What UGA Fans Are Saying About Their BS OC.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
http://georgia.247sports.com/Board/...nheimer-as-new-coordinator-QBs-coach-34533933

Didn't see it coming but I'm on board. Go Dawgs!
-----
Im loving this hire. I know they paid BS. Atleast 1 mil a season
-----
This definitely came outta left field, but I'm excited about the hire... NFL pedigree! Go Dawgs!
-----
Great hire! CMR is getting very stealth like. I love it!

Go Dawgs!
-----
I've been thinking about this since his name was first rumored last week and love the hire. This will cement Eason commit even more and will attract offensive players who want to play in an NFL offense. When recruits hear you say you've been an OC in NFL for 10 years it carries some weight! Good hire, it looks like the administration is stepping up because he didn't come cheap and on top of Pruitts deserved raised. Exciting times!
-----
Yeah his offenses haven't been that great. NFL background or not, I'm not sure how I feel about this. Hopefully the recruits like him.
-----
according to ESPN, his offenses have ranked in the top half of the NFL twice in nine seasons, and have ranked in the bottom ten six times.

Why is everyone saying great hire?
-----
Richt interviewed who knows how many people and this was who he went with. You either trust him or not on this but I do. And it's not like he's coached on many super talented NFL teams. The Georgia offense has more weapons than the Rams did this year.
-----
Anyone who thinks this is a good hire clearly hasn't paid attention to Brian Schottenheimer's offenses.
-----
Is anyone seriously going to blame Schottenheimer for the Rams struggles this year? They had to play like 4 QBs this year due to injury. And the two primary QBs he's had to work with are Sanchez (who sucks) and Bradford (who isn't great and is never healthly). I'm curious to see what he can do with our guys and the NFL stuff will sell itself, recruits will flock to him.
-----
Richt would not have hired him if he wasn't blown away. He is too much of an offensive guy to know a good one from a bad one. All of you questioning his NFL track record need to remember one thing... UGA doesn't play in the NFL. This is college. It's a different game and I know people that have played for him and Loved this guy. This is a fantastic hire.
-----
His offensive production concerns me along with his recruiting being an unknown. I am indifferent about this hire. I hope he gets a OL coach that is good, is a good recruiter and has UGA ties like Bloom. I am really hoping this works but I have my doubts.
-----
Boom! Wow! He had minimum mention but not a completely out of left field hire. Big time lineage. Sounds like he is going to keep the staff together from his "and a great staff already in place" statement. Great hire. Now who do we tap as OL coach? I wonder if Schottenheimer has some input on that?

I think this is good news for our recruits across the board. I can't see anyone going", man, dud hire". lol
-----
from the BR article. There's a reason he kept getting NFL jobs and moved up the ladder. Teams just don't hire shitty OCs or QB coaches for the hell of it. Honestly, his offensive numbers in the NFL haven't been spectacular, but the talent on those teams hasn't been spectacular at all either. Thats on him as their OC, the players brought in and the management.

Hopefully his style and knowledge of the game will translate well in the college game.

-----
Just have to trust that Richt saw something about him the rest of you don't see. I don't think any of us really got to sit down and grill him like CMR did. We'll find out soon enough if it was a good hire or not. The recruits that stick and offensive production next year will tell all.
-----
Any OC who can make Mark Sanchez look like a good NFL QB for a couple years is great in my book! Let's see how good of a recruiter he is though.
-----
Swing and a miss !! Only worse hire would have been Roper.ADGM is a flop eared foool!Waiting for the day he is run out of UGA.
-----
Why is everyone so disappointed in this hire? Realize that you are not on the coaching staff or a part of the athletic department. Your football opinion is only relevant in your own home. We aren’t getting paid to make the decisions as to who is the best fit for the Georgia OC job. Many of you are screaming for Bloomgren have you checked his offensive output in the last two years since he took over? His teams averaged less than 30 points per game and in the five loses he averaged less than 14 points. Let’s see how this plays out before we go throwing stones at our coaches. Hell many of you wanted Bobo’s head for the last few years and then start crying when he finally leaves. I can’t stand anything more than a bunch of crying men who think they have the inside knowledge of big time football. Go back to playing your games on the Xbox and participating in your local flag football league. Let’s see come next year how many of you are complaining about this hire.
-----
I know a lot of people are hating on this guys NFL stats and I agree some of that is warranted as he has not had great statistical offenses. But look at the teams he has had!! Mark Sanchez and Sam Bradford were his QBs. That should say all we need to. This is a situation where we have to trust Mark Richt. Regardless of the OC being brought in, this will continue to be Richt's offense that is run in Athens. Tons of people were saying to give the job to Lilly and let him run Richt's offense. Why not continue to have Richt's offense with some input from a guy who has been in the league for 10+ years. I think this is a home run hire and I think offensive recruits are going to love it.
-----
Ill still be at the games and bleeding red and black. But i think this is a bad hire!!
uhoh.gif
Really hope im wrong..

Boffo97

Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Im loving this hire. I know they paid BS. Atleast 1 mil a season
This was one of the most intriguing comments to me... if it is true, it explains EXACTLY why Schotty made the move, and really damages the "Encouraged to move on or be fired" theory.

Athos

Legend
With NO QB and just a stable of RBs with a good run line, makes sense.

He doesn't have to be creative, let's be honest, to run UGA's offensive system.

Just tote the rock with Chubb.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
This is a good move for Georgia. Will help recruit talent with an eye on the nfl, especially QBs and WR s, where the skill set is more refined than in the rest of the current college game.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
The Georgia offense has more weapons than the Rams did this year.

Ha, this is hilarious. They have some talent, but any skill player we have right now including Chris Givens would be the best on their team. Austin Davis would be the starter as soon as he stepped foot onto campus. You just can't compare college to the NFL. It's completely different talent wise. The worst of the worst here would destroy the best there.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
This was one of the most intriguing comments to me... if it is true, it explains EXACTLY why Schotty made the move, and really damages the "Encouraged to move on or be fired" theory.

Not really he was making really good money with the Rams and if the Rams really wanted him to stay they would have matched that easy! Nobody can outspend Stan with the exception of Paul Allen.

Athos

Legend
Ha, this is hilarious. They have some talent, but any skill player we have right now including Chris Givens would be the best on their team. Austin Davis would be the starter as soon as he stepped foot onto campus. You just can't compare college to the NFL. It's completely different talent wise. The worst of the worst here would destroy the best there.

WRs for sure. QB too. Their QB sucks. WRs mediocre.

Nick Chubb is a beast though.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
UGA fans are right. This was a tremendous hire for them. Schottenheimer's pedigree will attract top talent and I think his system will be extremely effective at the college level if they have the QB to run it.

The only downside is that if it pans out, I think Schotty gets a HC job within 2 years.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Not really he was making really good money with the Rams and if the Rams really wanted him to stay they would have matched that easy! Nobody can outspend Stan with the exception of Paul Allen.
From earlier research, most NFL OCs don't make anywhere close to a million.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought UCLA was nuts for hiring Mora Jr and it's worked out well.
I think we're going to hear a lot of "why didn't out offense look like THAT"

MrMotes

Starter
I thought UCLA was nuts for hiring Mora Jr and it's worked out well.
I think we're going to hear a lot of "why didn't out offense look like THAT"

I would've been pissed if the Rams had hired Mora but loved UCLA hiring him, two different worlds...

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
From earlier research, most NFL OCs don't make anywhere close to a million.

The high profile ones do especially is they get a better offer elsewhere. Daniel Snyder paid Gregg Williams that much so again IMO, if the Rams felt he was worth it they would have matched.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
The high profile ones do especially is they get a better offer elsewhere. Daniel Snyder paid Gregg Williams that much so again IMO, if the Rams felt he was worth it they would have matched.
There is a lot of wiggle room between "secretly urging the guy to leave or be fired" and "the guy is worth a million dollars at a position that usually doesn't pay that much" though.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
There is a lot of wiggle room between "secretly urging the guy to leave or be fired" and "the guy is worth a million dollars at a position that usually doesn't pay that much" though.

True, however, like the movie Major League..."Who gives a SHlT? He's gone!";)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I think it's less about money and more about job prospects. One strong year at UGA and he'll get a college HC job. One or two strong years there and he'll get a NFL HC job.

Whereas here, unless the offense rises top 5-10 levels, he'll likely not get a NFL HC job.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I think it's less about money and more about job prospects. One strong year at UGA and he'll get a college HC job. One or two strong years there and he'll get a NFL HC job.

Whereas here, unless the offense rises top 5-10 levels, he'll likely not get a NFL HC job.
True. Or maybe he's just burned out with all the hours and pressure the NFL has to offer.
College ball, by all accounts, is just fun.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
With NO QB and just a stable of RBs with a good run line, makes sense.

He doesn't have to be creative, let's be honest, to run UGA's offensive system.

Just tote the rock with Chubb.

I think this move is better for Brian. He'll have to lighten up his offense so the college guys can pick it up. Should help him in the long run.