Who are your Favorite Rams, At any Position, All-Time!!?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
All of them!!!...Except for Craig Dahl.....and Drew Bennett....and Lawrence Phillips...and......

Frogbelly

Rookie
Name
Frogbelly
Dave got most of my favorites. A few of my own I would add, mostly from the blue/white years:

CB Clancy Williams
TE Bob Klein
LB Jack Pardee
KR (Fearless) Alvin Haymond (short-timer with the Rams, but memorable to me.)
Alvin Haymond is one my favorite Rams all time. Back when there were no Special Team coaches, the Captains ran it. He called his coverage teams Haymond's Headhunters.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
While these players^ are all really good, I don't think they deserve to be on the List Quite Yet!;) They are all just getting started!!:D

Well considering I only have a little over 10 years of players I've seen, most of which I was either too young to know what was happening or during bad, bad teams my choices are very limited. :football:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  1. Deacon Jones
  2. Jack Youngblood (I don't care if it's the same position)
  3. Kurt Warner (Only QB to win a Super Bowl)
  4. Merlin Olsen
  5. Jack "Hacksaw" Reynolds
  6. Tom Mack
  7. Jackie Slater
  8. Rich Saul
  9. Lawrence McCutcheon
  10. Dave Elmendorf
I Like your List, But remember the Rams did have two other QB's that Won League Championships!!;)

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
QB: Warner, Ferragamo
RB: McCutcheon, Dickerson, Faulk, Gurley
WR: Snow, Jackson, Ellard, Bruce
TE: Holohan, Conwell
OL: Saul, Harrah, Mack, Slater, Pace
DL: Deacon, Merlin, Jack Youngblood, Jack Dryer, Larry Brooks, Chris Long, The Mighty Quinn, Donald
LB: Hacksaw, Isaiah Robertson, Roman Phifer, Kevin Greene
S: Elmendorf, Cromwell, Toby Wright, TJ Mac.
CB: Nighttrain, Gray, Irvin, Lyght, Aeneus Williams, Tru
K: Wilkins
P: Johnny Hek

Mr. Ram: Cullen Bryant
You caught one player I missed, that I wish I had on My List, CB Night-Train Lane!! ( With out checking, I may be wrong, But I think he Played Safety!)

Edit Note: Just checked, Lane didn't play Safety, Back in his day ( Early 50's) they called it RDH or LDH, They started calling them CB's in 1960! There's some Trivia for you!

Last edited:

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
This team has historically had awful production at the TE position. I had to work a bit of Google-Fu to find the franchise leader for receptions by a TE, something called Billy Truax. A whopping 180 grabs in horns. Better yet, Lance Kendricks will be poised to pass him by within a year, assuming he doesn't lose time to the new kids.

*These Google-Fu results are not guaranteed to be 100% accurate.
You caught one player I missed, that I wish I had on My List, CB Night-Train Lane!! ( With out checking, I may be wrong, But I think he Played Safety!)
you might know from watching live, but they had him listed at CB.

Before my time.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If I had to pick one, that I saw play; Isaac Bruce

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I Like your List, But remember the Rams did have two other QB's that Won League Championships!!;)

Yes Bob Waterfield and the Flying Dutchman Norm Van Brocklin, however, Warner was the first to lead the Rams to a Super Bowl victory and it was in my lifetime, so Kurt makes my list.

Frogbelly

Rookie
Name
Frogbelly
Some of my other favs:

QB Gabriel, Hadl, Warner
RB Bass, Dickerson, Faulk,
WR Hirsch, Bucky Pope, Ellard, Anderson, Bruce, Holt

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
For sentimental reason it has to be Roman Gabriel. Me and my late best friend used to cheer the Ram on every Sunday and he was our hero. Jack Snow would high on that list too. As the years went on Jack Youngblood would be up there. Along with Eric Dickerson. The 90's were a blur. Kinda like Woodstock. I was there but I don't remember much.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
For sentimental reason it has to be Roman Gabriel. Me and my late best friend used to cheer the Ram on every Sunday and he was our hero. Jack Snow would high on that list too. As the years went on Jack Youngblood would be up there. Along with Eric Dickerson. The 90's were a blur. Kinda like Woodstock. I was there but I don't remember much.
I would probably add Gabriel to my list too, although I don't remember him as much as Snow. (But enough to make the combination of both my handle)

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
These are my 'favorite Rams' in order, per their respective position:
DE- Jack YOungblood,Robert Quinn, Leonard Little,Fred Dryer,
DT- Aaron Donald, Larry Brooks, Brockers, Ray Agnew for 1 year (1999), Jeff Zsgonia,
LB-LONDON Fletcher (should be hof) Kevin Green, Mike Wilcher, Jim Youngblood, Isaiah Robertson, Jack Reynolds,Jo Lonn Dunbar (low on talent, but ultra tough)
CB- Pat Thomas, Jerry Gray,Gary Green, Leroy Irvin, Aenas W., Todd Lyght, and Archuleta against Terrell Owens for part of 1 game, Rod Perry, Trumaine Johnson, Janoris J,Darryl Henly (yes)
Safety- Vince Newsome, Cromwell, Bill Simpson, Toby Wright, Keith Lyle, Archuleta, TJ McDonald,
OL- Jackie Slater, Kent Hill, Tom Newberry, Dennis Harrah (1979 to 1987 of great guard play), Bill Bain, Doug France, Irv Pankey (was a great run blocker early in his career), Orlando Pace, Tucker at RT in 2000, Fred Miller at LG in 1998, Greg Robinson (ya, I know, but I love the kid), Rob Havenstein, Zach Wiegart. I am not a big fan of ORlando Pace, except for 4 years or so--he is not a HOFer in my opinion, not even close.
RB-DIckerson, Faulk, Greg Bell, Bettis, McCutcheon, Amp Lee, Robert Delpino, Lawrence Phillips (yep, I liked him, even though he was mediocre, so fun to watch fail and succeed)
QB- Warner, Everett, Trent Green, Ferragamo, Jared Goff, Chris Chandler, Chris Miller (very, very short Ram careers)
WR- Isaac Bruce, Torry Holt, Henry Ellard, Harold Jackson, Ron Jessie, Ronnie Wood, Az Hakim, Kevin Curtis
TE-Ernie Conwell, Pete Holohan Roland Williams (bull dog blocker), Charlie Young, David HIll, MIke Barber, Bob Klein,
Punt Returner- Ellard, Leroy Irvin,
Kicker- Jeff Wilkins, Legatron, Tom Dempsey, Rafeal Septien, Mike Lansford
Punter- Hekker, Dale Hatcher,

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Strongest all time Ram (relative to era): Cullen Bryant....I love watching him even now
Fastest: Ron Brown...and he made some big catches, and did some big things to win games,even though he wasn't a great WR.
Hardest Hitter: Toby Wright
Smartest: Kevin Curtis (supposedly), but Faulk really.
Meanest: Youngblood
Best Technique: Aeneas Williams
Worst draft pick in 1st round: Bill Hawkins, Gaston Green, Mike Schad, L Phillips (he ran a 4.45 at 208 pounds, but then later was 'weighed' in at 230, but didn't run his 40 at that weigh-in weight. A beautiful deception. He was a scat back, never a big back in college).

Last edited:

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Torry Holt, so much fun to watch and was good for 1 big play a week, even made mark Bulger look good towards the end of his career.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Yes Bob Waterfield and the Flying Dutchman Norm Van Brocklin, however, Warner was the first to lead the Rams to a Super Bowl victory and it was in my lifetime, so Kurt makes my list.
I hear you, they where all in my lifetime!;):D

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
[B said:
QB[/B]- Warner, Everett, Trent Green, Ferragamo, Jared Goff, Chris Chandler, Chris Miller (very, very short Ram careers)
Ooops, forgot Marc Bulger....good thrower

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
Isaac Bruce, Kurt Warner, Marshall Faulk, Tom Newberry, Jim Everett, Willie Anderson, Aaron Donald, Jared Goff, Robert Woods, Eric Dickerson, Steven Jackson, Ricky Proehl, Jerry Gray.

I’m sure I’ll think of a dozen more.... :)

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
These are my 'favorite Rams' in order, per their respective position:
DE- Jack YOungblood,Robert Quinn, Leonard Little,Fred Dryer,
DT- Aaron Donald, Larry Brooks, Brockers, Ray Agnew for 1 year (1999), Jeff Zsgonia,
LB-LONDON Fletcher (should be hof) Kevin Green, Mike Wilcher, Jim Youngblood, Isaiah Robertson, Jack Reynolds,Jo Lonn Dunbar (low on talent, but ultra tough)
CB- Pat Thomas, Jerry Gray,Gary Green, Leroy Irvin, Aenas W., Todd Lyght, and Archuleta against Terrell Owens for part of 1 game, Rod Perry, Trumaine Johnson, Janoris J,Darryl Henly (yes)
Safety- Vince Newsome, Cromwell, Bill Simpson, Toby Wright, Keith Lyle, Archuleta, TJ McDonald,
OL- Jackie Slater, Kent Hill, Tom Newberry, Dennis Harrah (1979 to 1987 of great guard play), Bill Bain, Doug France, Irv Pankey (was a great run blocker early in his career), Orlando Pace, Tucker at RT in 2000, Fred Miller at LG in 1998, Greg Robinson (ya, I know, but I love the kid), Rob Havenstein, Zach Wiegart. I am not a big fan of ORlando Pace, except for 4 years or so--he is not a HOFer in my opinion, not even close.
RB-DIckerson, Faulk, Greg Bell, Bettis, McCutcheon, Amp Lee, Robert Delpino, Lawrence Phillips (yep, I liked him, even though he was mediocre, so fun to watch fail and succeed)
QB- Warner, Everett, Trent Green, Ferragamo, Jared Goff, Chris Chandler, Chris Miller (very, very short Ram careers)
WR- Isaac Bruce, Torry Holt, Henry Ellard, Harold Jackson, Ron Jessie, Ronnie Wood, Az Hakim, Kevin Curtis
TE-Ernie Conwell, Pete Holohan Roland Williams (bull dog blocker), Charlie Young, David HIll, MIke Barber, Bob Klein,
Punt Returner- Ellard, Leroy Irvin,
Kicker- Jeff Wilkins, Legatron, Tom Dempsey, Rafeal Septien, Mike Lansford
Punter- Hekker, Dale Hatcher,
Did you just mention Archuleta not once but twice, one of the biggest draft bust of all time? We’re looking for the best not the bust.