What's the story behind your name?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Anyone have stories about why they picked the particular name they did? Sure, for some people it'll be limited to "I like the Rams" or "I live in (place) and I like the Rams." and there's nothing wrong with that. But I thought sharing stories could be fun.

There's a little bit of a story behind mine.

I was in church one day, and the pastor was urging people to request nametags through the church's comment cards if they haven't already. I felt like being random (this surprises everyone here!) and so I wrote "You can put (my name) or Boffo the Squiggle King."

Flash forward a year or so and I'm at college. One of my big weaknesses is that I'm terrible at remembering other people's names. So I sit with these three girls during lunch, and then two of the same girls and a different third girl during dinner... and keep calling the dinner third girl the lunch's third girl's name accidentally. Of course, she eventually calls me on this. Thinking quickly, I start being random about her having two names, and demand I get two names too, dredging up Boffo the Squiggle King out of memory.

My divine right of rule over squiggles was forgotten quickly, but for years, that group called me Boffo. And it fit so well that I decided to use it when I needed a new Internet handle. When I saw just plain Boffo was taken in many places, I appended the current year, 1997, to it. And Boffo97 had a ring to it in my opinion, so I stuck with it.

What's your story?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Me live in Oregon. Me like Rams. 503 original Oregon area code.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I always went by Tampa_Ram in most forums for a long time because....i am from and lived in Tampa.

Over time i wanted a shorter and easier username to use so it would be easy to say my name, log in and wasn't my location(since i move around a lot and don't reside in Tampa anymore).

When I came to this forum I decided to use a new one finally.

I like the movie Tron, even the new one. So I chose it since it fit the criteria I was looking for.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
A friend of mine lives in a town called Northampton here in merry old England. There's a road there called Lumbertubs Way and it stuck with me. I just thought it was such a great sounding word.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Wanted to leave my old screen name of CumberlandRam far behind and since it had been many years since I posted in an internet forum, I initially decided on Damn Time but came to my senses and settled for Prime Time.

RmsLegends

Rookie
When I joined the Rams official board back in 2000 every name I kept picking like Rams on top, Go Rams and like 7 other names as such were taken so I got miffed and figured ok I will make a name I am sure no one has so I came up with.......Rams the Legends live on, which has been my moniker on other boards till I came here and was to long so I just shortened it.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I was LARams on the Herd forum back in the late 90's. Then one time when they changed locations and had everyone register again my name was stolen by Mr. Knowitall. Then I became Pancake and I used that moniker for 10 years until joining ROD. I got tired of syrup jokes and went with VCRam. Which just stands for Ventura County Ram.

RmsLegends

Rookie
Wanted to leave my old screen name of CumberlandRam far behind and since it had been many years since I posted in an internet forum, I initially decided on Damn Time but came to my senses and settled for Prime Time.

No offense bro I keep calling ya Cumby, just a habit of mine. I get used to a name or title and just call a person by such. I used to do the same thing in the service. We would have folks retire or I go over to their house for dinner and I would call them by their title or sir and they would say ya can call me by my name and I would say thanks I just use what I have become comfortable with already. So no offense bro when I call ya Cumby just my old habit of calling someone by what I have already come to know.

Oh_Canada

UDFA
Name
Bob
In 2003 Mike Weir won the Masters and during one approach shot (on the 15th I believe) David Feherty - who was commentator for that hole - exclaimed "Oh Canada!" as Mike stuck his approach shot to just a couple of feet from the pin. That was the first thing I thought of when joining the St Louis Post Dispatch forum soooooooooo many years ago. I just kept it ever since.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
No offense bro I keep calling ya Cumby, just a habit of mine. I get used to a name or title and just call a person by such. I used to do the same thing in the service. We would have folks retire or I go over to their house for dinner and I would call them by their title or sir and they would say ya can call me by my name and I would say thanks I just use what I have become comfortable with already. So no offense bro when I call ya Cumby just my old habit of calling someone by what I have already come to know.

Not a problem. Call me what you like. As @-X- says, "Deal with it." :) That whole mess still sticks in my craw on occasion and the former screen name is a trigger. Prime Time is a fresh start and a new beginning for me.

RmsLegends

Rookie
Not a problem. Call me what you like. As @-X- says, "Deal with it." :) That whole mess still sticks in my craw on occasion and the former screen name is a trigger. Prime Time is a fresh start and a new beginning for me.

Yea I get ya my friend. An ya are for sure a internet dynamic. Every since the fall out the board has steadily declined till really just a bunch of us old holdouts are still there that come on from the folks we have met and come to call friends. However I have been on two boards ya have started, there and 100 and one thing is for sure ya are a dynamic that galvanizes and when your dynamic is missing I have seen how one board became totally defunct and another has been on the decline. In fact one of the selling points for me when I decided to give here a try was Thor was here and he told me ya was as well so I figured what the hell I will join up, which is actually the same reason I joined 100 now that I think about it...............LOL

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
[B]@RmsLegends[/B] Totally forgot about the 100 forum. Yeah, 100 was doomed to failure because I started it too quickly after the former debacle and my heart wasn't in it. My original idea for RRF was to sign up 100 good members/friends and then close the door permanently. That of course was shouted down and the rest is history. But thanks for the kind words. (y)

Boffo97

Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not a problem. Call me what you like.
mr-burns-evil-grin.jpg

69superbowl

Rookie
December 27, 1969. I was positive the Rams were going to the Super Bowl that year. I was 9. That tragic loss to the Vikings nearly did me in and forged an attitude. They would have crushed the Chefs. No doubt.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I like the Rams, I like the Gators, the "and" is used to connect the two.
You know, last night, seeing your name as "Guest" made me think you got banned somehow.

But only for a minute.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Mine originated from stltoday.com...I used to go by RedBlueandGold or something like that...I changed it because after using that forum for about a year I started to notice how many egos there were...so as a joke I changed it to this just for the irony.

It really pissed a bunch of folks off...I didn't care. If you take yourself to serious on a web forum you got some problems.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Eh, this is a name that I've always gone with whenever I can. It's a name that I chose in memory of my late cousin, who had inspired and encouraged me to continue writing. And I've used it ever since.