Which two wideouts will step up to help "Gurley" when he steps to the field?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
That actually made me snort (out loud).
Is there like an anagram for that? Like, instead of LOL, I can just type SOL?

Oh wait. That one's already taken.

I laughed just typing it initially. Guy that started the thread introduced himself even though we can see his screen name. The funniest part, he introduced himself in another thread the same way. Thought that was funny. And I should participate haha.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i think the "real"question is - can gurley and the receivers be good enough to stop defenses focusing on tavon? they always seem to have a scheme to limit his effectiveness. once they have to account for other skill players maybe tavon will be able to cause some havoc. he's a chance to take it to the endzone every time he touches the ball in space.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

And we could put this guy on third base.

pykMcAE.jpg
Obama-scratching-head.jpg

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Well I myself am hoping that Gurley is the real deal and shows it from the get go.That would open up our passing game when the D stacks the box.

Thats what I was thinking. Instead of WR's opening things up for Gurley, I think they want it the other way around. Running with success opens up play action and the deep ball. Although I haven't see any deep attempts from Foles I'm hoping its just the preseason vanilla thing. If they throw deep a few times, its gotta loosen up the defense over the middle on the intermediate routes. If everything is short, well, Checkdown Sam becomes Checkdown Nick and the defenses smile.

jap

Legend

i think the "real"question is - can gurley and the receivers be good enough to stop defenses focusing on tavon? they always seem to have a scheme to limit his effectiveness. once they have to account for other skill players maybe tavon will be able to cause some havoc. he's a chance to take it to the endzone every time he touches the ball in space.

I like Tavon, but he is too small to be effective by himself. His big play ability has been limited by the fact that NFL defensive coordinators have absolutely no intention of allowing this guy to roam with the rock in space if they can help it---they have all seen the same highlight videos we have and more.

That's one of the reasons I loved the selection of the Gurley Man---big, imposing runner with outstanding instincts, balance, power, speed, & quickness who is going to demand special defensive focus. Well, NFL DC's, you can only focus on so many special athletes at a time. Try to blanket Tavon now with multiple defenders with Gurley available to terrorize your D. Try and stack the box against the Gurley Man and leave some hapless DB one-on-one against our little big man.

Are there any two mismatch nightmares anywhere else in the NFL on any other team? :sneaky::LOL: