Which QB do you rank after Winston & Mariota?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Hundley, Petty, Grayson, etc and would you select him with the Rams 2nd Round Pick?

I know it depends on what other prospects are available but I think I would take a chance on Hundley.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Petty and no. I think he is a fifth rounder that will go early in round 3.

I want to believe in Grayson but I didn't see enough to most him ahead of Petty.

As a developmental type Grayson may have the most upside, with the bigger arm, but he is going to need some work. What scares me with him is he was already coached as a Pro Style QB and should have stood out at the Sr. bowl, but he was not the clear cut leader IMO.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not sure. Probably Hundley...and I'm not too high on him.

Although, I'm trying to find more film on this Heinicke kid. He's really intriguing me.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'm not sure. Probably Hundley...and I'm not too high on him.

Although, I'm trying to find more film on this Heinicke kid. He's really intriguing me.

I have more faith in Pettys decision making than I do in Hundleys. I like Hundleys skillset a little better. Petty edges him out for me.

Badfinger

RamStalk Refugee
Name
-
I'll take a crack at this, based on my very limited, and mostly 2nd hand knowledge
3. Petty
4. Grayson
5. Hundley
6. Carden
7. Mannion
Based on what ive seen/heard/read, I wouldnt draft any of the guys i listed before the 4th. Best bet is to trade back, get extra picks for next year, and use this years picks to upgrade OL. Deep OL draft this year, QB is deep (and better) next year.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have more faith in Pettys decision making than I do in Hundleys. I like Hundleys skillset a little better. Petty edges him out for me.

I can understand that.

Do you know much about Heinicke? I want to see more games before I get too high on the kid but I really like what I've seen thus far. Some people have compared him to Chase Daniel but he's much more athletic. Moves like Russell Wilson.(although he's more like Chase Daniel than Wilson as a passer)

Measured in at 6'1" on the dot at the Shrine game which was good for him. Many thought he'd be under 6'0". But I saw a lot of things I liked. If the rest of his film is like the film I've thus far, I might have him as my #3 QB...which will obviously be out there but I just am not a fan of this class outside the top two.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Brett Hundley

But you better have an Offensive Line or he will fail on the virtue that (imo) he takes too much time going thru progressions.

spamlord

Rookie
I can understand that.

Do you know much about Heinicke? I want to see more games before I get too high on the kid but I really like what I've seen thus far. Some people have compared him to Chase Daniel but he's much more athletic. Moves like Russell Wilson.(although he's more like Chase Daniel than Wilson as a passer)

Measured in at 6'1" on the dot at the Shrine game which was good for him. Many thought he'd be under 6'0". But I saw a lot of things I liked. If the rest of his film is like the film I've thus far, I might have him as my #3 QB...which will obviously be out there but I just am not a fan of this class outside the top two.

He might have measured 6' 1", but watching the game, he seemed to struggle seeing over the line. His only success was outside the pocket. Not promising.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I can understand that.

Have not seen him yet but I hope Snead is aware of him. Unfortunately there is not much viewing material available with these smaller school guys.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Hundley. .
In a decent QB draft he's a 3rd rounder. He will go later 1st or early 2nd.
He has the tools to be avg. or a little better.

Even he has to sit for a year. But really what's the point of taking one of these lesser guys?
They all have to sit for at least a year, other than Hundley they have no upside to be a starter. All they do is take a roster spot from a more talented position player and next year the Rams will still be looking for a better QB next year.

None of these Senior Bowl QB's are any better than Gilbert, the guy the Rams drafted, cut off the roster and PS during a season of bad QB play. And they are the cream of the crop minus Winston , Mariota and Hundley.
Most will be UDFA's or late round flyers.

The thing is even considering Hundley, next year in a better QB draft a 3rd round pick would be much closer to playing well in his first season than these guys in their 2nd or ever.

They have no real upside and there is nothing to develop. Just say no till the 7th round.

Memphis Ram

Legend
IMO, unless you put Mariota is the right offense, he really isn't any better than the others.

1) Trade up or select Winston.
2) Use a 5th round or later selection on Nick Marshall and trade for Mike Glennon.

fearsomefour

Legend
1 Winston
2 Grayson
3 ??
I would not trade up for Winston.
I would much rather take Grayson in the 3rd and address other issues earlier in the draft.

spamlord

Rookie
Have not seen him yet but I hope Snead is aware of him. Unfortunately there is not much viewing material available with these smaller school guys.
If you have access to Watch ESPN (I have this as an iPad app) you can search Old Dominion to watch game replays.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
At this point I would go with Grayson or Cardin. Still plenty of time to look though!

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Sean Mannion for 5 reasons

1. all these guys are projects
2. he is 6' freaking 6" and can take a beating
3. he has a good arm
4. comes from Mike Riley's offense which is a pro style offense
5. his name is badass it would look great in a Rams jersey

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Idk.
My biggest fear is taking a qb early based on need and missing on a better player.

I have a feeling Hundley may be in Horns.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
My guy is still Petty, they are all projects but he has everything you want in a nfl qb. I want no part in the bust that is Hundley.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Make a trade and draft a QB next year none of these guys after Mariota and Winston seem to be worth much. At this point I would go with Petty because he's bigger than the rest besides Mannion and has the best arm, but I'm not sold on him either.

Draft Brandon Bridge late at the very minimum he can see over the line of scrimmage.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I agree with Den, I'm much more interested in trading down this year for either picks this year or picks next year (picks next year help with the QB situation in 2016). I may be in the minority, but I'd love it if Mariota fell to us and we traded with the Eagles.

Honestly, I'd just as soon have Davis back as any of the young guys. I think you have just as good of a chance of eeking out some improvement from Davis as you do having any of these "career-backups" shocking you and becoming a starter.