Which Ram most likely to be unloaded in draft day trade...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Wow, a little argumentative there huh? I just said that I wouldn't trade him. It's your opinion that they will LOSE all of those DE's in 2016. Their contracts will expire but doesn't mean the Rams won't retain them on new contracts.

I'm sorry. I shouldn't have snapped the way I did at you.

Still...you have Chris Long who will count fourteen million against the cap in the 2016-2017 season, and they can't restructure it further because it'll be the last year. Hayes, Sims, and Fairley could easily get larger contracts and larger roles from teams who need them, and we still have to pay Brockers, Barron, and maybe Quick if he recovers fully and has a hell of a year.

They don't have much at defensive tackle depth except for Fairley, and this is pretty much another prove-it deal for him. If he's awful or gets arrested again, he'll find himself out of the league very quickly. If he blows it up, he's going to be looking for starter money somewhere else. Either way, he's likely gone by the end of the season.

Hayes and Sims are above thirty at the end of this season. This is their last chance at a big contract. We know that Hayes could start at left end for some teams. We know that Sims is the best fourth defensive end in the game and could easily push to be third on a lot of teams. We're lucky to have them as inexpensive as we do (although Hayes costs the eleventh-most out of everyone).

Thing of the matter is, we need cap space to lock up guys like Brockers, Barron, Zuerlein, Cunningham, maybe Johnson, Harkey, and Bates (in 2016), McDonald, Ogletree, possibly Austin and Bailey, maybe Westbrooks (2017), Donald, Robinson, Gaines, maybe Mason, Joyner, and Rhaney (2018). That means that we'll have to make unpopular decisions if we want to keep our window open. Like it or not, what the Seahags are doing (by that, I mean trading players or letting players go who will demand money and finding talents from the draft to replace them) is what we're going to have to do.

We have twenty-seven free agents in 2016 alone. That number will drop depending on cuts and draft picks. That's why I'm suggesting trading players like Jenkins and Hayes, whom we are probably going to lose anyway and whose contracts won't make us better in the long run.

Again, I'm sorry that I snapped. I shouldn't have done it, and you didn't deserve it at all. But I want a long window like the great teams have. I want as many chances at a Super Bowl as you can possibly get before it comes crashing down.

Last edited:

paceram

Pro Bowler
Givens or Stacy, that's all I see, and I doubt either.

I think there is a really good chance the Rams will add a WR somewhere in the Draft (Quite possibly with their 1st pick) so I am guessing there is a good chance Givens will eventually get traded sometime before the season begins IF the Rams can get any takers. I am probably in the minority (In fact, I might be the only one!) but I just can't see the Rams trading Stacy UNLESS they get at least a 3rd round pick for him (Which, I don't thjnk is going to happen!)! I just think he is more valuable to the Rams especially if Fisher really wants to rely more on the running game which I think he will. I think Mason, Cunningham and Stacy will all get a lot of work this coming season!

FrankenRam

Starter
Givens or Stacy, that's all I see, and I doubt either.

What team in their right mind would trade for either? Givens is a good candidate to not even make the Rams' roster. Stacy barely got on the field last year, so MAYBE they could get a 7th.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I've seen Givens pop up here, I don't believe he has any trade value what so ever. Stacy would normally be a pretty solid option, but there are some solid backs in this draft. I could see Us trading away a safety, McCloud most likely for a late pick. I hate being that guy, but I can see us unloading Long by next year if we are able to get a good replacement lined up.