What would you give...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Shawnbb158

Starter
What would you give up to move up in the draft to get the QB YOU want in this draft. Doest matter if you're a wants goff or lynch guy. How much would you give up to get the guy you want this year to lead this team?

Shawnbb158

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would give up our first one second from this year and a 2nd next year to get wentz. If it took a 3rd as well I would throw it in if I had to. I want a leader and a qb for the future so I say so what we can to get him.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
I believe being @ #6 guarantees me anyone of the Top 3. It allows you to jump ahead of the 49ers in case they were going QB. In trade value points, the difference is 550. One of the Rams #2 picks is in the 450 range. It almost covers it. I would add a future 3rd rounder. So, a 2nd this year and 3rd next year to move up to #6. Wow, I wasn't thinking a trade up for QB at all, but this sounds doable! :yess:

OC_Ram

Restricted Free Agent
Our 1st and either 2nd, from this year only, to move up and secure 1 of the top 3 QB's.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
@8to12 Getting to six may guarantee you one of the three. However, news of teams trying to trade up travels fast. Teams leak the info to get better offers. The Niners could just move to 3 or 5. I think if the Rams made a move up to six it would have to be after the fifth pick was made during the draft. But that is a gamble, if they only like all three of the top three QBs. What if they only like two of them? Then you are looking at moving ahead of Dallas. If they only like one, that means moving to #1.

I brought this up before. What if one of the requirements to move up is to throw Greg Robinson in on the trade? Or Aaron Donald or Robert Quinn? How much would you be willing to throw in? Including top young players was pretty common in draft trades over the years. The Titans need an OLT. Would you trade Robinson and two firsts to move up to #1 and then rely on Williams or Battle as the OLT?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Whatever it takes within reason.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Do you think what the Redskins have up to get RGIII was within reason? I don't, because, as they have found out there is no sure thing.

Yes. Because as they also have shown, it won't destroy your franchise if you miss. And you never make a draft pick expecting to miss.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Too ambiguous of a question no?
I think Wentz and Goff are gone by 4 so if one of those guys is the target, you have to go to 1.
To move from 15, I'd guess it would take at least 2 #1' and 2 #2's
Probably more likely 3 #1's
I just don't think teams look at it saying, we need one of the top 3. I imagine they target 1 guy

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
I for one will not complain if the Rams expend some extra capital to get a young QB. What Washington paid to get RG-me is really steep IMO but giving up next year’s 1st is definitely on the table. I need to see how free agency plays out first before I fully get a feel for this. Of course my opinion matters none to the Rams brass.

I agree with those that have identified Cleveland, SF, and Phillly as the Rams Top competitors for one of the rookie QB's but free agency could have a very big impact on where the QB's get drafted. Inversely the QB talent available could also affect how some teams approach free agency. If one of the three QB needy teams spends big money on Bradford then they are out of the rookie 1st round QB derby. I do not think Dallas is in the mix, I expect them to bring in a FA QB to backup Romo and then go after one of the second tier guys in the later rounds like Jones.

Will Cleveland’s past failures at drafting a QB affect what they do this year and maybe push them into the FA market? Will Bradford go back to Philly? Will Kelly keep Kap. and his big contract yet still go after a first round rookie?

The Rams have not had a lot of stability at QB in their storied history. Even though the Rams had Bradford for 5 years he did not provide real stability due to injuries. The Rams’ current situation is much like the Rams of the mid 80's. The Rams for much of the mid 80's had very good defenses, a great RB, and a pretty dominant offensive line but no top quality QB. In 1983 and 1984 they had Vince Ferragamo but he broke his hand in the 3rd game of 1984 and never played again for the Rams, After Ferragamo was lost Jeff Kemp, Deiter Brock, Steve Bartkowski, and Steve Dils were the Rams QB until the Rams made the big trade to get Jim Everett. While Everett's play steadily declined after the 1989 NFC Championship game, the 1988 and 1989 seasons were fun years and I felt the Rams were legitimate contenders because they had a talented strong armed QB. Needless to say at the time I thought Everett was worth the draft capital the Rams gave up getting him.

The bottom line is that I would not bet money on Keenum or Mannion being the long term answer at QB, so the Rams should move heaven and earth to find a franchise QB if they want to legitimately contend for a super bowl. Looking at Snead/Fisher’s draft history their two best 1st round picks have been Gurley and Donald. Both are guys who in retrospect should have been drafted much higher and sort of fell into the Rams laps. Going after a QB though is different matter. The value of the QB is such that it is the one position teams should be willing to expend significant draft capital to acquire.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
"Within Reason" well that would move this thought in the near impossibility of occurring..

All the stars, planets, moons, black holes & space junk would have to align up .......for one of these top five teams to work within reason. I guess trading Aaron Donald & Tavon Austin along with our #15 first round pick would be within reason to most.

But I will agree here with jrry32 here but my within reason is sure to be different from many other members since I would fall on the conservative side. As the NFL enters & moves through free agency here in little over a month, we should see some of this become less muddy.

I despise trading away future high draft picks & hope at all costs that we can find a better solution here to this QB issue.

Last edited:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Bunch of opinions on this....

http://ramblinfan.com/2016/02/01/20...ly&utm_source=FanSided+Daily&utm_medium=email

http://nflmocks.com/2016/01/29/2-round-2016-nfl-mock-draft-rams-make-blockbuster-trade/6/

“The Rams make the big move of the 2016 Draft, trading all the way up to sixth overall to select their quarterback of the future. The Rams are desperate at the position and know that this select could go a long way in helping them get into the playoffs. Wentz sports a strong arm and good accuracy, while displaying the athleticism to escape pressure and extend plays.” -Brady Lunt

RAVENS GET1ST IN '16, TWO 2ND'S IN '16, AND 3RD IN '17

RAMS GET6TH OVERALL PICK
:mrburnsevil:Sounds about right....What say you ROD?!?:sup: (y)

but I'll miss those 2nd round picks.... Still need a wr & C.....probably a TE or LB too...

Shawnbb158

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Would you take a deal with dallas if they said our 1st one 2nd our 3rd this year and tre mason?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"Within Reason" well that would move this thought in the near impossibility of occurring..

All the stars, planets, moons, black holes & space junk would have to align up .......for one of these top five teams to work within reason. I guess trading Aaron Donald & Tavon Austin along with our #15 first round pick would be within reason to most.

But I will agree here with jrry32 here but my within reason is sure to be different from many other members since I would fall on the conservative side. As the NFL enters & moves through free agency here in little over a month, we should see some of this become less muddy.

I despise trading away future high draft picks & hope at all costs that we can find a better solution here to this QB issue.

I don't think 99% of people would consider trading Aaron Donald within reason. I also would not trade Tavon Austin.

However, I think it's more likely than you do that a team in the top 5 is willing to move down.