What's WRONG With You People?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ok, I point that question at myself as well. I keep thinking "It can't get any worse," and then I am wrong, year after year. I see these people with Patriots playoff cr@p, Seahawk's stuff, and other recent winning teams, and I am pretty sure a lot of them are recent fans..fair weather fans...They get to enjoy the winning, and I am cursed with loyalty to a team without a winning record in more than a decade.....One year long ago, I considered switching teams, because a team was winning and I lived close to it...I liked it, but my devotion was with the team in LA..WHAT A SUCKER I AM!...lol.......and here we are again, in year one of yet another rebuild of the Rams. Smoke em' if you got 'em....
oIVQKmc.gif

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I believe there are three reasons ...

rams-banner.jpg

... And the belief it will happen again!!

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I was right behind you when you jumped in that hole Dave :death: You are not alone:grouphug:

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Idk what it is, and I have no stats or anything to support this, but I have a very good feeling about McDaniels. I've been wrong before (Spags) but I truly think he might have learned from his mistakes.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
For a minute there, I was having a flashback to my high school chemistry class. "What's WRONG with you people?!" was almost a daily rant from the teacher. Probably half of us were baked because it was third period, right after the morning break...

...yeah...we had 'em...and we smoked 'em!

ancient-aliens-guy.jpg

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I think we all have masochistic tendencies. My shrink says that. But he also says I have a persecution complex. I think he only says that because he hates me.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
So long as the team was representing my hometown, I would have followed and loved them through any number of Spagnuolo and Linehan and Fisher and Rich Brooks regimes. Not having to do that is bittersweet; I'd still rather be a fan of the St. Louis Rams, but that ship has sailed, and a decade-plus in Boston means there is a team I could adopt that all of my friends (who have given me shit for years) and community are behind.

Winning is a nice side effect, but being connected via location is paramount to me.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
I didn't know what teams were in the playoffs until yesterday. The Rams losing has ruined my love of football. Actually, it might have been our 3rd loss in a row to the 9ers that ripped my soul out. I didn't watch last week of season.

I love them.

But conflicted whether I still like them.

whitedk57

Ram fan for life
Name
Duane
It's all about true love and loyalty. When our Rams are great again, we should all have plenty of witnesses that saw us wearing our Ram stuff when they sucked and went 4-12. I'm wearing my Dickerson jersey at work, right now.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I don't know about anybody else but the horns in the Coliseum was enough for me. Brought back some good memories. I wasn't around for 1945 or 1951 but I remember the 70's and 80's and that turn of the century period. 48 years between Championships! So, it could be worse, no? We're gonna whine about 18 years?

Who knows what's going to happen? All it takes is getting the right staff on board and things change for the better. If they're really good, there's a long run of success. Everybody knows who the right leader is and yet nobody knows. So all we can do is hope. I'm anticipating.......am in the process of remodeling my den into a sports room. Put up bead board, chair rail and painted. Bought display cases for my autographed Deacon Jones, Tom Mack and Jack Youngblood jersey's. Bought a few autographed pictures of Dickerson, Gabriel and a sharp collage of the Rams jersey history. One side of the room is dedicated to the Rams, the other the Yankees. Got my autographed "Perfect Game" picture (Girardi/Wells, Cone/Posada and Larson/Berra), a World Series ticket collage of all 27 Championships, "Captains" with all the Yankee captains pictured and an aerial shot of old and new Yankee stadium given to me by an NYFD fireman. Plus I've added a couple of things. Should be nice once I finished building my bookshelves/TV center on another wall.

My point is, give up if you want.....that's the definition of "fair weather".....but I'll hang with the blue and gold (and pinstripes) because they each have a unique history. Nobody has won more titles than the NYY and nobody has won 3 Championships for 3 different cities. And despite their run of ineptitude of late, the Rams have a rich history to be proud of with plenty of winning and innovative accomplishments. They'll be back and when they are, I'll look up at those jerseys and pictures and toast them!!!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
It's all about true love and loyalty. When our Rams are great again, we should all have plenty of witnesses that saw us wearing our Ram stuff when they sucked and went 4-12. I'm wearing my Dickerson jersey at work, right now.
I say, Like this ^ shows, either be a True Rams "Fan--atic" or I want to know ...

the Sargent.gif

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
It's like a winning franchise has just lost our way....

I guess we didn't appreciate those NFC West championships of the 70's....wanted more...and found out how the 9ers and Saints feel. Hell, the Seahawks & Bucs were expansion franchises...

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I love wearing stuff after the teams lose and when questioned why, I simply reply "Anyone can pull for them when they win"
IE- Dallas Cowboys fans. When they are winning, there's a million of them. When they aren't, there aren't many.
Except that pain in the neck @Rynie .....