Who here has been a Rams fan the longest?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
76....but I remember 75...I still think they had/wore blue & white uni's then, but somebody has told me my memory is off....Damn glaucoma medicine!
Wendal Tyler replaced (very slowly) my fav RB McCutcheon...and that kid from Penn. St. Still remember Cullen Bryant returning kicks...Rod Perry....Nolan Cromwell...and my all time favorite Ram, Jack Youngblood....Ferragamo threw a pretty deep ball. So did Haden...I always hated Broadway Joe...Stole money...Jaws wasn't sh!t....And I'll never understand why James Harris wasn't given 3 years to straighten us out...1976....seems like a long time ago....We ate the 9'ers for lunch back then....Felt sorry for them boys...felt sorry for Archie Manning too...
Off topic, I went to summer camp at UCLA in 77 or 78...and one of my counselors was Billy Don Jackson...crazy story about him...but he was a great guy....LB from UCLA...they later made a scandal about how he got into school....Some early memories about football....the thing I remember, he let us play tackle w/out pads even though he said we couldn't....

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@VegasRam is in the lead. Let's see if anyone can top 1959. My year was 1962. Damn there are some old geezers here at ROD. :) Only posted this to hear some stories about what you all remember from your earliest days as Rams fanatics.

Here's one of mine. In 1973 my ex's brother had season tickets to the 49ers. Yeah, he was a dumbass. I went with him, his wife, and my ex-wife on the 49ers booster bus to Candlestink Park. The Rams pounded them 37-14 - I remembered it was a butt kicking but had to look up the score. I was pretty drunk on the way home, made an ass of myself, and was threatened on several occasions. Good times!!!

rickrawk

Starter
Name
Rick
Since 1962, but I got my first Rams helmet and pajamas in '57. My dad and grandpa were fans of the Cleveland Rams.

GO RAMS!!!!

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Just a few years behind you. 1967 for me. Both my dad and grampa were Ram fans as well. I was five years old when my dad bought me a blue and white Rams uniform complete with lint shoulder pads and foam inserts in the legs. I used to go out to our stucko wall in front of our house and ram my helmet against it so it would look like the fearsome foursome's helmets. I loved going to games at the Coliseum with my dad and sitting in the sun on those old bench seats watching my Rams. People often think being a hardcore fan is silly but I have SO many memories of time spent with my dad or good friends watching the Rams. It's so much more than just a team to watch. They are part of me.

All that being said, I know there are others on here that have been Ram fans for longer. Too bad my dad won't join the site. I think he'd have you all beat. He used to stop and watch the Rams practice on his way home from school.
Great story 503. I have told you before our Ram experiences are quite similar. My grandfather who was an athlete at SC would tell us stories of the Trojans and how he beat Bob Beamon in track and had a trophy to prove it. He was quite an athlete or so he said. My dad no longer with us gave me and my brother that blue and white uniform for Christmas. we would beat each other over the head with anything we could find. Being a Ram fan is all the great things about my childhood. If they were ever to become the shanghai Rams and I would still root for them.

Gomorgan

UDFA
I became a Rams fan at my first game in the Los Angeles Coliseum. My dad and I saw the Rams defeat the Baltimore Colts on December 6, 1958. I've been a loyal fan from that day forward.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
shouldn't this be based on percentage of your life that you have been a Rams fan

:sneaky:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I became a Rams fan at my first game in the Los Angeles Coliseum. My dad and I saw the Rams defeat the Baltimore Colts on December 6, 1958. I've been a loyal fan from that day forward.

Gomorgan takes the lead. A million fake ROD dollars brings him out of the shadows for his first post. :banana:

The Rams won 30-28 and Del Shofner caught 5 passes for 175 yards and 1 TD. The Rams went 8-4 that season. I was 7 and still living in Germany with no clue about the NFL.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
shouldn't this be based on percentage of your life that you have been a Rams fan:sneaky:

Start your own thread for that.

1zy8zd2.jpg

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
@VegasRam is in the lead. Let's see if anyone can top 1959. My year was 1962. Damn there are some old geezers here at ROD. :) Only posted this to hear some stories about what you all remember from your earliest days as Rams fanatics.

Here's one of mine. In 1973 my ex's brother had season tickets to the 49ers. Yeah, he was a dumbass. I went with him, his wife, and my ex-wife on the 49ers booster bus to Candlestink Park. The Rams pounded them 37-14 - I remembered it was a butt kicking but had to look up the score. I was pretty drunk on the way home, made an ass of myself, and was threatened on several occasions. Good times!!!
Oh PT, thank god for Bob and Bill or I would still be that guy. I remember parts of a similar story and Minnesota fans that were family and friends of a good friend of mine. I never took losses well in my younger days especially against certain teams and I am sure I made quite the ass of myself (or at least I was told ) while hiding the pain behind a few pints.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Great story 503. I have told you before our Ram experiences are quite similar. My grandfather who was an athlete at SC would tell us stories of the Trojans and how he beat Bob Beamon in track and had a trophy to prove it. He was quite an athlete or so he said. My dad no longer with us gave me and my brother that blue and white uniform for Christmas. we would beat each other over the head with anything we could find. Being a Ram fan is all the great things about my childhood. If they were ever to become the shanghai Rams and I would still root for them.
Yep. I remember. My uncles went to USC and my dad and his brothers went to Notre Dame HS in the valley. My dad went to Pierce College before joining the Navy. Our house in the valley was at the corner of Corbin and Parthenia (sp?). That's where I honed my helmet bashing skills. o_O My brother wasn't really into football even though he liked playing and was a pretty good LB. Funny because his team had the same colors as the Rams at the time - no horns of course.

Where did you grow up?

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
I think it was 72 when I went to my first game with dad and grandad. Sat at the 40 yard line against the Vikings. Been a fan since then.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Where did you grow up?

Born in Burbank short stint in No. Hollywood then off to Thousand Oaks ( Newbury Park Actually) at 7.Your Spelling is right That's Northridge right or is it Reseda?
The Valley was quite different back then, lots of space and orchards. I am in Santa Clarita now it's adjacent to the SF valley but more like the valley was when we grew up.
Your neck of the woods now is quite nice I have considered retiring somewhere between No cal and Seattle, Southern to central Oregon is quite lovely. I am always looking for a place to retire in my travels

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
The year was 1972.

I didn't pay much attention to football but a friend of mine was collecting the stickers for his NFL Action '72 sticker book. He was a Viking fan. I started off helping to collect Viking stickers and watching the games with him. But then I started really noticing the Rams stickers. The Rams horns. And that was it. I dumped the Viking collecting for Rams collecting and have been a fan ever since.

I was 10.

52 now.

If I do the math right that's 42 years.

And yes--I LIVED TO SEE THEM WIN A SUPERBOWL!!!!! If I had somehow, being from southeastern PA , liked the Eagles wings I'd still be waiting for that wonderful moment.

People ask me how on earth I became a Rams fan.

The horns.

It's no more complicated than that.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
I was 7 or 8 year was 76 or 77 somewhere in there. My Italian uncle bet me a dollar and I had to pick the winner of the Rams/Steelers game. Long story short is picked the Rams and they won. Had my mother buy me a Rams shirt from the Sears catalog and was made fun of because it wasn't a Patroits jersey. That just made me like them more lol.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Shitty thing was, my Dad grew up in Canada, so wasn't really in to football. He was a salesman, and got tickets once in awhile. I used to bug the shit out of him to go to the games. We'd always get a Phillipee's sandwich -God they were good. Sorry for y'all don't know what I'm talking about.

AZRamsFan93

Since 1967 for me. I was born in the Pacific Northwest, and the only 2 NFL teams on the west coast were the Rams and 49ers. I couldn't stand the whiners as a 6 year old!!! AFL teams were not even considered.

I think it was the horns!