to be the best. IMO

In 2001 I was still living in CLE and there was a tlak show host that was pretty good, actually very good but he was an annoying SOB. He had a topic on his show once about Faulk being our generations Jim Brown. Injuries caught up to Faulk too soon or that might have been the truth. Had he had a little better luck with those knees he may have put up 2000 yard from scrimmage a few more times than he did.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Faulk was the best player in the NFL for 3 years with the Rams. It was an insane stretch of dominance.

But; not long enough to be the best. IMO

In 2001 I was still living in CLE and there was a tlak show host that was pretty good, actually very good but he was an annoying SOB. He had a topic on his show once about Faulk being our generations Jim Brown. Injuries caught up to Faulk too soon or that might have been the truth. Had he had a little better luck with those knees he may have put up 2000 yard from scrimmage a few more times than he did.

SierraRam

Recreational User
ERIC DICKERSON

Very tough call, but this guy took an average team deep into the playoffs on his back...
His years with us were magic - Highlight reel runs every game - Total domination
images
images

What's cool here is we can make STRONG arguments for about 10 guys!

Last edited:

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Gawd! Might as well ask me to name my favorite child!

I'm old. Been a Ram fan since '67, so I've seen all of these greats play. These and many, many more.

I've loved watching them all play and I just can't bring myself to choose any single one over all the others.

I've loved them all.

Maybe that's a statement in itself. Lol.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Picking the best of the favorite is like deciding which of your kids you love best. All these guys were special players. I went nostalgic, but what QB was responsible for our only Superbowl? Kurt Warner deserves some recognition for that. Its all subjective, but fun to reminisce and go back to the days of our youth when remembering the Deacon, Merlin, Jack.

I'll bet everyone picked someone from their own era. What about Van Brocklin, Waterfield and Fears? Before our time but three of the all time greats.

Ram65

Legend
Let me clarify that this isn't your FAVORITE Ram ever, but the BEST Ram in your opinion.

Many greats, Imo the honor could go to about 4-5 guys. I don't have the priviledge of saying I watched guys like Decon, ED, Youngblood when they played (however I've seen quite a few highlights), so I understand I may have a bias with my pick: Marshall Faulk. Having said there's no GSOT w/o Marshall, nor do the Rams have a Lombardi. Imo one of the best if not THE best all-around back ever.

It would have to be Deacon as the best Ram of all time.

He changed the game.

Then you have Youngblood, Dickerson, Warner..........others

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
All of these choices are right, along with several others. For me, I've got to go with my hero,
Jack Youngblood.

GO RAMS!!!!