Which QB package would you prefer in 2015?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Which package do you want?

• A

Votes: 10 14.7%
  • B

Votes: 22 32.4%
  • C

Votes: 22 32.4%
  • D

Votes: 14 20.6%

• Total voters

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
How is this better than Hill and Davis?
I don't see any benefit to this except maybe Glennon is younger.
I don't get all the love for Glennon. He's worse than Davis despite having better WR in Vjax and Evans. He's inaccurate and makes poor decisions.
Moore is a lesser Hill.
Not going to be a dominate team taking out other teams garbage.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Options are limited. Unless we can pull off a major trade, you almost have to go with Bradford on a reduced rate. Then draft the best available QB with their first pick. Maybe bring back Hill and keep 3 QB's. Bring back Davis for camp. Hopefully the rookie QB gets up to speed when Bradford goes down. If not, use Hill until the rookie's ready.

Of course, if Bradford does stay healthy that would be best case scenario. But you have to have a better plan than they did this year. You almost have to approach it with the mindset of Bradford not staying healthy and just get what you can out of him.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I like B, we still have needs, like more young offensive lineman.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If Sam is back, I think we need not one, but TWO fallback plans.

Combine Sam with a rookie like Cook, then bring in a veteran as the icing (Moore, Hill, Sanchez, whoever). I wouldn't mind RG3 being that third guy. Unpopular, I know, but they guy has so much freaking talent...let him sit and heal for two years, and give him a shot if the rookie fails.

RGIII has talent? Maybe college talent but not NFL talent. The running QB in the NFL is a myth and Griffin ain't no pocket passer.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
RGIII has talent? Maybe college talent but not NFL talent. The running QB in the NFL is a myth and Griffin ain't no pocket passer.

RGIII has NFL talent but I'm not sure he'll ever capitalize on it. My opinion of him coming out is that they needed to break him of his bad habits and transition him into a role as a pocket passer that only uses his legs when necessary or beneficial(like Rodgers). However, after all these years of reinforcing those bad habits and creating worse ones(with his ego) in Washington, I don't know if you'll ever break him of them. Gruden seems to have given up on it.

But if he's cheap enough...why not?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
RGIII has NFL talent but I'm not sure he'll ever capitalize on it. My opinion of him coming out is that they needed to break him of his bad habits and transition him into a role as a pocket passer that only uses his legs when necessary or beneficial(like Rodgers). However, after all these years of reinforcing those bad habits and creating worse ones(with his ego) in Washington, I don't know if you'll ever break him of them. Gruden seems to have given up on it.

But if he's cheap enough...why not?

I disagree. He got by in college on God given talent and a simplified system. He can't read defenses, runs too soon, and isn't a hard worker.

Having the physical ability is one part, but to be a successful NFL QB brains and heart are also needed. That is why talented guys like Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell failed and why so few men are capable of playing QB in the NFL.

Brsides

moklerman

Warner-phile
I think this question has to be prefaced by what one thinks the Rams' goal is in 2015. If you think they are in "win now" mode, then Bradford, FA and returning Hill/Davis seems like the way they'll go.

If you think they're in yet another developmental year, then they cut Bradford, do what they can to draft "their" QB and bring back Hill/Davis to bridge the transition.

I don't think they keep Bradford AND draft a QB early. I think it's one or the other.

As I've stated before, I want them to bring back Bradford rather than start over. There isn't a QB in this draft that I'm ready for them to start over with. Just can't buy into the idea of taking a character/maturity risk at QB with Winston and I'm not sold enough on any of the other guys to roll the dice on them over rolling the dice on Bradford.

There are FA names out there that would be my focus so the backup QB position could be upgraded. Glennon and Moore would top the list so far as I feel they both haven't been defined and offer starting experience with potential upside.

Philly5

Rookie
All depends on health of Bradford. Too early to know.

I don't see Fisher relying on a rookie in year 4 after three losing seasons. All the early QBs have serious warts anyway.

Ideally, Bradford is healthy, we bring in the best vet backup we can, and we find a QB in the draft to develop.

fearsomefour

Legend
I don't get all the love for Glennon. He's worse than Davis despite having better WR in Vjax and Evans. He's inaccurate and makes poor decisions.
Moore is a lesser Hill.
Not going to be a dominate team taking out other teams garbage.
I agree for the most part. I don't want anything to do with Moore. Glennon has some potential but his biggest asset at this point is he is young. Really not going to be many options than are better than what we have already on the FA market.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm leaning toward B if someone is worthy. Certain posters have more confidence in Bradford returning to health, but sorry, fool me once shame on me, fool me twice shame on you. Nothing I would like more than Bradford being able to come back, but why can he come back after injuring the same knee twice when he could not come back after injuring in once?

fearsomefour

Legend
All depends on health of Bradford. Too early to know.

I don't see Fisher relying on a rookie in year 4 after three losing seasons. All the early QBs have serious warts anyway.

Ideally, Bradford is healthy, we bring in the best vet backup we can, and we find a QB in the draft to develop.
To me the smartest way to progress is with a healthy Bradford at lesser pay. If Bradford won't take a paycut you can cut him. I can envision a rookie QB starting next year for the Rams, no matter who it is. To get one of the highly ranked guys you are going to have to trade up usually and I don't think the Rams should be giving up picks. Hundley may fall but that is because his level of play has not been great.
As for FA there really are no guys out there to get excited about and in reality none that are better or a better bargain than Hill.
To me, redo Bradfords deal, bring back Hill and Davis and draft a QB. If Bradford goes down again you have a solid vet who knows the team and the O and you have a rookie to compete with Davis for the 3rd spot.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
For all of you people mentioning Sanchez as a possible backup.....you do realize he is playing good football for a 9-3 Eagles squad that will most likely win their division right? How much sense would it make for them to let him walk, and what makes anyone think he would want to be reunited with Schotty when he is flourishing in a Chip Kelly offense that is the antithesis of what we run here? If he doesn't stay in Philly (which I think he will), do you really think he would need to take a backup/3rd string job behind Bradford?? Lolz.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Of course these four packages are generic in form but I would demand that Sam restructure his contract so if he is injured once again & misses the season the cap cost of the last two previous seasons is moot. Once the before mentioned issue is done then B would be the best of the four packages IMO.

I am of the thought that 2016 draft may be a much better cadre of QB's in the draft than in 2015. So I stick with the BAP in our 2015 draft & not let the need of a QB play a major influence in the selection process. Rams still could have other needs in starting posts of ORT & ORG along with Swing OT & LB'er.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I agree for the most part. I don't want anything to do with Moore. Glennon has some potential but his biggest asset at this point is he is young. Really not going to be many options than are better than what we have already on the FA market.
I agree about potential. But this team is ready to win now. Over the next couple years the Rams will lose 30% of Sneed"s draft classes due to the cap. They need a guy that can step in and play at least at the Level Bradford did as a rookie to even sniff the playoffs.
Glennon will get cut after they draft their QB, so he will be available. It's not whether he can win games, it's about if he can beat out Davis for a roster spot.

fearsomefour

Legend
I agree about potential. But this team is ready to win now. Over the next couple years the Rams will lose 30% of Sneed"s draft classes due to the cap. They need a guy that can step in and play at least at the Level Bradford did as a rookie to even sniff the playoffs.
Glennon will get cut after they draft their QB, so he will be available. It's not whether he can win games, it's about if he can beat out Davis for a roster spot.
Fair enough. Bringing in a young vet to compete for a spot....Im all for that.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Four bundle packages. You can pick one...

Package A, B, C, D.
How about this Package;
Package "E"
-Bradford
-Veteran FA (Hill, Hoyer, Sanchez, etc.)
- Case Keenum
Just my 2 cents worth!;)

Memphis Ram

Legend
It won't happen in a million years. But, if Bradford were unwilling to redo his contract to an incentive ladden deal, here is what I would really like to see:

1) Cut Sam Bradford & use his cap $$ on OLine & Defense.
2) Fire Schottenhiemer.
3) Go back to the Auburn well and hire Gus Malzahn's right hand man, Rhett Lashlee, as offensive coordinator and run Auburn's offense (Yeah I know. Chip Kelly's offense wasn't supposed to work on the NFL either).

My QBs?

I'd use a day three choice on Auburn's QB Nick Marshall and allow him to compete against a bevy of very good former college QBs who have been disenfranchised by the NFL for their failure to conform to the traditional pocket passer model but can run.

Guys like upcoming free agent Tyrod Taylor, former Raider Tyrelle Pryor, etc.

moklerman

Warner-phile
It won't happen in a million years. But, if Bradford were unwilling to redo his contract to an incentive ladden deal, here is what I would really like to see:

1) Cut Sam Bradford & use his cap $$ on OLine & Defense.
2) Fire Schottenhiemer.
3) Go back to the Auburn well and hire Gus Malzahn's right hand man, Rhett Lashlee, as offensive coordinator and run Auburn's offense (Yeah I know. Chip Kelly's offense wasn't supposed to work on the NFL either).

My QBs?

I'd use a day three choice on Auburn's QB Nick Marshall and allow him to compete against a bevy of very good former college QBs who have been disenfranchised by the NFL for their failure to conform to the traditional pocket passer model but can run.

Guys like upcoming free agent Tyrod Taylor, former Raider Tyrelle Pryor, etc.
Why do so many love running QB's when running QB's never sustain success and rarely win championships?