White Castle - Love Them or Hate Them and - Why?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

White Castle Sliders

• Wonderful tidbit of beefy joy

• Disgusting thing resembling food that I only eat when hammered

• Couldn't hold a candle to a Lemon Jelly Filled Donut

• Rat Burger unfit for human consumption

• Need more room in the booth for my fat ass

• Give me a Crave Case to go

• I'm too young to remember the Wendy's old lady

Results are only viewable after voting.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, they got in trouble or sued or something from a vegetarian group for adding the beef flavor to the fries.
No White Castle where I live or grew up, have never had it.
I try to hit the local burger joints rather than the fast food chains if I want a burger.
Where I grew up (SLO, Ca) there were two great places. Scrubby N Lyoids was the best. Little tiny place that sat about 10 people and had a walk up window. Bishop Burger was great when I was in high school, probably ate there 4 times a week.
Back in my day....
Ah yes... Scrubby's. Freaking hole in the wall serving GREAT burgers. That was Americana right there. Forced out when they tore the building down if I recall. Don't recall ever eating at Bishop.

Did you ever venture into Avila and have a burger at the Custom House? That right there was my favorite burger in the area.

It was all about Virgil's when I was in HS in Atascadero. Like In-n-Out, it was just a good ole messy burger and fries. The Virgil sauce (basically mustard, mayo, and pepper) made the burgers. Cruisin' town on Thursday night and pulling into Virgil's to meet up with practically the whole high school. Good times.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
And if it wasn't Krystal, it was Taco Bell.
Dunno man. Never want to see fourth meal for the second time. Still, it was hard for me to resist a Bell Beefer when I had a buzz on. Anyone remember those? Hell - they don't even have Enchiritos anymore. Couple Enchiritos with sour cream, onions, and extra black olives - freaking awesomeness when I had the munchies.

Might be a fun thread - What did you eat as a late night meal or what are your favorite foods to tame the munchies?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
So who's winning that poll?

They good or bad?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Might be a fun thread - What did you eat as a late night meal or what are your favorite foods to tame the munchies?
Well, I already said Taco Bell, because they were open 24/7. So you can imagine how much we'd order at 3:00 in the morning after getting back in town from the clubs. Other than that, when I used to get stupid high with my friends, I'd order from Domino's at 1:00 a.m. about 4 times a week (after I got back home). It was always one medium pizza with double cheese and triple bacon. :eek: It got to the point that they knew who I was when I would call. And now that I think about it, my ridiculous LDL and HDL levels are starting to make sense now. I had some putrid eating habits in my early 20's.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
What about that sick torture that was JackNDaBx Fancy Fiest tacos complete with wilted deep fried grease soaked lettuce. I mean why bother with the lettuce at that point?

And for anyone from south side, Courtesies' slingers? I remember going there one night and a dumb Miami vice wannabeathug tries to act all impatient better than the crowd of hoosiers around hi I guess, runs off to his car without paying and leaves his freakin keys on the counter. We all had a good laugh at the yuppie he came back to trade money for his keys.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
What about that sick torture that was JackNDaBx Fancy Fiest tacos complete with wilted deep fried grease soaked lettuce. I mean why bother with the lettuce at that point?

And for anyone from south side, Courtesies' slingers? I remember going there one night and a dumb Miami vice wannabeathug tries to act all impatient better than the crowd of hoosiers around hi I guess, runs off to his car without paying and leaves his freakin keys on the counter. We all had a good laugh at the yuppie he came back to trade money for his keys.
Ahh yes the immortal slinger and Jack in the Crack deep fried monster tacos. Two iconic foods! I don't believe you can get the monster taco any more and I haven't been to an OT Hodge chili parlor (my fave slinger) in a long time. They closed the downtown location quite a while back. Loved that place. Not sure if the Jefferson or Union Station locations are still there.

For those that don't know what a "slinger" is: it is two open faced cheeseburger patties with skillet fried potatoes on the side and two eggs any way you like them all covered up with chili and a couple of slices of toast on the side.

Last edited:

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
Uncle Bills makes a fine slinger too. It's enormous like everything they make.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I eat White Castle chicken sandwiches. They are awesome. Real white meat, on a slider bun. White Castle also has THE best french fries in all of fast food: Crinkle cuts.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
WC were the only choice at 3AM long ago. Either they weren't bad fres.h or I was just drunk!
It isn't like I was looking for the gourmet special, as I was usually down to my last few bucks by that point anyway.

fearsomefour

Legend
Ah yes... Scrubby's. Freaking hole in the wall serving GREAT burgers. That was Americana right there. Forced out when they tore the building down if I recall. Don't recall ever eating at Bishop.

Did you ever venture into Avila and have a burger at the Custom House? That right there was my favorite burger in the area.

It was all about Virgil's when I was in HS in Atascadero. Like In-n-Out, it was just a good ole messy burger and fries. The Virgil sauce (basically mustard, mayo, and pepper) made the burgers. Cruisin' town on Thursday night and pulling into Virgil's to meet up with practically the whole high school. Good times.
Nice.
Yeah Scrubby's was the bomb.
I had a few at Virgil's as well. Never had a burger at the Custom House, although I ate there and it was always great.
Going back here in the next week and plan on hitting up Jacko's for a big giant steak.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug

We had SpeedyBurger when I was at Cal Poly in the early 70's. Right on the corner of Foothill and 101. Little hole in the wall with a walk-up window. GREAT burgers.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I will only eat the chicken.

My buddy was home from a short tour in Korea and said he wanted to go to White Castle...I put it off for as long as I could but finally we went one day after playing basketball.

I ordered some chicken ring sandwiches and then, just for fun, their new vegetarian slider. I open it up and you can see little pieces of vegetables (or what I assumed was vegetables), and it was GREEN. Took a bite just to say I did it, and then passed it around for other people to try.

I am not a fan of white castle...but their chicken isn't too bad

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Me don't likey. Cheap burgers. Like mini McDonalds. Voted Rat Burger.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Well, I already said Taco Bell, because they were open 24/7. So you can imagine how much we'd order at 3:00 in the morning after getting back in town from the clubs. Other than that, when I used to get stupid high with my friends, I'd order from Domino's at 1:00 a.m. about 4 times a week (after I got back home). It was always one medium pizza with double cheese and triple bacon. :eek: It got to the point that they knew who I was when I would call. And now that I think about it, my ridiculous LDL and HDL levels are starting to make sense now. I had some putrid eating habits in my early 20's.
Taco Bell, and Jack in the Crack. All about the munchies, or trying to avoid a massive hangover. I love those cheap ass greazy tacos (2 for a buck) from the Box. Also have great poppers.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
BTW - When my wife and I were in Reno, we ate at Aweful Aweful Burger. Gotta say - that is one very good burger. Messy, juicy, huge, and comes with a metric ton of fries. I highly recommend it.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Didn't see a white Castle when in the usa. We went to in n out once and couldn't understand why it was so packed. They were ok burgers.

The family loved Johnny rockets burgers. Every time we passed one we had to walk in.

Maccas is maccas. It tastes the same no matter which country you're in. It was like a haven to us when we wanted cheap food and we knew what to expect. Traveling and eating at restaurants gets to you, in the hip pocket and on your taste buds. Especially the hip pocket when you're in tourist spots.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
rawImage.jpg

Not, White Castle.