What Redskins Fans Are Saying Before The Game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
how many times do you get 4 TDS from the special teams and defence

Did I miss something? I thought the D put up 16 points and O put up 30, where were the 2 STs TDs? Must be another delusional deadskins fan. His score prediction proves my point.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Aaron Donald sacks Cousins so hard he explodes into a cloud of pink mist

THis was the funniest comment.

But the reality is that they are probably better coached than our squad, and will likely execute better, too.

I'm trying to think if I have ever read that in any of the "What they are saying" threads ever at any point since @Prime Time has been doing them. I can't remember a single time that even one fan of an opposing team said that and this thread is riddled with them.

The Redskins fans seem to have mad respect for McVay...........

Cooper Kupp becomes a household name and continues the tradition of an unknown rookie having a career day against us.

This used to be the Rams..........week after week.

Boy Wonder and Son-of-Bum win 31-3

:)

By the way @Dog you're new avatar is sofa king awesome!!!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
A thread from our own @JRobinson . (y)
http://es.redskins.com/topic/416112-best-of-luck-to-you-guys-this-week/

Best of luck to you guys this week
By JRobinson

So on our forums (Ramsondemand.com), we always post a thread titled "What 'opposing team name here' fans are saying". Some of you guys' comments are hilarious and others far fetched; just like on every forum. We all love our teams and typically show optimism when it comes to the beginning of every season. With that said, I just want to wish you guys good luck. I also feel like I have a "connection" with you guys because of McVay (weird I know). So what I see:

1. Goff is not going to extend plays like Wentz did, so if your pass rush can get home, Goff will go down. Goff is definitely improving due to the scheme and McVay; and if anyone were to deny that, they would just be denying it for the sake of denying it. Now let's be clear, he has a long way to go still, but, what we Rams experienced last season was nothing short of abysmal.

Goff has a very quick release and very good accuracy at all levels (best deep ball accuracy wk 1 of all QBs with 117.6 QBR). Also, Goff has improved his ability to go through his progressions aside from just "locking on" one target. Rams fans are just looking for consistency at this stage of the game.

2. Our OL is much better on the left side with FA signee Andrew Whitworth than the right side (two 2nd year starters in Brown-RG, and Havenstien-RT). Overall, our line is much improved from last season. We are currently better at pass pro than run blocking after just one week. But the right side is vulnerable for sure, it's our weak link.

3. You all know about Gurley and what he brings to the table; I don't need to elaborate aside from the fact that we are throwing the ball to him out of the backfield now. Dude is a guy you want to slow down for sure.

4. Our WRs and TEs are greatly improved! A complete overhaul just in one off-season. Do not underestimate our WRs by any stretch; I'm tellin ya. Sammy Watkins will most likely be shadowed by Norman, if that's the case, look for Woods (very good hands) and Rookie sensation Cooper Kupp to deliver the yardage.

Rookie Gerald Everett is McVay's new Jordan Reed, and he can make people miss in space. The main difference from last year to this year is that our WRs catch the ball!! And execute! Something we haven't had for a long while. Lastly, Tavon can hurt you, but IMO, he's overrated and doesn't exactly fit McVay's offense; time will tell I reckon.

5. Yes Aaron Donald will be playing but he will be on a snap count. Look for Tyrun Walker to take reps along with rookie Tanzel Smart. Both the aforementioned had a solid week one; granted it was the lousy Colts. Robert Quinn could potentially be an issue, but with yall's stud LT Williams, he might not be a factor, but our DL as a whole is a very good unit.

6. Our LBs and secondary are also very cohesive and scrappy. In general, our defense is a top unit in the NFL this season IMO. Especially with Wade Phillips now.

Without being a homer, I honestly think this game will end up in our favor. After watching what Philly did to yalls OL, our DL is better than theirs; so that's going to be our determining factor IMO. Getting constant pressure on Cousins. I'm not afraid of Pryor... yet. Don't see the timing there as of now and plus we have a stud corner in Trumaine Johnson(6"2'/220) that will be on him.

Although injured, Reed still scares me; so does Crowder. Our achilles heel will be stopping the run, so if you guys are able to establish that early, I think y'all will be in the game late and have a shot to win. But, like I said, our DL is stupid good; and I see them creating problems.

Rams 27
Skins 17

Good luck guys.
---------
Yah, I don't expect the Redskins to win......but I also don't think many posters on this board are going to react well to this.

Then again, your opinions are about as rose colored in nature as those many would have of their team after a week 1 blowout win. So I don't really fault you for them.....some here definitely will.

Good luck guy.
-------
Its always nice when opposing fans come here and make a thoughtful and civil post. It's hard for me to disagree with much of what you posted about your teams strengths and weaknesses. The 2017 Skins are a team in transition, but I'm not quite sure what we're transitioning to... (yet) We lost at home to a division rival and y'all spanked a falling team, just like good teams should.

So it's hard for me to peg the Rams quite yet, but unless there's a sudden resurgence in our overall play, I'd suspect your predicted outcome is spot on. If we don't win this game, I suspect quite a few on here will be hoping for a downward spiral in order to draft our next QB. Hoping for an injury free game on both sides.
---------
This is a game y'all can win IMO. Sure, we blew out the Colts, but as you said, they are a 'falling team'. They might be the worst team in the league TBH. I'll say this, if Goff has time, it could be a long afternoon for the Skins... but that can be said about any decent QB with time.

I'm just not quite sold in believing that yalls defense is going to be able to keep up with ours. It could, but, if I had to bet, I'm picking the Rams. - JRobinson
-------
Cousins' give a **** is broken. He does not care about this organization. He's trying to stay healthy so he can reunite with Kyle Shanahan in SF.

Gruden looks defeated, like he knows the end is near. At least that's what some of the local beat reporters are saying. Not his fault, he means well and tries hard but this job just isn't for him.

We we have a bunch of dudes on 1-year contracts. The 2016 draft class may be the worst ever assembled. Our team's future is very bleak so don't expect a lot of energy or fire from the burgundy and gold.

Congrats on the 2nd win
---------
I will be at the game. Driving down from Sacramento. In fact I am hitting the road in about an hour, I prefer making the drive overnight since it will be pretty much an empty highway the entire way. Staying about an hour from the stadium, close to in-laws. Going to BBQ & watch the Canelo-GGG fight Saturday night.

Seats are now going for less than I paid for them a couple weeks ago. If this game is as poorly attended as the opener was, I should be able to switch seats to pretty much wherever I want.

Of course, do I even want to move to get a better view of this team right now? Ugh.
--------
Would love for this thread to be bumped Sunday evening with Crow being force fed to you. However I don't have a ton of faith in my team.

However I will maniacally cheer every first down, touchdown, flag and turnover that goes in favor of the Redskins. I hope we absolutely embarrass the Rams in their stadium and bring them down to earth. Honestly this game could be considered a huge trap game for LA (who would have guessed?)

Wounded animal in the Redskins with upgraded defense...I hate that the offense of the skins has looked wretched from top to bottom. However even in the past two seasons the team laid stinkers on offense occasionally, hoping that's all week one was. Hoping for a win this weekend.

You won't hear goodluck from me in any regards other than player safety.

I hope the skins crush yall.
--------
Well all I can tell ya is that offense you speak of better be ready to strap it on. - JRobinson
----------
As yours better be ready as well. Your offense was not a juggernaut by any measure last week. Happy Junior is going to be playing significantly more. He was a force on every snap he played. YOUR Oline better be ready. Should be fun. Hail *I was waiting for the usual Rams smack talk. Thank you for not disappointing.*
---------
Can't speak for them, but I'm hoping they do.

I can promise you they are better than a Tolzein led Colts team.

plus the Redskins turn every game into a circus...What I mean by that is that good teams play down to us, and bad teams we play down to them. So you can be ready for that. It won't be pretty.
---------
Nice civil post. I've never liked the Rams, especially during Jeff Fishers rein. What a **** head. Now I have tempered those feelings a wee bit (not much) as I do like your head coach now. He may be a good one-we shall see. I see a very close game, not won by 10 (or more) points in either direction. You scored 1 TD by passing and 2 on the ground vs the Colts vaunted defense. Everything else was defense or special teams. Your defense is good and will be a problem.

I think we, or we damn sure better, throw more short passes especially to begin with. We also have to remain committed to running the ball. We need to get your D on their heels before doing deep drops. You have underrated our defense. The unit is much better and faster than last years version. We have better players and a better scheme. What we have to do is be better on 3rd down and pressure Goff. Let's find our what kind of QB you REALLY have.

It was a one score came late into the 4th quarter & our final score vs Philly is very misleading. The game may well come down to special teams honestly. We shall see, Lou Holtz's infamous quote “You're never as good as everyone tells you when you win, and you're never as bad as they say when you lose” rings especially true to me for this game.

Usually Kirk, for whatever ****ing reason, starts to beginning to play better about game 2,3, or 4. I'm hoping it is game two
default_smile.png
. I expect a very tight game. This game is especially interesting because the coaches know each other intimately. It should be a good one and to echo Rattlesnake88's sentiments, I do not wish you any luck or good fortune and hope we crush you. I also hope for no injuries for either side. Hail
-------
Sheep suck, LA doesnt deserve a team. McVey looks like a 10 year old with a fake mustache

Redskins 49
Rams 3
--------
Watching your team play in a half empty stadium has to be satisfying for you. I freaking hate it when greedy owners screw loyal fans. And let's face it, other than that Haley's Comet that was Kurt Warner you have had a really bad team to root for. You deserve better. Good luck this season although I have to admit after the owner moved the team I'll have to root against them every week.
---------
Thanks for the post; It was a thoughtful review, and you give good reasons why you think your team will win. I think the Rams franchise has assembled a really decent staff, and acquired more talent in areas of need.

That said, I'm hoping the Skins come into your stadium, with greater urgency than they showed us in the opener, and the receiving corp and running game start clicking. If so, the Skins have the talent to prevail.

...Looking forward to a good game!
----------
Boss hogg...that was heart breaking to read..realy was!...but those are the exact same thoughts I've had since there wasn't a long term contract done, good ****ing gods it's just down right disgusting being a fan of this team..it's going to happen isn't it...it realy is..

but if he was that realy hard up on keeping himself healthy I don't think he would have ran for those first downs last week anyway I guess this topic I'm going off on is maybe for a different thread they keep positive man come on..if i can anyone can.....

Thanks to the original poster for your overall view of your team...whatever ya call it..best of luck to you too..and now knowing Goff doesn't get around like wentz did on us I can already see keerigan having a field day..trust me Goff will have no where near the time he did against the colts...and if Callahan lit a fire under our o lines ass and our run game gets going why couldn't we push your d line around again as we did the previous time we played?..

only thing I can think is y'all switched to a 3-4 defense... overall I'm staying confident and positive and going with a 19 16 Redskins win... either way through the whole game and before the game probably after the game I'll be thinking of my late great Uncle Dennis who was a die-hard Rams fan.
---------
Good post here dude.

Im just hoping that RK doesn't put Goff in the hospital. That guy is a monster and any team would be very fortunate to have him. I would have to believe that McVay has a detailed game plan of sorts for RK.

Youre re right in the fact that we have had issues in the past stopping the run. When James Laurinatis was here, he led this defense in multiple ways, but he was no Patrick Willis. The guy would always get smothered by lineman, just like Mark Barron does now. We will definitely need to stop the run and establish it ourselves as mentioned in my OP - JRobinson
----------
I hope we skunk you guys on your own field, 35-0. Other than that, I hope it's a good clean game, and both teams get outta there with zero injuries and we can all come back here with plenty of fodder for lighthearted banter.
---------
I sure hope we are ready. Gotta throw a little smack talk in there somewhere . Junior Galette? He's finally healthy? Let's hope he lasts the whole season for ya. He's a contributor for sure; but I assume that we will let our TEs at least chip your OLBs, especially on passing downs.

Here is what one of our posters posted, maybe you can elaborate?

DE: Stacy McGee - JAG
NT: Ziggy Hood - Liability
DE: Jonathan Allen - Talented rookie
OLB: Ryan Kerrigan - Very good player
ILB: Mason Foster - Average
ILB: Zach Brown - Average to above average
OLB: Preston Smith - Inconsistent
CB: Josh Norman - Great player
CB: Bashaud Breeland - Inconsistent
FS: D.J. Swearinger - Good last year; bad before that
SS: DeShazorEverett - Uncertain - JRobinson
----------
I renounce your reality and replace it with my own...

Skins 28
Goats 3

Skins walk off the field to the Boos from the home crowd, .......all 20 of them.
------
Im not as knee jerky as some fans after the Eagles loss, all of a sudden everyone is expecting the Rams to blow us out. Not buying it.

While we may not be as prolific in passing yardage totals as last year with the growing pains between Kirk and our receivers to start this season, I expect a progression throughout the year and we still finish as a top 10, top 15 offense at worst statistically.

I expect a big difference even this week with the personality types and work ethic of both Cousins and Pryor. Don't expect a team thats only going to score 10 points on offense this week is all im saying.

Also, our defense is going to eat Goff alive. He doesnt have the wheels that Wentz does and im certain that Galette will be getting more snaps after his performance in limited action last week.
----------
I don't believe a 27-17 score would be a "blowout" for either side. And yes, without being a homer, based upon yalls performance last week, that's simply a prediction. I'm also pretty sure that we will be a little more "west coast" this week with yalls pass rush (draws, screens, short stuff). - JRobinson
--------
DE: Stacy McGee - Stops the run, no pass rush
NT: Ziggy Hood - Played well last week, coached up by Tomsula who knows how to develop a nose
DE: Jonathan Allen - Talented rookie. Good against the run and can pass rush.
OLB: Ryan Kerrigan - Very good player. Inconsistent run stopper.
ILB: Mason Foster - Average to above average. Good run stuffer.
ILB: Zach Brown - Pro bowler last year, looked that way too in game 1. Great run stuffer.
OLB: Preston Smith - Good to very good rookie year. Mediocre 2nd year. Looked good last week.
CB: Bashaud Breeland - Good player who has a bad year last season, looked good in week 1. Press corner, mostly.
FS: D.J. Swearinger - Good last year; bad before that, leader of this defense. Was great in camp, good in week 1.
SS: DeShazorEverett - Uncertain. Hits hard but still learning the position -- can get out of position.

Edit: this isn't me being a homer, I really like the defensive personnel this season. They stunk last year. Hood seems transformed at the nose (or at least it looks that way from game 1). The dude was a first rounder so he isn't devoid of talent. Zach Brown was all over the field against the Eagles.

The dude is fast and can tackle. Breeland was a good corner for his career and had a bad season out of nowhere last year but looked sharp on Sunday. Fuller was a train wreck his first year at nickel corner. But he was very good in camp and very good in game 1.

Preston Smith looked like an emerging star in his rookie year. Got 8 sacks in limited play. Last year he only had 4.5 sacks. He slimmed down and looked better this camp, played well and got a sack in week 1. They lost last week because of the offense as opposed to defense. That's a 180 from last season. Though the personnel is significantly different this season.

I'd say the weakness of the unit is Everett is a work in progress. The D line doesn't really bring much pass rush yet. It looks like it can stop the run but they weren't really up against a stiff running attack to be tested. Allen and Ioannidis have the potential to bring some pressure up the middle judging by camp and preseason. I don't think the front 7 is great at dropping in coverage and playing zone.

The strength is (knock on wood) the secondary. Zach Brown up the middle. And the edge pass rush. Kerrigan, Preston, Galette, Anderson. Galette looked good in limited snaps last Sunday, he is supposed to play more. He had a sack nullified by a penalty last Sunday.
----------
This was awesome man, thanks for sharing. Posted it up on one of our threads.

The Eagles OL is one of the top rated units, so if you guys were able to dial some things up, which you did, that will be needed against us too.

The thing that that sticks out to me and causes concern is the fact that you see the D being strong against the run. This is the exact thing we will be looking to improve this week. So, a win for both sides will be this:

You will get to see a stud RB against that front, and I'll get to see if we can win the LOS battle to run the football. That's exciting IMO because good teams can find a way to not be one dimintional. You guys will get a heavy dose of Gurley.

Good post - JRobinson
---------
Thanks. I think this team can stop the run well. But I still need it to play out some more to be sure. Manusky harped on stopping the run (along with running a more aggressive scheme) to be his top priority when he took over the defense.

Ziggy Hood had to switch to nose last year on the fly (they had injuries at nose). And he was just a guy last season. The new D line coach Tomsula is known for developing noses and Ziggy said he's feeling much more comfortable this season at the position. He looked good last Sunday, swallowing double teams, etc. Allen is good against the run. McGee brings no rush but is a good run stopper -- big guy with the physique of a nose.

Then you got good MLBs playing behind the D line front. Switching in effect Zach Brown (pro-bowler last year) into the lineup to replace Will Compton (a guy who plays with a lot of heart but was very bad against the run) I think has transformed that position. Brown arguably was the best defensive player both in the preseason and the first game.

Junior Galette is actually probably the best pass rusher on the team but he's been brought along slowly because of past injuries. He will play mostly weakside-edge. Kerrigan they move around but will likely play mostly weakside edge, too. Preston Smith played mostly weakside last year but the design for this season seems to be to play him on the strong side. Kerrigan and Smith can run hot and cold.

The secondary: Norman is still a stud. He's playing more off coverage this year. Breeland plays more press. They will likely play a lot of man and take chances with the secondary (similar to Wade Phillips -- Manusky is from his coaching tree).

Fuller was projected by some as a late first rounder in the 2016 draft but fell to the third because of injuries -- is playing healthy this year and looking good in the slot. Swearinger isn't a speedy free safety but has good instincts and is by a mile the vocal leader of the unit. Everett plays with energy but comes off to me like he plays a bit wild and not always disciplined and can be exploited.

Considering McVay and Joe Barry are on your sidelines and they recall the 2016 season well -- I'd bet maybe they try to pick the team apart (2016 style) in the middle via the slot WR and test the middle linebackers in coverage. In the running game, I'd think they'd go a lot of outside zone and exploit the edges. Maybe throw at Breeland and get early success to shatter his confidence (the dude can get emotional).

As for the Redskins offense. Short version. I like both Jay as a head coach and Kirk as the QB but like most they have an achilles heel in my opinion. Make the Redskins one dimensional and the key is do it quick. Jay can get frustrated quickly if the running game isn't hopping and has a habit of arguably abandoning the run too quick.

Get into Kirk's head quickly as to the pass rush where he feels like he can't trust his protection. Kirk then tends to rush his throws even when pressure isn't there. Kirk tends to thrive when he finds his groove so you want to disrupt that right away.

The weakness on the line is center and LG so Donald playing 3 technique on the right side would likely be nightmarish for the Redskins. The Cardinals did that at times with Calais Campbell last year and Calais was a monster in that game.

McVay knows that Kirk used Chris Thompson (RB) and Jordan Reed (TE) as his crutches on an average day let alone playing a team that can bring heat like the Rams. So I'd guess there would be major game planning to shut out both. For example, put a safety versus a LB on Thompson.

To hazard a guess, I think the Rams defense will crowd the line of scrimmage and make it hard to make plays in the flat. And take their chances that the Redskins can't beat them deep. Kirk can throw a decent deep ball but his favorite deep target is gone in Desean Jackson.

And Kirk tends to starts seasons slowly where his accuracy evolves over the season. If Kirk gets hot he definitely is capable of burning the Rams on deep balls (corner-post, deep crossing routes, etc). But will he have the time to go 5-7 step drops? And does he have the chemistry yet with receivers to make big plays like that?

I am a big Josh Doctson guy (not everyone agrees with me on this board about it -- because of frustrations about his injury) and if he plays -- I think he can be an X factor. Pryor has potential too but he looked rusty last Sunday. Crowder is probably the best receiver right now but he had a quiet day last Sunday.
----------
Love the details man, love it. This is why I joined, to discuss. We are getting into the meat of the matchups now so here goes my response...

Running the ball last week was challenging due to the Colts two DTs that are actually the studs on their D aside from Vonte Davis, who was injured. One of our members posted a stat about facing the 8 man boxes which didn't happen a lot last week; but we still struggled to run, especially to the right. There are quite a few idiots on our board that seem to think that Gurley has 'lost a step' or 'lost vision'.

While his vision decreased last season, I strongly believe it was do to the lackluster of the OL performance. Jeff Fisher just wanted to run the ball over and over. In saying all that, if you guys run blitz up the gut, or overload the right side, we will be behind the chains, count on it.

However, we haven't seen McVay change game-planning in game yet, so I honestly dont know how we will respond if we can't run the ball early. I do know this, first and 10 doesn't mean we are running automatically like we did with the Fisher era.

So to elaborate, our RT is third year man Rob Havenstien. He doesn't really excel at any particular thing, he's just big, real big. He really struggles against speed rushers in pass pro and seems to have question marks when generating a push in run blocking. Keeps his pad level too high due to his big frame.

Also a third year man is Jamon Brown at RG. He is a lot like Havenstien, not great ant any one thing. But, he's a better run blocker supposedly and we haven't seen that yet. John Sullivan (FA pickup) is an upgrade for us over Tim Barnes of last year. So far, he has proven to be at least average in all aspects. Our LG is a solid player in Rodger Saffold.

He does everything relatively well (except from staying on the field for a full 16 games), especially now he's next to Pro Bowler LT Andrew Whitworth. Whitworth is a beast in every aspect of what a LT does. So, I'd imagine that Kerrigan will be lined up over on the weak side as you say... not good for us.

As you said, Brown is the tackling machine for your squad. I have no doubt that he will be making plays come tomorrow. You obviously have to have a guy like him to play any defense of scheme that you guys run. I also agree with your assessment that we will attempt to attack your linebackers and their ability to cover our athletic tight ends.

We have two of them in Tyler Higbee and Gerald Everett. Both of them can run and catch the ball extremely well. However Everett appears to be the superior of the two. On the flip Side, they are not very good at run blocking, particularly in line blocking.

I believe our key match up on offense will be Gurley vs your linebackers in the passing game and Cooper Kupp against Fuller in the slot.

Defensively, we play a lot of man coverage and blitz sporadically. It does not appear that our number two corner in Kavon Webster will be ready to go due to a shoulder issue. Nickel Roby-Coleman will step in his role. That will leave us to play more of a 5-2 look rather than a 3-4.

This actually plays in our favor due to the personnel that we currently have on our roster. I can't really comment much more on what we will do defensively because I'm not sure what Wade Phillips has up his sleeve yet.

Chris Thompson will definitely see some touches somewhere, somehow. We just have to not allow the big play.

Sorry for the long response. - JRobinson

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
holy crap, I thought I was a homer...Looks like they have a Top 5 defense if the above can be believed....lol

KayJay

Starter
I'd love for the defense to get involved and dominate. But my eyes are all on Goff, same as last game. He should be under more pressure for sure, but the more he continues to convert and throw down field Gurley will have more holes open up for him. In the long run, Goffense should continue to look new and improved. My gut feeling tells me we should win the next two. But Idk, it depends on how much Goff has improved. And from what I've seen, he's left me no reason to doubt the progress I've seen thus far.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'd love for the defense to get involved and dominate. But my eyes are all on Goff, same as last game. He should be under more pressure for sure, but the more he continues to convert and throw down field Gurley will have more holes open up for him. In the long run, Goffense should continue to look new and improved. My gut feeling tells me we should win the next two. But Idk, it depends on how much Goff has improved. And from what I've seen, he's left me no reason to doubt the progress I've seen thus far.

I am in the same boat.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
As per usual, I post the first thing that pops into my head.
And this is what happened upon seeing that picture.

[av]http://mobiles-media.com/ringtones/mp3/popular/pop-ymca.mp3[/av]

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Has anyone done research on whether Jay Gruden, as an OC or HC, has ever beaten a Wade Phillips' coached defense? That's what worries me most about this game. I get the feeling Wade owns Jay (and it's only going to be magnified with McVay giving him inside info)
This^^ is a very interesting Question, and I would like to know the answer! Does anyone know!?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
200.webp

Rams O put up 30 points without the D. Yes i'm counting the three FG's.

haha, the only thing that guy watched closely was the box score. and he couldn't even understand the information in that.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Watching your team play in a half empty stadium has to be satisfying for you. I freaking hate it when greedy owners screw loyal fans. And let's face it, other than that Haley's Comet that was Kurt Warner you have had a really bad team to root for. You deserve better. Good luck this season although I have to admit after the owner moved the team I'll have to root against them every week.

Not sure if he's talking about Georgia or Stan.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
holy crap, I thought I was a homer...Looks like they have a Top 5 defense if the above can be believed....lol

No doubt. Dude has already forgotten about the division rival that hung 30 on them. Wish I had that kind of selective memory holy F.

I think the Skins' defense will be better this year. I think they're better than the Colts' defense. But they're not elite, and they're probably not good enough to make up for what our defense should do to the Skins' offense.

I mean this is the NFL so anything can happen any week. Goff could play like a rook, fumbles at bad times, blown coverages, bad calls at the worst moment, etc. Just think it's unlikely the Skins will get enough to win this one.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Redskins 74, Rams 3
:rolllaugh::rolllaugh::rolllaugh::rolllaugh:

Y'know, I just remembered something
When Wade Phillips was with the Broncos, they were always vulnerable to runs up the middle. Their defense was really solid except for that. I think it was because he always tried to bring so much pressure on the QB that he left the middle a bit exposed.
I kinda remember this too...and I think we still have that issue. When Brockers leaves the field, the middle is weakened.

Cousins' give a **** is broken. He does not care about this organization. He's trying to stay healthy so he can reunite with Kyle Shanahan in SF.

Gruden looks defeated, like he knows the end is near. At least that's what some of the local beat reporters are saying. Not his fault, he means well and tries hard but this job just isn't for him.

We we have a bunch of dudes on 1-year contracts. The 2016 draft class may be the worst ever assembled. Our team's future is very bleak so don't expect a lot of energy or fire from the burgundy and gold.

Congrats on the 2nd win

Sheep suck, LA doesnt deserve a team. McVey looks like a 10 year old with a fake mustache

Redskins 49
Rams 3
Here is what one of our posters posted, maybe you can elaborate?

DE: Stacy McGee - JAG
NT: Ziggy Hood - Liability
DE: Jonathan Allen - Talented rookie
OLB: Ryan Kerrigan - Very good player
ILB: Mason Foster - Average
ILB: Zach Brown - Average to above average
OLB: Preston Smith - Inconsistent
CB: Bashaud Breeland - Inconsistent
FS: D.J. Swearinger - Good last year; bad before that
SS: DeShazorEverett - Uncertain - JRobinson
Looks strong vs the run....but very susceptible to the pass....especially in the middle of the field to the TE's and RB's...Ryan Kerrigan is a problem....Havenstein better be on his p's & q's.....or I'd look for that Lucas guy to get more reps in practice.
That will leave us to play more of a 5-2 look rather than a 3-4.
Same thing to me...No???

What? they don't even mention their new secret weapon, Brian Quick
That's why he's a secret....:shocking::dizzy: