Who here has been a Rams fan the longest?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
I became a Rams fan at my first game in the Los Angeles Coliseum. My dad and I saw the Rams defeat the Baltimore Colts on December 6, 1958. I've been a loyal fan from that day forward.

The first NFL Game I watched (TV) was also a Rams vs Colts game but several years later. All I really remember was Roman Gabriel, Merlin Olsen AND Deacon Jones! At that time I didn't have a favorite NFL Team but I really liked the "Horns" and have been a very loyal Rams Fan ever since!

I was a fan pre Cleveland Rams days, as soon as I heard we were going to have a team called the Rams I thought, "they're for me".

ramfaninfla

nothin' left to do but SMILE, SMILE, SMILE!!!
since 77. grew up in NJ and hated the fans of Jets and Giants. I just could not root for those teams...........

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
1940 Always thought that Dutch Cark was a bum who would lead the team down.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
1971, I begged for a Rams uniform for Christmas, got it, and been a fan ever since.
I actually asked Santa for a Dolphins uniform ( Christmas 1973) .... lol I got a Rams uniform...... been a fan ever since...... Go Rams..... ;)

cracengl

Rookie
1821 for me.

I exercise and eat right.

1st grade or 1965 for me. Who could resist the helmets....

I mean 1820 & a 1/2 (Eat a lot of preservatives)

I bid one dollar Bob. I mean, it was a cold, cold January morning in 1820. Father had just woken me up from my 3 month old baby slumber. I ventured out into the fields to look at the barren fields ravaged by 3 feet of snow. It was then I knew that I must be a Rams fan.

So yeah, show me the money!

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Not me. 1995. First ever St. Louis Rams preseason game, played at the old cookie-cutter Busch Stadium, with my dad. Still have the cap they gave out somewhere.

Hooked.

Ever since, I've loved the Rams, despite leaving St. Louis in 1998 (for Columbia, then Tokyo, then Boston, with a couple years back in STL in between).

I was at the game against the Vikings (I think) when Pretty Tony Banks took his first NFL snap, at the Rams' 1-yard line, against one of the best teams in the league.

I was at the preseason game in 1999 when Rodney Harrison created the Greatest Show On Turf. My dad and I argued about who we hoped wasn't hurt - I said "Man, I hope that's not Green." He said, "Man, I hope that's not Faulk." Turns out he was right.

I was at the postseason game in 2003, when Martz decided not to go for it at the end of regulation, took the FG and overtime. I was pissed. So was Dad. I wanted to see at least one attempt at a back-corner fade pass before kicking.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
Since 1980. 34 years. First year I could understand what the heck was going on :)

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Born in Burbank short stint in No. Hollywood then off to Thousand Oaks ( Newbury Park Actually) at 7.Your Spelling is right That's Northridge right or is it Reseda?
The Valley was quite different back then, lots of space and orchards. I am in Santa Clarita now it's adjacent to the SF valley but more like the valley was when we grew up.
Your neck of the woods now is quite nice I have considered retiring somewhere between No cal and Seattle, Southern to central Oregon is quite lovely. I am always looking for a place to retire in my travels
It was Canoga Park - right on the border of Northridge. My dad bought the old run down original farm house next to a big housing development. It had been abandoned for years and the local kids used it to trash and party in. The pool looked like a swamp and there was garbage and crap everywhere throughout the house. Half the house was actually a barn and horse stalls. But it was on a full acre and had a junior Olympic sized pool, a pretty good sized shop, and a big garden area. My dad could see the potential in the place through all the weeds, debris, and garbage.

My dad rebuilt the house and made the stalls into our bedrooms. So yeah - I was raised in a barn. :D The Valley was WAY different then. Mostly orange and walnut orchards from Parthenia to the area around where the mall went in. There was a big barley field behind the Dale's market where my brother and I used to ride our dirt bikes.

I remember when the Northridge mall was built. What a huge thing for that area. Instead of heading for the beach on the weekends, a lot of Valleys headed to the mall instead. Started a whole new culture around there. Now those orchards and barley fields are run down "condos" and industrial parks. I don't even like to drive through the area anymore.

We love it up here in Oregon. It's a little wet but a lot of great things come with the rain. If you are ever up in our neck of the woods, let me know.

Stu