What is your local pizza style?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
i know there was a thread where we were talking about the best pizza in St.Louis, but I could not find it. Anyway, someone mentioned a place called Dog Town pizza having the best. Well, I was at Schnucks and saw that they sell frozen Dog Town Pizza. I went ahead and got one, it was like $8 so I was thinking that this better be a killer damn pizza. I get home and put it in and let me say....Best pizza I have had in my life. Not just Frozen either. I can't imagine how good it is fresh. You folks that live up in STL that can pick it up fresh are lucky as hell. Just a great St.Louis Style Pizza. For those who are unsure, St.Louis Style Pizza is a very think Cracker-like crust with a sweet sauce and a mixed processed cheese called Provel. It's awesome and fits my tast great. Before I tried this, my only tast for STL Style was Imos. So...what's you cities type of pizza and who does it best?

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Agree IMOs is good. Where I grew up there was a little joint called Mama Rosas. They made a deep dish Sicilian style pie that was to die for. Also a Veal parm sandwich that would make you slap your mommy even on mothers day

Greg Stone

Rookie
In my little corner of the Northwest it's Waterfront Pizza which has thin slightly crispy sour dough crust with fresh local toppings including three types of sausage.

Our favorite in St. Louis decades ago was Santinos at Olive and 270 which went upscale and is now Gianfabio's in Chesterfield. Back then Caleco's on Old Olive had the best deep dish I have ever.

bluecoconuts

Legend
LA "pizza" is typically some weird hippie shit. I like NY style pizza, or real Italian margherita style personally. There's a few different mom and pop New York style places around here that are good though.

I wasn't really a fan of St Louis style, nor was I a fan of Imos. My girlfriends family was all about it, my girlfriend didn't think it was worth the hype.

Toasted ravioli was awesome though, y'all did that right.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Not sure if you consider this "local" but it's smaller than the Papa Johns of the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marco's_Pizza

Also we have a place called Andolini's that makes NY style. It's awesome, but expensive so it's rare that I get it. Last time was in September.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Fortel's is my go-to place for St. Louis style pizza.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Anybody else have pizza joints that cut their 'za into little squares? Fargo's two 'signature' pizza institutions both do, I actually quite enjoy it. Even the few corner pieces where you just get crust with a hint of cheese and sauce.

Beef and onion is the staple for me and my peoples. But there's a Fargo pizza that features salami and mushrooms and some other random bits that's pretty nice too.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Chicago style.

My favorite is Lou Malnati's. The sauce isn't sauce per say. It's a crushed tomato sauce. The thing that sets Lou's apart is their crust. It tastes buttery. Compliments the deep dish style well.

Most people like Giordano's, but not me. I'm not a big fan of the corn meal mixed into the crust.

There's a place downtown called Pizano's that does a really good thin crust. It reminds me of the Lou Malnati's taste, only thin crust.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
The North End in Boston has great pizza. Today is Friday Pizza night at my house, so looking forward to that lol.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
North Carolina has no identity when it comes to pizza. I can get New York style, Chicago style, and everything in between.
Surprisingly, the local health food store here has the best pizza ever. It's kinda thin, but not crispy, and tastes phenomenal.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The North End in Boston... Friday Pizza night at my house

A-A-A-A-A-N-N-N-N-N-T-T-T-T-H-H-H-H-O-O-O-O-N-N-N-N-Y-Y-Y-Y-Y!!!
You're old enough to remember that commercial.
:p

Pizzaria Regina???

Last edited:

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Chicago style.

My favorite is Lou Malnati's. The sauce isn't sauce per say. It's a crushed tomato sauce. The thing that sets Lou's apart is their crust. It tastes buttery. Compliments the deep dish style well.

Most people like Giordano's, but not me. I'm not a big fan of the corn meal mixed into the crust.

There's a place downtown called Pizano's that does a really good thin crust. It reminds me of the Lou Malnati's taste, only thin crust.
Took vacation in Chicago back in 2011. One of my employees was from there and told me to go to Lou's. We waited 1.5 hours to be seated. All I can say is... it was worth it!!!

Whenever I'm in Orlando, I always go to Giordano's (yes, they have one in Orlando). Pretty close, but I still prefer Malnatti's.

My favorite all time is Reservoir Pizza... South Orange, NJ. I know this sounds unhealthy (and it is) but the grease drips off the thin crust... outrageously delicious!

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
Took vacation in Chicago back in 2011. One of my employees was from there and told me to go to Lou's. We waited 1.5 hours to be seated. All I can say is... it was worth it!!!

Whenever I'm in Orlando, I always go to Giordano's (yes, they have one in Orlando). Pretty close, but I still prefer Malnatti's.

My favorite all time is Reservoir Pizza... South Orange, NJ. I know this sounds unhealthy (and it is) but the grease drips off the thin crust... outrageously delicious!

Now this is a man who knows his pizza!

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Chicago style.

If I'm going Chicago style, Lou Malnati's is my favorite. I can actually buy them frozen and shipped to Rhode Island. It's not quite the same, but pretty good nonetheless

But growing up in St. Louis, I'm beholden to St. Louis style pizza. My favorite is probably Bob Fortels. But living in Rhode Island you can't really get it.

I buy Imo's pizza frozen and shipped here. It's expensive, but pretty darn close to the real thing. I was not so big on Dogtown Pizza, so don't have that shipped. But for all of you St. Louis ex-pats living abroad who are craving St. Louis style pizza, Imo's shipped to you is the way to go.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've never had Fortels but y'all have me intrigued. Also @Warner4Prez St.Louis Style is cut into squares and everyone's favorite part is the corner pieces.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I wasn't really a fan of St Louis style, nor was I a fan of Imos. My girlfriends family was all about it, my girlfriend didn't think it was worth the hype.

My wife, who grew up in Ontario, said the same thing.

It's funny how where you live can effect what you find tasty.